It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Strikes Deal With RNC over Delegates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The GOP has confirmed that Ron Paul will be on the slate as a potential Republican nominee for President in Tampa Bay on August 26.

abcnews.go.com...

IMO, anything could happen. The majority of Romney supports cannot seriously believe he's able-bodied to win the Presidency. As Ron Paul put it a few months ago. "These Candidates against Obama will spent all of their time defending themselves against accusation. I don't have to worry about that."

Good luck, America! The world is watching!

Where are you getting that quote from...it isn't in your source article anywhere????

When I google the quote "The GOP has confirmed that Ron Paul will be on the slate as a potential Republican nominee", all I get is blogs, facebook, and this thread on ATS.

So, what is the source of that quote???

My thoughts exactly, OutKast. I'm a RP supporter, but I don't see that quote anywhere in the article. The title of this post seems misleading, as it's not the title of the article... I hate to nitpick, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stryde

Yeah, I just want the facts. If he is indeed on the ballot, great...it will make for an interesting Convention.

But I don't think false information like this is helpful to anyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If Paul is on the ballot, the first thing the party will do at the convention is vote to suspend the rules.
Suspending the rules will eliminate , a speech by Paul and the ballot vote for nomination.
Which will make Mittens the candidate.
The whole reason to suspending the rules is to silence Ron Paul and his supporters early in the convention.
Once the rules are suspended , that will be the end for Paul and his supporters.
Should the GOP further facture the party by ignoring Paul and his supporters, I'm hoping Paul changes his mind and runs as a third party candidate. If the GOP forces Paul to a third party Mittens will come in third place in the election.The GOP will not unite under Mittens, but will under Paul.
Kind make you wonder if we're all being misled to vote for Obama , with a loser like Mittens.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
RONPAULRONPAULRONPAUL - POTUS 2012

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What I don't get is what exactly has Obama delivered? Has he done anything for gays, or women (2 of his larger support groups)? He had all of these promises of "Change", yet has delievered nothing other than the status quo that I am aware of.

I don't think Romney is a great candidate at all either. There just doesn't seem to be a drive or a passion behind him, IMO. Much like the mediocre republican candidates of last election, we will probably be facing 4 more years of "Change, and unkept promises" and much more so, disapointment.

The only candidate to truly inspire me is Ron Paul, whose ideas of small government and liberty are the only ones I fully agree with and support. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that even if he made the ticket the votes would matter. Seems like everything is predefined anyways.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'd like to see Ron Paul debate Obama. It would be like taking candy from a child. Ron Paul would only have to bring something along the lines of this...

"Mr.Obama you swore an oath to preserve the constitution against foreign and domestic enemies. Could you explain the extension of the patriot act? How about the addition of the ex-patriate act? Also, do you wish to explain the national defense authority act? All these acts you impose on our sovereign citizens diminish their God given inalienable rights of freedom. How can you swear an oath then do the complete opposite of what that oath stands for? Then on the economic side of things, capitalism a laissez faire principle, you choose to bailout the banks and not just once, but twice. In what world does bailing out broken corrupt business equate to capitalism? For someone who claims to be a U.S. constitutional lawyer, you do everything but abide by it."

Something along those lines. I think I spelled laissaze fair wrong. :/ As a matter of fact does Obama & Romney's blood lines link up? Just like all the previous presidents before them approximately. Is Ronald Paul apart of their blood line?

I used to think anyone could become president, but it seems to all be a fallacy. I also used to think there were good people in government, but that's a rarity. All I know is that if Obama or Romney win, wars shall continue and debt shall increase. How can any of us support this? Much less the military personnel? Do they not know they're risking their lives for some corporation's profit?

If I were president and there was war on the horizon, I wouldn't send your children to fight, I'd be on the front line myself!
edit on 22-8-2012 by PatriotAct because: 1.618

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
I'd like to see Ron Paul debate Obama. It would be like taking candy from a child. Ron Paul would only have to bring something along the lines of this...

"Mr.Obama you swore an oath to preserve the constitution against foreign and domestic enemies. Could you explain the extension of the patriot act? How about the addition of the ex-patriate act? Also, do you wish to explain the national defense authority act? All these acts you impose on our sovereign citizens diminish their God given inalienable rights of freedom. How can you swear an oath then do the complete opposite of what that oath stands for? Then on the economic side of things, capitalism a laissez faire principle, you choose to bailout the banks and not just once, but twice. In what world does bailing out broken corrupt business equate to capitalism? For someone who claims to be a U.S. constitutional lawyer, you do everything but abide by it."

Something along those lines. I think I spelled laissaze fair wrong. :/ As a matter of fact does Obama & Romney's blood lines link up? Just like all the previous presidents before them approximately. Is Ronald Paul apart of their blood line?

I used to think anyone could become president, but it seems to all be a fallacy. I also used to think there were good people in government, but that's a rarity. All I know is that if Obama or Romney win, wars shall continue and debt shall increase. How can any of us support this? Much less the military personnel? Do they not know they're risking their lives for some corporation's profit?

If I were president and there was war on the horizon, I wouldn't send your children to fight, I'd be on the front line myself!
edit on 22-8-2012 by PatriotAct because: 1.618

Then Obama would say, are you not the guy who wants to shut down the department of AG our farmers depend on? Sell the the national parts to developers? End Federal laws against sexual harassment in the work place and take away student loans for our college students? And take away a womans right to chose? And just how many bills have you managed to get passed in your long career in congress? And just how did you get to be the Republican candidate when you came in 4th?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I will be voting for Ron Paul regardless if he gets the election. I'll diffidently write his name in as well. From reading posts and reply's on the topics of politicians that happen to include Ron Paul, I'm sure many of you will do the same. Of course you and I can see the how corrupt and out of hand our "safe, trustworthy" government has gotten, and the corrupt politicians who are willing to play ball. Ron Paul IS real change, his voting record and his Audit The Fed Bill among many of his wise views on other issues is more than enough to earn my vote as well as YOUR VOTE! write him in if you have to. We must take back our rights!!!! or get ready or history to repeat it self.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
so he's not activating "stealth delegates" to steal the nom ?

weird

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If he is on the Ballot he get my vote - if not, the Gary Johnson gets it - I cant vote for the lessor of two evils, no matter what I try to convince myself of. enough is enough - lets get back to the basics that made Americans ideals the envy of the world. and yes, metal as money is the only way I see that happening - oh, and firing the Federal Reserve and maybe arresting a couple of haundred politicians for treason, and of coarse put the citizens above the police review boards .... ah did I miss any thing >?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Thats crazy talk to me, because all obama can talk about is fluff and put downs, and jobs, but he has done nothing in his time but sell us out and go on vacation. He would fail miserably going up against Ron Paul, as Dr. Paul would discuss reality and direction with a plan, he would not be afraid to point out publically where obama has gone wrong and enlighten American voters about what will befall America on the current course.

What is REALLY interesting would be the reaction by all the other world leaders who have been making backroom deals against America. It will also be the end of FED. I would LOVE to see him make it to the Real debates.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Then Paul will laugh and say "no, where are you getting your info on me? Some guy on a conspiracy forum over simplifying my ideology to the point that it's out of context?" You don't seem to understand how true conservatism works and the things regarding abortion that paul says to appease gop voters is are only his personal opinion (he's against abortion except in cases of rape or health problems - give him a break he delivered babies all his life and it's against his religion) what you don't seem to grasp is that he doesn't think the federal government should be able to outlaw it (so that means he would remove the power to deny woman's choice from his own hands and the hands of the crazier pr life guys) and give it to the states which would at worst keep it the same as it is now and eventually people would legalize abortion everywhere.

So get it right.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

abcnews.go.com...

I wonder why, when I try to go to the web page from the link the OP put up I get sent to a page that says "This website is unavailable"

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Can someone tell me if accepting this compromise will mean Ron Paul won't have a plurality of delegates in enough states to be the nominee? I mean if he is taking 17 official delegates from LA does that knock him down to 4 states or did LA make his 6th state?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Two slogans we should all spread around. I think I shall order some custom bumper stickers.

"Write In,
Right In
Ron Paul!"

and

"Seven Letters:
R-O-N P-A-U-L"

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I knew a year ago or more that Romney would be shoved down our throats by the media, and he was. Any polls Ron Paul won were quickly removed. Any steam he gained was minimized and ignored. He got 10% of the talk-time other candidates got at the debates. We really don't have "free elections". Think about it; 300 million people in this country and we basically get one choice; the predetermined nominee. It is the RNC that decides who they will put their weight behind and if a candidate comes along who isn't in lockstep with the party agenda, then they are shoved aside and ignored. The MSM is spoon-fed who they are supposed to give coverage to and the news and talk shows are intentionally programmed to push said candidate. If you don't believe this is true, then you must believe that it is purely random that one candidate gets 80% or 90% more face time than another. It's not random, it's by design.

People will write Ron Paul off by saying, "he could have never won, he didn't have the support". That's not the point; the point is, he deserved the respect and the media coverage of any other candidate. All the media has to do is put their weight behind their stooge of choice and that's who will get propelled to get the nomination. Trust me; if Ron Paul had gotten the media coverage and interviews and face-time that Romney got, people would have quickly gotten on board with him.

The media has become just like the two party political system; Fox News is just as crooked to the right as MSNBC is to the left. Fox News is guilty of burying polls (admittedly, by Bill O) because the Ron Paul supporters "slammed the polls". I don't even know what the hell that means and I've been in IT for 20 years. What it means to me is, more Ron Paul supporters took the poll than Mitt Romney supporters; isn't that kind of the point of a poll? If a candidate has such a large following that he wipes the floor with the candidate of choice, that somehow nullifies the poll? I don't think so.

The really sad part of our elections is how superficial they are and how superficial the voters are. I don't take pleasure in saying that about my fellow Americans but it's the truth and Obama is the irrefutable evidence. He brought absolutely nothing to the table in 2008. Nothing...except race and a teleprompter, and no, I'm not saying that tongue-in-cheek, I'm dead serious. He used words like "hope" and "change", which by themselves meant absolutely nothing. Zero. They were superficial fluff and somehow he used that to mesmerize the masses.

He talked about a "civilian security force equally equipped and funded as our regular military". The crowd went nuts. And my jaw dropped. Two words; "Brown Shirt". That statement should have had every freedom-loving American asking, "what exactly would such a force have to defend against?" By definition, civilian means "not military". Did they ask that question? Nope. They cheered...because he was black...or because he made that statement with such "eloquence". I simply cannot think of any other reason he would get a pass on such a scary statement. Personally, I was appalled and scared at the same time. In another instance, I was watching a "town hall" type rally with several thousand people and Obama was on one side of the rope and the adoring fans were on the other. Obama was taking questions. Out of nowhere, this older woman near the front said, "I love you Barack!" I found that just plain weird. First of all, since when are we on a first-name basis with our elected officials? I cannot imagine somebody saying, "I love you George" or "I love you Mitt". Secondly, they aren't there for us to "love", they are there to serve us and if anybody should love anybody, the politicians should love US. We write their paychecks, give them nice, handsome, lifetime paychecks, the best benefits package money can buy, secret service agents, etc, etc.

I listened to plenty of Obama's speeches and one theme came up time after time; he could string together a number of multi-syllable words quite nicely, but if you actually looked at the content of what he said, it was nothing. It had no real meaning and was so general you couldn't possibly discern exactly what it was he was committing to. Then, once again, there were the wild cheers as if they were at a rock concert.

What every American needs to do is to stop treating the elections like the Super Bowl and treat them like elections; voting for a candidate who serves all of our best interests and understands that they work for US. This mentality of winning at any cost as if it were the Super Bowl is the heart of what's wrong with our elections. When I hear the phrase, "We won! Get over it!", I want to cringe. It's not a friggin' sports game, it's the future of our nation. Put away your partisan blinders and take the time to really analyze the candidates and what it is they are promising or bringing to the table. Only then can we move forward as one.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i want to believe in Ron Paul, but I get this sinking feeling in my stomach that he, as well as the other two (Romney/Obama) have their own distinct and equally destructive cults of personality.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

eh, just looks like the start of future issues.

The republican party is dying, though its name may live on.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSceptic
i want to believe in Ron Paul, but I get this sinking feeling in my stomach that he, as well as the other two (Romney/Obama) have their own distinct and equally destructive cults of personality.

That's what politics is all about, playing to people's interests and common personalities to gain power. Nobody cares about any "republican" or "democratic" values, they just play to what they think people will get behind. The sad thing about it is that no one really cares about their "values", they just care that their team wins. People are completely hollow and dishonest and what they "care" about is always just a front for whatever malice and self promoting nonsense they want to project on to the world. That's why you can go to a country club and more than half the "republicans" or "democrats" there don't know a damn thing about their party, all they know is they are part of a team and the other team sucks for some reason.

Why do you think so many people are so delusional to the wrongdoings that the government is doing? Because they could care less as long as their "team" wins. They get tunnel vision so to speak, they want to win even if it kills them, their country or their children in a foreign land... and they don't even realize it.

Ron Paul may be a slight exception but he still has to play along the same lines to be a politician, he just does it in a more honest and open way. That's why its easy for people to call Ron Paul supporters a "cult", because the fact is that it IS a cult! Right along with the two party system which is an established cult, you can't (for some reason) call that a "cult" because "that's just the way it is".

I know... people are really crazy right?
edit on 22-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Well, Ron will ALWAYS have to worry about the newsletter 'thing'. Seriously.

But Romney should be worrying about a whole lot more than he has worried about. He's been getting a free pass.

One thing I have taken out of this whole campaign - the RNC is a slimy dirtbag organization.

I'l take "dirtbags" I know of over "hippie-dippy marxist" any day. At least they don't mask their motives in flowery ambiguous b.s..
edit on 22-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join