It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17-Year-Old Sexual Assault Victim, Ruined Attacker's Life Says His Lawyer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

A sudden blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed
By the dark webs, her nape caught in his bill,

My interpretation: This man or beast is a predator that took control of the unwary.

He holds her helpless breast upon his breast.

The prey is sure enough of the situation that he does not question the situation.

How can those terrified vague fingers push
The feathered glory from her loosening thighs?

An unknowing but yet knowing that his or her actions will change the victims life forever.

And how can body, laid in that white rush,
But feel the strange heart beating where it lies?

The predator knows what it has done and feels no remorse.

A shudder in the loins engenders there
The broken wall, the burning roof and tower[20]
And Agamemnon dead.

The predator knows what has been done and does nothing to change the out come.

Being so caught up,

So mastered by the brute blood of the air,
Did she put on his knowledge with his power
Before the indifferent beak could let her drop?

Does any one care what has happened?

By: W.B Yeats
edit on 23-8-2012 by Yeats because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There isn't a judge in the world I give authority or any power over me, if he in any way does anything I consider evil, then doubly so. He is but a servant and doesnt serve the lawyers creepy language to protect the reputation of hard core criminals. And rape is hard core behavior of the worst kind.

And so, I would never remain silent and pack a really huge bullhorn to make sure they all freaking heard it. They don't call the freaking shots, I don't elect dictators. THey are but EARS PERIOD! Man this case makes me mad. No, you don't win. You muzzles go on you, not citizens.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The girl should have just told her family and friends about it. Keep things simple, the law turns a blind eye and the family beats the hell outta these punks. Then she wouldn't have had to go tweeting(whatever the heck that is) about these things to feel justice.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeats

My interpretation: This man or beast is a predator that took control of the unwary.

The prey is sure enough of the situation that he does not question the situation.

An unknowing but yet knowing that his or her actions will change the victims life forever.

And Agamemnon dead.

Being so caught up,

For reference:

Leda and the Swan

The broken wall, the burning roof and tower
And Agamemnon dead.

Being so caught up,

BY: W.B Yeats

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

And Agamemnon dead.

Being so caught up,

For reference:

Leda and the Swan

The broken wall, the burning roof and tower
And Agamemnon dead.

Being so caught up,

BY: W.B Yeats

Irrelevant. that's merely stating one thoughts/feelings. That holds no substance whatsoever. Just saying. The Poems were beautiful though, but like I said, Irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's never okay to take advantage of anyone whether they are fully awake or passed out drunk. It is NEVER okay. But it's also not okay to get your self passed out drunk at a party unless you have someone there that you know cares about you and you can trust with your soul. Otherwise, stick to pepsi.

This is coming from a young adult female.

edit on 23-8-2012 by FurthestStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FurthestStar

I agreed with the first part of your post. But not the next.

But it's also not okay to get your self passed out drunk at a party unless you have someone there that you know cares about you and you can trust with your soul

I recently, very recently, lost a friend. He was an innocent bystander. He got hit by a bullet not intended for him, caught in the crossfire of a gang shooting.

This is how it's relevant. Some people said "he was in the wrong place at the wrong time". And my mother replied "no he was in the right place at the right time! The shooters were in the wrong place at the wrong time". He should have had the freedom to be out that night. He was not guilty of any wrong doing. He was leaving a dance studio. Yet tragedy struck.

This is analogous. It doesn't matter that she was at a party. It doesn't matter that she was drinking. She should have the freedom to go to a party and to drink and not get sexually assaulted.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
dont know what side to take on this but maybe she is lying ? whoo knowss

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Three pages have gone by and there are still people blaming the victim.

Pathetic. America is dead.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Some teenagers go get drunk, the girl gets touched ... she files charges of rape. But wasn't ... she files charges of having pictures of her on internet, there are none.

The part, which is important here ... is that after she's had the guy judged on the issue. Something that will stick with him. for all his life ... she goes on and bashes this guy, and commits a crime against this guy.

This girl is not a victim ... she's a perpetrator ... and the fact, that she is attacking a man, naming his name ... with an intend of ruining him. Makes the scenario, where she claims to have been a victim ... a questionable scenario.

It is not the act of sex, that is a crime. And the common sense, that you can't touch someone ... is ludicrus beyond belief. And anyone coming on ATS, claiming to be a good guy, because he's support this kind of behavior ... is really out of touch with reality.

Sexual act, is not a crime ... a rapist, is not trying to have sex. He's trying to abuse, to dominate. He's mind is set on "hurting" the victim ... his or her intent, is malicious one ... it's this malicious intent, that is the crime ... not touching someone, or craving a kiss.

In this case, you have a teenage guy who "appears" to have been atracted to her, and wanted to "touch" her ... but not with malicious intent, but with the intent of any man who is attracted to a woman. Now, I have to focus on the word "appears". But of course, "appears" doesn't mean that it is so ...

But what is evident, and obvious ... is that the girl in question, has clear "malicious" intent. Someone might say, that she turned that way "after" the rape. But sorry, your wrong ... victims are broken, they don't react violently like this girl has. A victim, is a person who can't face daylight ... stays away, and shys away. That is a victim ... this girl is not a victim. And given this conduct, she is unlikely to have been the victim ... from the start.

STOP DEFENDING WOMEN, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

It's like a woman can get away with any crime she wants, just because she's a woman ... and that's obviously wrong.

Put the scenario the other way around ... next time, you wanna see if something is a crime or not ... then tell it, like the woman is the perpertrator, and the guy the victim. If people who hear it, still feel the same way ... then you know it's a crime ... if their feelings switch, just because it's a girl ... then you know it isn't.

edit on 23/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Another misogynist.

So it's okay to touch a woman intimately without her consent.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
Another misogynist.

Disgusting.

It is so disgusting. This thread and a lot of the replies go to show what state our country is in. There have been many great points made on the side of the victim, while there have been none on the side of the attacker.

I have lost respect for certain members of this forum based on their replies to this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The definition of Ivy League IS about a sports conference. *FACEPALM*

Guess he hasn't heard all the news about Penn State.

Good heavens.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
People are probably groping her all night and she's giggling like the dumb# she is.

You sir, are a raving moron.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What were the boys charged with? Sexual assault, Not rape.
I'm in no way saying what they did was right.
But, why is a girl/woman not held accountable for anything she does while drunk
And men are held accountable for everything they do when drunk?
If she was too drunk to know better than to pass out at a party, then why weren't they too drunk to know better than to do what they did?
It is a double standard.
She was mad because there were pictures of her, that's why 'she couldn't face anyone'. She was not raped yet she publicly accused these boys of it.
Isn't there a law against that?
I think some of you forget how teenage girls are about their 'image'.

edit on 23-8-2012 by EndlessFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by salmoneggs
The girl should have just told her family and friends about it. Keep things simple, the law turns a blind eye and the family beats the hell outta these punks. Then she wouldn't have had to go tweeting(whatever the heck that is) about these things to feel justice.

Great idea.

The family then beats the tar out of this man, possibly killing him in the process. How is this any better? Now her father or brother is in jail for murder and another family is torn apart.

Vigilante justice is your solution?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Sometimes I think what this country needs is a little Old West frontier justice. Victims are not getting their due through the current system and, if this thread is representative of the country, they won't ever.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Another misogynist.

What, to touch? without the penetration ... what, that's a crime now? Seriously ... people are really getting out of touch here ...

Maybe we should ban sexual organs, and sex all together ... maybe we should create a drug, that makes "sexual" desire just "vanish". Because it's obviously only men that have it, who feel desire and like sex ... women are obviously all "victims" here. Poor souls, to have to suffer sex ... it must be horrible on them, to have men want to do this to them. huh.

I really think some people need help here, I think the social illusion of "men are all monsters, and women are all truthful speaking angels" is just exploding out of proportion here.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sometimes I think what this country needs is a little Old West frontier justice. Victims are not getting their due through the current system and, if this thread is representative of the country, they won't ever.

While i agree that the justice system is royally screwed, advocating a return to frontier justice would quickly see blacks burning on crosses and all manner of innocent people being lynched for all crimes, real and imagined.

It is not a valid solution.

edit on 23-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Right on cue ~ the race card.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join