It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Attack Message, What would you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

video description: simulated nuclear attack message

I came across this video today. Like many, I have thought about such an event, but seeing it and hearing it like this evoked the emotions thoughts alone had been unable to replicate. Granted, I am sure it would be amplified 100 fold if it were a real situation.

How does seeing and hearing this make you feel? What would you do? Are you preppared?
edit on 21-8-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'd march to parliament house, drag every last politician out and make sure they got too see the show also... If I'm going, so are they. Simple as that.
edit on 21-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't know... I think I'd have more confidence if they spelled "notification" and "immediately" right.

I think I'd probably just make one more quick trip to the store down the street and then stay home - nice secluded little neighborhood. If it's so bad you have to run, then there's probably not much use in running.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Call my family tell them I love them then go sit on the porch light up a smoke and open a cold one. then I would think that mankind has finally proven that it is too stupid to survive.
edit on 21-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Gather with my loved ones. tell them all how much I love them, and pray.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
In writing fiction, the "suspension of disbelief" is paramount. In this video; when it said "Miami, Florida" - they just blew the whole thing! N. Korea can't ICBM that far. So, for the poor fiction, replace Miami with Honolulu or Anchorage and then it would have more impact.

I would be on the phone ANYWAY - calling people in the affected area and offering them shelter here.

If it was here (by some alternate scenario that is possible); I have no cellar but would be duct taping the doors, windows, attic opening and air conditioning vents. The AC would be OFF. Other than grabbing the potassium iodide on my bedstand and bottling some water, I'm good to go.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have to agree with the poster who said, if you have to run
then it's already too late.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I would not waste my time on the TV or web but would spend it outside. I like big bangs and surely would not want to miss this one. Just hope the skies are clear for this.

But then with that Russian sub bobbing around in the Gulf not long ago I`d imagine they dropped a nuke off out there just in case we decided to go against them and get involved with Syria or Iran. I`d still like to see the flash before the killer wave hits me. Although that sort of fits that reoccurring nightmare I always had as a kid somewhat.

If we actually got nuked as in more then just one I would prefer going out with the bang rather then suffer the aftermath. I also would just hope we got all ours off so they get a dose of the same as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Yeah, his writing and editing could have been a little better, but seeing the alert and hearing that pc generated voice say the words 'launch,' 'detected,' and 'shelter' etc. kinda gave me goosebumps.

Glad to see you are prepped for that specific scenario.

I recently learned that the iodine pills are not as needed or effective on adults over 40. Not to say that it still isn't a good thing to have. However, if supply came down to rationing it, its best left for young adults and kids.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Imagine the inevitable fear and the chaos flooding the peoples minds. Staring blankly at the TV as if hypnotized, the image of your entire life stripping away like broken film that you once created; and now it's burning slowly before your eyes. The thoughts of, is this how I'm going to see myself and my family die? runs deep in your conscious like a penetrating bullet and for a moment you wish it was only a dream so you can wake up and live your life again but this time with more gratitude and appreciation. Tears slowly run down my cheek as I realize everything that I lived for will dissolve into a never ending enigma.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I recently learned that the iodine pills are not as needed or effective on adults over 40. Not to say that it still isn't a good thing to have. However, if supply came down to rationing it, its best left for young adults and kids.

Really? I'll have to look that up and inform my very large family who all have them!
If that pans out as 100% true; then, I'd change my scenario to a quick dash next door and giving the potassium iodide tablets to the youngin's there before taping the house sealed. Thanks for the heads up!
edit on 21/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sit back in wonderment as North Korea's longest range ICBM; the Taepodong-2, with a range of 6,700km manages to travel an extra 5,642km on vapour to hit Miami, Florida.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

i would head to the abandon missle silos in my town if i had the supply's , these silos were made during the cold war and have since been put out of commission, if i didn't have supply's to last me a while the fall out ensues i would head up into the mountains of my home town and hope its remote enough and high enough to not be effected horribly by fall out cause it definitely wouldn't be in a blast radius
edit on 21-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You do realize that some of us ATSer's spent quite a few entire school days hunkered under desks at school.

The Cuban missile crisis got to the point where Dad had us kids in the car; Mom is yelling "Go! Go! Go NOW!" and Dad was trying to listen to the car radio (mind you the garage door was closed and the engine had to be running to charge the battery for the car radio
). So, Mom and Dad were argueing ... Mom saying that if we don't leave now, it could be too late. Dad, waiting for that one last word to be 100% sure the missiles were in the air.

After a night in the car, it was over. No more all day long school days hunkered under our desks. No more late night carbon monoxide in the garage. I never heard anything again until in High School when I read it in the History books! THEN it all made sense!

edit on 21/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
After you watch the scrolling text.... look at the text under the video.

Sweet visuals haha!

Other than that the video was a complete misrepresentation of what would actually happen. Why would they warn you? All that's gonna do is cause panic.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It might seem strange to compare a nuclear power plant disaster to a nuclear bomb explosion, but these two radically different types of disasters both release the same radioactive elements: iodine, cesium, and strontium.

Radioactive iodine has a half-life of only 8 days. After 80 days, 99.9% of the radioactive iodine has decayed. So the danger from iodine is short-term. However, the body cannot tell the difference between radioactive and non-radioactive iodine. So the radioactive iodine (I-131) can be taken up by the body and concentrated in the thyroid, especially in children, causing thyroid cancer years later. This uptake of I-131 can be prevented by flooding the body with non-radioactive iodine, using potassium iodide tablets (KI tablets).

It is difficult to be prudent and reasonable when there is a serious threat to one’s life or safety. In the case of KI tablets, adults over 40 generally don’t need any KI. Their thyroids are not active enough to take up the radioactive iodine. Adults 18 to 40 should take KI, but the main concern should be children. After Chernobyl, the rate of thyroid cancer in children from the surrounding area was 30 to 60 to 100 times higher than typical in the general population.

A Primer on Radioactive Fallout

Here ya go.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I agree. I think in any actual disaster of significance, like a nuclear attack, they may give a town or region 30 min warning, but no more, if at all. I think they would only do it to say they did it, assuming that they will survive.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Wow, thank you. I didn't mean for you to have to do my homework for me ... but, I do appreciate it and will send the link and information on to all family. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Is this one of those things where you stick your head between your legs, cover your ears, and kiss your ass good bye scenarios?...........I'll pass, I am not a kiss ass type of person.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Glad to help.

As you can tell from the link, having to deal with the long term radioactive elements are the big problem and worth prepping for. It would be good to have the resources to decontaminate materials and foods etc you come into contact with in a fallout area for anywhere from 40 to 90 years. At that point it is best to just try and relocate to a non-contaminated area, if it even exists.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join