It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 page book converted into DNA by researchers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushaholic
Nice post!

I watched something on this a few years back and I just now thought about what I did back then.
Mind you I am bad at putting my thoughts into words because there are too many of them so Ill stickto basics
If dna is a storage device, then we must need a technology to activate or trigger it or a spiritual trigger that we have not learned to control yet.

Could go on to say that religions are trying to confuse our inner dna to not unlock if going towards the spiritual side of things.

Maybe its Triggered by a (Gamma) Radiation Burst from our Sun Like Turning on a DNA Power Switch..
Its all Triggered and Controlled by Codons Being activated and others Becoming "Junk" thus a Shift if you will in Probably everything we Would experience after that...a nice way of explaining our Last Shift ...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A.) If there are Extra Terrestrials could this mean we aren't the first species to think of this?

If there were, then no not by a long shoot.

B.) Maybe we should start some heavy in-depth research into what the hell exactly is all that Junk DNA is that we've been carrying around all this time?

Everything and anything is ultimately encoded, life itself is just data if you look at it that way. And everything that you do and everything that you were is ultimately in there somewhere. I do not think that there is any such thing as junk in nature, or junk DNA as that to is part of nature. And nature itself is not that sloppy it recycles everything even abstract concepts such as data. If its there it has or had some sort of purpose, if not in this present then in some long lost past, or in some long lost future, but from past to future you will always be in the present.

Thoughts?

Excellent! with this we can create many things and it can lead to many more things not just another way to encode data as computers and synthetics are sufficient to do that for now, but DNA is more long lasting and more durable in many ways, because as far as everybody knows it is the building block of all life. It also everywhere and in everything, hey and who knows! Maybe if we learn to read it then anything we pick up will tell us a story, if we can but learn to decode and interpret it.

And also on a more synthetic side, as synthetics can and will be integrated no doubt. With this, and with integration and assimilation of synthetic/computers, ie nanotech stuff. Well when we can put all the processing power of today's super computers on the tip of a pin with such things, and when we can put the equivalent of the processing power of a human mind in the space and size of a marble, then things can really get started.

We can even create some highly advanced lifeforms something like a cyborg, a blend of biology and machine into one single self sustaining entity, and also some powerful and spiffy gadgets as well since people like such things, it would also then be possible then to bring some more higher vibration entities into this dimension full on. Though that may not be a good ideas as a lot of them are some real assholes, but still it will be go time.

This can and will lead to many things, though not all of them what people would term good but there has never been nothing in this existence that is one thing only, all of the creations and inventions have in some capacity been used for both good and bad and everything in between all through out history. So we shall see.

But in all cool stuff.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
After reading this thread.
It has put this video I watched a couple of years ago in a whole new light. It get's very interesting @ 1:45

edit on 22-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If we (current humans) wanted to keep record of history, what better way to keep the history safe then in our DNA. And I have no idea how DNA works, but if say, i had DNA information in my DNA. And i had a baby, would that DNA transfer to that baby? and so on? If so, this sounds to be a method of information storing far beyond, anyones imagination. That could last hundreds, thousand, even million of years.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
oh wow more ammo for creationism....darwin keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Creationism? More like a big simulation, a digital universe. God, programmer, it's all the same. Only the perspectives differ.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Sorry leolady, but when you do research, I suggest you READ all of the information in a given article. In fact the sentence that would come right after the "little snippet" you supplied is:

Energy dispersive spectroscopy showed that the crystals contained only the elements calcium, carbon, and oxygen

In other words, there is no DNA in these crytsals found in the pineal gland. An interesting article, but unfortunately DNA contains more than carbon and oxygen. If DNA were present, surely it would have shown in their research.
edit on 22-8-2012 by MikeDBZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Excellent post, OP!!!! I recall reading a book of fiction a while back, in which divine messages were encoded on DNA. Now life is catching up to fiction. A Bio-HDD with almost infinite storage space!!!! Awesome!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSceptic

I think I've read a similar book if not the same one

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

This is awesome.

First thing I thought of once he mention storing it in DNA within Amber was the Data Crystals from Stargate SG-1..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It was kind of current, scientist unravel some biblical code input into DNA, or something like that. I want to think it was called The Genesis Code.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable
That is truly amazing!!!

What if the encoded DNA could be sent along a beam of light? It could arrive to distant planets in a matter of days or years, and we would quickly be able to communicate with life in other Galaxies if they had similar technology!

And how, exactly, will DNA bypass the limit of light-speed?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeDBZ
reply to post by leolady

Sorry leolady, but when you do research, I suggest you READ all of the information in a given article. In fact the sentence that would come right after the "little snippet" you supplied is:

Energy dispersive spectroscopy showed that the crystals contained only the elements calcium, carbon, and oxygen

In other words, there is no DNA in these crytsals found in the pineal gland. An interesting article, but unfortunately DNA contains more than carbon and oxygen. If DNA were present, surely it would have shown in their research.
edit on 22-8-2012 by MikeDBZ because: (no reason given)

I'm actually not suggesting there is dna in them. I'm suggesting their are crystals already in the brain. I guess I should of been more clear. That the crystals present could already be available to preserve "junk" DNA.

Just Thoughts.
Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
nm
edit on 23-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Apleness
What they actually did was to store 700 terabytes of data into a single gram

Now you can actually record the entire humanity activity in video forever without running out of space, welcome Police State.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

If a book is "terabytes" for you, tell me how i fit 3000 complete books on my kindle? Hint: A 200 pages book is far, far less than a terabyte..

Its always great when we talk off our asses to sound smarter than the next guy on the internet isn't it ?
Read here:www.extremetech.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm absolutely stoked for this. The closer we get to Organic Computing, the closer we are.... to Sex Robots!

CAN I GET A HELL YEAH FOR SCIENCE?!?!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Take a look around you. Take a good look at the world, and what has been done to it. Are you STILL sure its a good idea?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'd like to know why everytime I find an interesting thread it's always authored by the same guy?!? With the exception of weather related themes, I have unintentionally clicked on three threads in a row that were done by Slayer.

Slayer, Thank you for the great research and enlightening information you always dig up. If you're not a scientist of some sort, especially an archeologist, then it's time for a career change.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I am sure someone has already addressed this, but how is this a viable storage medium? Mutations occur in DNA all the time... Evolution in a book would not occur properly, unless you somehow were able to select for correct words/sentences etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

This storage medium wouldn't evolve any more than you hard disk is capable if evolving. Again, this is "just" a novel way of storing data, not some "unlocking" of life's secrets as many posters in this thread would have it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Great thread, as always, Slayer.

Now my brain is about to explode in questions.... damn....

ignorance is a blessing, you know?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join