It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 page book converted into DNA by researchers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nice post!

I watched something on this a few years back and I just now thought about what I did back then.
Mind you I am bad at putting my thoughts into words because there are too many of them so Ill stickto basics
If dna is a storage device, then we must need a technology to activate or trigger it or a spiritual trigger that we have not learned to control yet.

Could go on to say that religions are trying to confuse our inner dna to not unlock if going towards the spiritual side of things.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
oh wow more ammo for creationism....darwin keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Nope, just you misunderstanding the article... or maybe you didn't bother reading it in the first place?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The whole ancient alien knowledge in our DNA line of thought is amusing, but it can't be tested because we don't know the alien's code was.
Even more interesting is to think that our DNA is already coded for something... life. It can't get much better than that.
Junk DNA containing hidden information... probable. It already serves an important purpose by protecting the important stuff so... idk.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

That is definitely a way to look at it and I am sure a large percentage would feel like you. I do think basic preservation instincts would kick in and direct general society away from extinction through mass suicide.

I would think many people would love life to an extreme, where - regardless of the purpose of existence, they would take drastic measures to ensure continuity of life on Earth.

Realizing the beliefs engrained into our psyche from birth are completely bogus, maybe another realization would become apparent - a realization that we can define our own reason for existence..

A self defined purpose for life could serve as a beacon for the population to invest their faith and transparently see the progress our civilization makes, in relation to the new purpose for existence, as 'time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping... into the future'

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What they actually did was to store 700 terabytes of data into a single gram

Now you can actually record the entire humanity activity in video forever without running out of space, welcome Police State.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

Well I suppose that's one way of looking at it

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Wouldn't it be strange to think that there is a massive amount of intelligent data encoded into our junk DNA?

For me, it is also interesting to speculate on the human body's ability to interact with such 'junk'

Maybe some of the things we hear about, but seem to far out to believe, are indeed fact.

Out of Body Experiences (OBE), Near Death Experiences (NDE), Psychic Phenomena, Hypnosis, Lucid Dreaming, Intelligence Breakthrough, and possibly Astral travel could be somehow related to this encoding and the body's interaction with it.

Could all information in the universe be encoded into our DNA, since all matter is believed to originate from the exact same point in space. If so, then we can probably access it somehow.

When an individual has an experience where they access what is called 'The Akashic Records', could it be possible that the individual is tapping into the universal answers encoded into our DNA? If so, then I would have to assume everyone has the ability to access this hall of records, but only a few know how.

Edgar Cayce would be my example for this. He seemed to tap in the Akashic, while in a trance like state, and would bring back answers from his journey.

Tapping into the seemingly infinite wisdom of Akasha could be the same thing as someone accessing and decoding information stored in our DNA, only with less mystery about what is happening.

Could we all have the proper tools to access this collection of Universal data, but only a few of us have the skills to control visits?

Every answer about our reality could be encoded into our DNA and learning how to access and decode the information would be akin to discovering the legendary 'Hall of Records'.

I remember recently reading about some of the things to watch for during end times... wasn't one of them the discovery of the 'Great Hall of Records'?

Maybe we have mis-interpreted what the 'Hall of Records' really are, similar to the theory of Noah's Ark. In this theory, the Ark could never support the capacity of live animals reported to have been present on the Ark.

It's been proposed the feat may have been accomplished if the Ark was no ordinary vessel, instead it was a DNA bank that stored the DNA of all creatures, male and female.

Instead of the 'Hall of Records' having a location somewhere on Earth, the 'Hall of Records' may be present in all of us and we may be on the brink of confirming this idea.

Jeez-O-Pete, another long post... sorry guys. I'm not really trying to write a book, I promise!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Well, I was thinking it would more than likely be called, 'The Rapture', instead of apocalypse.

Yes, I imagine it would be a good thing to spread our seed where ever a viable location is found. Whether on Earth, or other planets, working to perpetuate life in the Universe is something I do condone and I hope the majority of everyone else does too, otherwise we would be heading for exctinction.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, the idea of using DNA to encode data was really brought up on ATS about 6 months ago. It was a great thread that had a lot of contributors, including myself. We toyed with the idea of how life may encrypt data and also use error correction schemes to prevent accidental mutations.... Now.. we have proof that this was really a viable topic and look what science has done! Excellence.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Suddanly , I feel really small...

edit on 22-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So when someone says I can read you like a book... one day that will be reality?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How do you retrieve the data? That's the question. This could be break through to the other side. All of a sudden we recognize that this is one heck of a data storage system. All makes sense now. All we have to do is make it come alive.

I don't know. this seems really fantastic, perhaps hyped. I didn't read to far into it. But that they could store data this way and see it as data later is huge.

I don't know much about data storage systems that way. But I'm thinking it might be an improvement over what we got. and then...We've stumbled onto a more perfect system, a system that is the basis of Us. And we assume, that it must be pretty perfect. And we saw it. Damn. Ain't we smart. And you know where it goes from there. Pretty soon it's all Fu**ked up. And we wonder what part we didn't get right.

Any way this be quite a practical leap.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wonder what a life form would look like if its dna was encoded with nothing but the bible, then another encoded with the Harry Potter series.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ah so our"Junk Dna"isnt junk after all.If we knew how to access that could you imagine the possibilities?Great find,thanx SLAYER69 for the brain teaser.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It would seem they have been busy at Harvard breaking records on DNA Data Storage.. Here is a link with more info: www.extremetech.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Best thread av seen on ATS in a long time s & f thanks OP

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Maybe the "junk" dna is the "free memory space" that is there to record every single action, every choice, our every interaction with our environment in our life's span. And perhaps this record is used to slightly alter the genetics we pass on to our offspring. Then , of course, you can face one mirror into another and ask yourself if the ability to encode data onto a DNA molecule is altering the natural enivornment and this is part of your environment (soon), how will this be recorded into the "slightly altered" DNA that is passed down from one generation to the next? Chew on that one !
edit on 22-8-2012 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow, the doors this opens could be limitless for both good and bad.

It’s also worth noting that it’s possible to store data in the DNA of living cells — though only for a short time. Storing data in your skin would be a fantastic way of transferring data securely…

Link to Extreme Tech article.

The worlds history and libraries you can carry in your pocket.

No doubt any tool could be used for bad, but on the glass half full side, this has endless possibilities.

Is this our Tower of Babble though? Ejection from the Garden of Eden as we become as gods.

One of my first thoughts was is this a step towards man-made lifeforms?

The RNA world hypothesis proposes that self-replicating ribonucleic acid (RNA) molecules were precursors to current life based on deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), RNA and proteins. RNA is able both to store genetic information, like DNA, and to catalyze chemical reactions, like an enzyme protein. It may therefore have played a major step in the evolution of cellular life.[1]

The RNA world would have eventually been replaced by the DNA, RNA and protein world of today, likely through an intermediate stage of RNP enzymes such as the ribosome and ribozymes, since proteins large enough to self-fold and have useful activities would only have come about after RNA was available to catalyze peptide ligation or amino acid polymerization.[2] DNA is thought to have taken over the role of data storage due to its increased stability, while proteins, through a greater variety of monomers (amino acids), replaced RNA's role in specialized biocatalysis.

Wiki article on the RNA world hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Star and FLAG!! Awesome Correlation Between the Use of DNA as a Storage Facility by Our "Creator(s)" Possibly the Long Sought after "Galactic" Library" is in Our Junk DNA?! Love it!! I think you are Really on to Somthing with this Hypothesis.. Salute'!! '
('
')

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Anything is possible...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join