It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vs. Iran: On the Brink?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It is an unsound exegesis of the Bible which makes people feel good who are naturally of a belligerent mindset, where they get some sort of vicarious thrill with war, like normal people might get from cheering on their team at a football game.

Well put. I carry it one further. People have been trained via sports competition to be of a belligerent mindset from youth. Then it is easier to switch their focus from "harmless competition" to war. A closely fought sports competition incites the crowd to near riotous behavior, rooting for their team. A stadium full of insane fans screaming bloody murder, the winning and losing of it... the patriotism of mom, baseball and apple pie... the parades and flag waving at halftime. One of the biggest industries in the US (next to war). This is one of the breeding ground for patriotism that then can be used to go fight (real wars).

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

If Syrian Kurds ally themselves with Esad's regime , then the answer they will get from Turks will not be a nice one .
They are Syrians, after all, so isn't it natural for them to be "allied" with their country's government?

Esad is asking Syrian Kurds to support the terrorist organisation PKK ( Kurdish Workers Party ) .
That would be a rather significant bit of intelligence, if it were true. I doubt there is anything of the kind, otherwise it would be out there in the public. What Assad is doing is asking the Syrian Kurds to provide their own security for their region, considering how the army is a bit occupied at the moment dealing with so-called rebels.

PKK is acknowledged as a terrorists organisation by USA and EU too .
Nope, Turkey nominated them to the European terrorist list and apon review, was removed. The UN does not list them as terrorists either.

If , and this is a BIG if , Iraq and Syria divide into smaller nations and a Kurdistan proper comes into existence , Turks will be the first to acknowledge their country .
How much territory is Turkey willing to hand over to a greater Kurdistan?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by 23432

If Syrian Kurds ally themselves with Esad's regime , then the answer they will get from Turks will not be a nice one .
They are Syrians, after all, so isn't it natural for them to be "allied" with their country's government?

Under the normal circumstances , the answer is yes . These are extraordinary times for area concerned and there is no benefit for Kurds of Syria to side with Esad . After all what do they stand to get from Esad if he gets to stay in power ? More autonomous Kurdistan in Syria under Esad ? ha ha ha ==>

No , Kurds of Syria are looking up to Iraqi Kurdistan because out of all 4 Kurdistans , that is the only one to have some success and stability .
Who invest most heavily in Iraqi Kurdistan ? Turkish Businessmen .
Just follow the money .

Esad is asking Syrian Kurds to support the terrorist organisation PKK ( Kurdish Workers Party ) .
That would be a rather significant bit of intelligence, if it were true. I doubt there is anything of the kind, otherwise it would be out there in the public. What Assad is doing is asking the Syrian Kurds to provide their own security for their region, considering how the army is a bit occupied at the moment dealing with so-called rebels.

Esad is asking and Erdogan is on record about it .

PKK is acknowledged as a terrorists organisation by USA and EU too .

Nope, Turkey nominated them to the European terrorist list and apon review, was removed. The UN does not list them as terrorists either.

Well , I am not aware of such removal . If you are going to argue that PKK is not a terrorist organisation , then isn't this a bit of a bias position to take ?

If , and this is a BIG if , Iraq and Syria divide into smaller nations and a Kurdistan proper comes into existence , Turks will be the first to acknowledge their country .
How much territory is Turkey willing to hand over to a greater Kurdistan?

Have you ever checked the Ottoman Turkish maps ? Kurdistan is not a new entity for Turks . You actually think that these Turks and Kurds are not mixed much but that is not the reality .

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Starseek
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How is 'it' about re-establishing the Caliphate? Are you on this Earth to spread fear and division, or do you have some evidence (by evidence I don't mean the crazy mutterings of paranoid Westerners or Islamist terrorists)? And quoting the Koran won't be good enough either.

This is the year 2012. Look around. Who rules? Which countries are most powerful? Which countries most engage in military action?

Open your eyes.

Do you not find it odd that Sharia Law has just about taken over Europe and gaining a foothold in the U.S. and Canada? Who is conquering whom? If you can't defeat your enemies by strength of arms, you pretend to be friendly and a nonhostile subservient, move tons of your people in and breed like rabbits and soon you will have enough people to route the indigenous populations and gain control of their government by installing your own people using their own laws against them. I know this because it was done to my native american ancestors, the whites did it to us. Now the white people are the minority here and all but nothing remains of my people. This is how Islam conquered the M.E. and north Africa in the first place. There's 20 million muslim in th U.S. right now, if they all have 2 or more children they can triple that number in a decade. In 3 or 4 decades you can easily have 1/4 of the population if not more. If you cannot get them out, you breed them out, and that's exactly what is happening. Children born to a muslim father are born muslim, they get no choice and that's why muslim women are forbidden to marry a nonmuslim on pain of death, the children will be what the father is.

You are serious, aren't you? I feel sorry for you. Okay, let's start with this point: you state Sharia Law has'just about taken over Europe.' Lolololololol. Trust me, I'm in Europe and it hasn't....

Why would you say that? WHY? WHY?????????????

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Well , I am not aware of such removal . If you are going to argue that PKK is not a terrorist organisation , then isn't this a bit of a bias position to take ?

I've run across that over and over while reading articles having to do with Kurds in Turkey.
A simple Google search will come up with several news articles, like this one I just got

A top EU court's decision to annul the inclusion of the outlawed PKK on the terrorist organizations list drew harsh criticism from Turkey. Turkish Deputy PM Cemil Cicek said on Thursday the decision is "unacceptable" and “beginning of a crisis.”
Hurriet

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseek

Why would you say that? WHY? WHY?????????????

I would suggest it comes from hanging out with so-call messianic's who fill his head full of ideas about the necessity of a new Crusade to rid the earth of the "Muslim menace".

Generally, I believe there is a tendency by "normal" people to warn others of the danger of associating with cults and there is a reason for that, the above being a likely (in my opinion) example.
edit on 25-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by 23432

I've run across that over and over while reading articles having to do with Kurds in Turkey.
A simple Google search will come up with several news articles, like this one I just got

A top EU court's decision to annul the inclusion of the outlawed PKK on the terrorist organizations list drew harsh criticism from Turkey. Turkish Deputy PM Cemil Cicek said on Thursday the decision is "unacceptable" and “beginning of a crisis.”
Hurriet

This is from the same article you have posted to show that PKK has been removed from EU terrorist list .

But a European Union spokesman said the ruling would have no practical effect. The list has subsequently been updated several times which means the ruling by the court will have no immediate effect, he told AFP.

Turkish Foreign Ministry echoed a similar view. The Ministry said on Thursday PKK remained on the EU list of terrorist groups despite the ruling. "Our initial analysis of the ruling suggests that the court issued an opinion on whether the European Council's decision complied with the EU laws, not on whether the PKK/KONGRA-GEL is a terrorist organization," a ministry spokesman said in a written response to a question.

"Allegations that the group was removed from the EU list were untrue," the spokesman said

Do you actually think that the Turks are going to give up part of their country to Kurds and will get nothing in return ?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Do you actually think that the Turks are going to give up part of their country to Kurds and will get nothing in return ?
No I don't think Turkey is willing to give anything up since they seem to be motivated in a rather human sort of way to hold onto what they have. I find your rationalization for their behavior very suspect and am not inclined by your arguments to accept them as having a firm grounding in reality.
I am mainly disturbed by the obvious, at least to me, double standard when it comes to the cries of mistreatment "of their own people" between what Syria does and what Turkey does, and I see Syria way ahead in that comparison, being at least cognizant of the rights of the people in their jurisdiction, as in even recognizing them as actual citizens and not some foreign entity with the potential of harming the greater good of the dominant ethnicity.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You are serious, aren't you? I feel sorry for you. Okay, let's start with this point: you state Sharia Law has'just about taken over Europe.' Lolololololol. Trust me, I'm in Europe and it hasn't

You'll see why in a year or so.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You are serious, aren't you? I feel sorry for you. Okay, let's start with this point: you state Sharia Law has'just about taken over Europe.' Lolololololol. Trust me, I'm in Europe and it hasn't

You'll see why in a year or so.

Oh really ? In a year or so ? You xenophobics have been saying that Sharia Law will take over Europe "in a year or so" for the last 10 years. Percentage of Muslims in Europe is under 7%, not all Muslims want Sharia Law, so please tell me how can a group of people that make around 2 - 3 % of the total European population impose a law on the rest? Stop spreading fear and hate

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think something bad is getting ready to happen in a few weeks.

www.debka.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join