It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vs. Iran: On the Brink?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

Well this guy was on a major network show... I understand he can say anything he wants, but to say that many troops are hanging out on the border is a big exaggeration if its not true.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

I'm sure it's legit. Turkey isn't going to be playing around with this one.

-SAP-
edit on 21-8-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tonycodes

What you mean the media exagerate stuff to sell a story?

A quick search says Turkey has over 800,000 frontline infantrymen....one of the largest landforces in the world.
edit on 21-8-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Turkey is another US poodle. The Turkish people do not approve of Egrodans actions but since Egrodan is a US-UK-Israel sympathizer he will go along with the criminals.

Really?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Turkey PM storms off in Gaza row

Turkey's prime minister has stormed off the stage at the World Economic Forum in Davos after a heated debate on Gaza with Israel's president.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan clashed with Shimon Peres, whose voice had risen as he made an impassioned defence of Israel's actions, jabbing his finger.

www.haaretz.com...

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmed Davutoglu on Sunday condemned the plan proposed by Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, in which Israel should punish Turkey by supporting the terrorist organization PKK (Kurdistan Workers' Party).

"No one will be able to blackmail us," said Davutoglu during a press conference in Ankara. "We hope that Israel's denial [of supporting the PKK] will also be accompanied by actions."

www.economist.com...

RELATIONS between Israel and Turkey, already rocky, have worsened. On September 2nd the Turkish government formally expelled the Israeli ambassador who, as it happened, was back in Israel. Military links have been suspended. Turkey's prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is to go to Egypt—the first visit at such a level for 15 years—to sign new military and economic agreements. Mr Erdogan may even visit the Gaza Strip, which Israel continues to blockade since it is still governed by Hamas, the Islamist movement that officially rejects Israel's existence. That would be a real poke in Israel's eye.

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />

"We strongly condemn these inhumane practices of Israel," a written statement said.

"This deplorable incident, which took place in open seas and constitutes a fragrant breach of international law, may lead to irreparable consequences in our bilateral relations," it said.

Several of the ships were sailing under Turkish flags when they were attacked.

Ankara will demand an explanation of the incident from Israeli ambassador Gabby Levy, who was summoned to the foreign ministry, the statement said.

www.nytimes.com...

These days, there is a degree of openness in both Israel and Turkey to the idea of reconciliation. However, there are still tensions between the parties, especially because of recent Turkish indictments against senior Israelis involved in the June 2010 flotilla episode — during which Israeli commandos attempting to enforce the Gaza blockade boarded a Turkish vessel, leading to a melee in which nine Turks were killed and many others, including Israeli soldiers, were injured. A rapprochement will therefore probably require American mediation.

Ya, lap dog.

Don't let facts get in the way of your hate. I know those pesky facts can be an inconvenience.

The Turks will do what they feel is right to defend their nation.

Egrodan is making a major mistake and the city of Constantinople will be conquered.

You do know that Constantinople isn't the capitol right? Just checkin'.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Turkey is a formidable force. If they do go in, its over.

And from past history we also know that they are dirty genocidal maniacs...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Many countries have been. Going all the way back to the Romans and even before then...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by Juggernog

Turkey is a formidable force. If they do go in, its over.

And from past history we also know that they are dirty genocidal maniacs...

Like most old countries that used to have an empire...and the usa.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Here is a recent reason for Turkey to put an end to Syria's situation... BC they do not want a reason for the Turks to get out of hand too.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 21-8-2012 by tonycodes because: trying to get the link to work

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycodes

Here is a recent reason for Turkey to put an end to Syria's situation... BC they do not want a reason for the Turks to get out of hand too.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 21-8-2012 by tonycodes because: trying to get the link to work

"Page not found".

ETA: Never mind you corrected.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
War is coming

When I read that, all I could think of was Lord Of The Rings:

"Drums. Drums in the deep." - Gandalf The Grey

I'll certainly be watching this.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Another great Gandalf quote:

"The pieces are moving..." - Gandalf the White

ETA: So true in this case.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's not going to happen,put your action figures away guys

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

What draws you to that conclusion?

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
It's not going to happen,put your action figures away guys

I don't have action figures........

But I used to.

Really miss that GI Joe with Kung-Fu grip, and real fuzzy hair. I think he ended up on a roof top during a failed parachute test back in 1977 when I was eleven.......

But I digress....

sorry mods: back on topic. I can't find this in the main stream media

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew Turkey has had troops on the border with Syria for a while. I've never really liked Kudlow that much, but he did work in at least one Presidential administration. I still highly doubt he would be the one to break the news of Turkey getting involved in Syria. Turkish involvement beyond the already publicized troops near the border would flash around the world pretty quickly.

As one of it's neighboring states, Turkey has a definite interest in Syria.One could argue that no matter which side you believe, the MSM western media narrative, or the alternate Syrian state, RT, indie, conspiracy narrative, Turkey has a reason to get involved. If you believe the MSM narrative, Turkey would be protecting innocent people from a murderous regime. If you believe the other narrative, Turkey could easily move into areas to prevent "lawless rebels" from holding them since the Assad regime can obviously not.

I tend to believe that the MSM narrative is slightly closer to the truth than the alternate one,but readily admit that elements of it are most likely true: like rebel groups fighting each other and executing government troops and supporters.

I don't believe the situation can go on like this much longer. There is evidence that fighting has spread into Lebanon. It is a full blown civil war now and I don't seeing it ending in reconciliation. There are some intriguing questions about what Turkey will do. I imagine that they would prefer to act as part of a NATO or US-Coalition if possible, but what will they do if the US or European NATO cannot come to a conscensus? Would or could Turkey go it alone or with other regional powers like Saudi Arabia? Turkey has one of the larger armies in NATO, and is oft discounted when people talk about Military power in the Middle East and always mention the US, Israel, Egypt, and Iran; but Turkey is probably the strongest in the region.

I'm sure there were plenty of people holding their breath after the Syrian shootdown of that Turkish plane a few weeks ago. I did for a little while. To many incidents like that and Turkey can't not get involved.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

could be nothing. there are always tens of thousands of troops on turkeys southern border. They have to deal with Kurds and Southern Kurdistan, as well as Western Iraq.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well holy #, that guy sounded freaked out to the max...

If what he said is true, then the future looks grim for us all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Because it simply isn't true

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Egrodan is making a major mistake and the city of Constantinople will be conquered.

You do know that Constantinople isn't the capitol right? Just checkin'.

He never said anything about a capital city...

Constantinople (or Istanbul) is a major city with a great history. Constantinople has played a major part in Turkey's history and its erection even influenced some of the religious beliefs today.

Conquering Constantinople would be equal to kicking Turkey where it hurts

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I know what he said but generally, when you talk about a country falling, the city that is most important is the capital no?

And I suppose we should be calling it Istanbul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join