It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough Earth, How much time do we have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

How about when they reach 40 we put them asleep? Only those between 18 and 25 get to push the plunger. Of course putting them asleep would require a large amount of chemicals that the younger ones might also need. Shooting them requires bullets that the ones still living will need for war. I guess we could just do as you suggest, and just refuse to give medical treatment to the old. Well unless the old are rich and powerful. Lets just not give medical treatment to the poor. Heck lets not stop with the aged poor. Most poor contribute little to society. So lets just get rid of everyone that is not rich and powerful...Sounds like a few organizations that I have read about on here...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Did i say kill innocent people as your implying?

No...

I would rather die than be a vegetable, not knowing who my family or friends are. Not able to go to the bathroom without someone elses help. Laying in a bed getting sponge baths. If that sounds jolly to you go ahead. I would rather die on my own terms.

If i could i would rid this planet of all technology as in a few centuries there is going to be no one able to use it if we keep doing what we keep doing. Look at whats happening. Since the industrial revolution we have been on a spiral downhill in what 2, 300 years? We as a species has survived for THOUSANDS of years and we throw it away in only 1% of that time.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Do you know how man has survived many disasters and earth changes, brought to the brink and back to greatness?

Together man, we did it together.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
This next video show ancient man meeting modern man. Which one do you think is more advanced?

They are both modern men. The white man comes from a backwards world of death, disease and destruction. When and if the world renews itself it is these people that will survive, mind you they will tell stories of white aliens visiting them.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

The women seem more relaxed in the encounter than the men. Maybe there is a message there.

But the truth be told, we all come from a backwards world of death, disease and destruction. These people just have a simplier way of life. But they are no stranger to it.

I've always argued that war is ALWAYS about resources. The leadership of whatever clan, tribe or nation will use religion, ideology or race to spin it so that they have their way. So they can take what they want...at will. That is the way history has always played out.

It'll take a alien invasion to get humans to band together as a people and even that would be short lived.

But somehow, I think that the human race will survive, albeit, in smaller numbers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Time to stop thinking about how much time is left.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The problem is not population. It is not resources.

The problem lies in allocation of resources and how those resources are used.

Here is an example...

We take 40% of the corn produced in the USA to manufacture ethanol. The ethanol produced supplies only about 2% of the country's energy needs. Think about it... we use 40% of a food source to produce 2% of a fuel need. That is insanity!

Another point... speaking only of the USA, there is plenty of room for the expansion of peoples, homes, and food production. About 7 years ago, my wife and I rode across country up to Montana, Idaho, Wyoming...

Once we got to St. Louis we took only secondary roads so we could see America.

Folks, America is huge. Out west, you can ride for an hour at 65mph and not see a mailbox, a house, a store...nada. And once you do, you can ride another hour before you see the next one. Out on the plains and rolling foot hills of the Rockies, you can look down and out and see only the distant glimmer of a barn roof, shinning like a beacon from miles away... and nothing else.

One of the most incredible sights I ever saw was driving across Nebraska and we went over a hill and there was nothing but corn from horizon to horizon... no house, no tree, nothing but corn... it was like the planet of corn. I wondered how could anyone be hungry with this much corn?

The same could be seen in Kansas or Iowa or Oklahoma... beans or wheat that went on forever. It is not a shortage, but the allocation and use that is killing us.

I love a good steak or hamburger as much as anybody... same with pork chops and BBQ... but they take in more protein and resources to raise until slaughter than they produce per pound. Why is meat so expensive? Those animals are raised on corn in feed lots and "food factories" and the farmers that feed them are competing for the same field corn that is used to make ethanol.

That means less corn for people to eat... which means hunger for many.

It is not a shortage of land or resources, just a misallocation that produces shortages in key areas.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
there is enough land in australia to give every man woman and child alive today a quater of an acre each an still have half of queensland to graze so the planet is not over populated the citys are. there is plenty of room we just need to change our energy needs.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I see so much truth in your perception. A lot of small farms is better than the big farms out there,we need to make it possible for a small farmer to survive and have a reasonable life. Farmers shouldn't be slaves to society. Our young should be taught in school to respect all farmers contributions to society. Kids should not be taught that organizations like Monsanto's are necessary for our survival. I am not a farmer but have a lot of respect for a person who tries to grow good food and livestock for the community they live in. These small farmers used to be the backbone of America and they still are. It's nice to see their numbers increasing again. Without a backbone America was a spineless creature.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The Earth isn't overpopulated, actually the opposite is happening. 1/3rd of America will be dead soon as the Baby Boomers and older than them die off over the next couple years. Every other country shares the same fate.

Everybody moved factories to China/India to let them kill themselves off as well with pollution in their greed. Chinas got an explosion of obesity/diabetes from dioxins....pollution. They too are soon going to have a mass die off.

Why do you think Obamas been giving +1 million foreigners new US citizenship every year? We need new DNA to mix into the pool.....that's why we have illegal alien sanctuaries as well. We've destroyed our DNA. Russia too...which is why they brought in all those women and dropped their heavily polluted areas....for the time being.

It's also part of the reason Europe brought in all those Muslims.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join