It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Curiosity Captured UFO Images On Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Has Curiosity Captured UFO Images On Mars? (You Get One Guess)
Jesus Diaz
Ufologists are running amok after 'discovering flying saucers' in the last images from Mars Curiosity. It hasn't been the first time and it will not be the last—the guys with the tinfoil hats are scrutinizing every single image uploaded by the rover.

In fact, they are scrutinizing them pixel by pixel. Literally. Take a look at the video above. According to the author:
Four objects caught by Mars Curiosity, very difficult to make out on original image so I have used a few filters to highlight. What are these four objects? UFOs, Dust particles, or something else? As always you decide.

Thread title from Gizmodo article.

Personally I think it's just image artifacts. Many digital images have image artifacts (especially ones sent millions of miles through space) and the guy went to extreme photoshop enhancements to get these images.

I like the finger and the coin others ASTers found in the Gigapan image our fellow ATS member impaired made better.

But here's the video from the Gizmodo article imbedded here complete with cheezy music, which always makes a UFO video seem more credible, right?:

edit on 21-8-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Has Curiosity Captured UFO Images On Mars? (You Get One Guess)
Jesus Diaz
Ufologists are running amok after 'discovering flying saucers' in the last images from Mars Curiosity. It hasn't been the first time and it will not be the last—the guys with the tinfoil hats are scrutinizing every single image uploaded by the rover.

In fact, they are scrutinizing them pixel by pixel. Literally. Take a look at the video above. According to the author:
Four objects caught by Mars Curiosity, very difficult to make out on original image so I have used a few filters to highlight. What are these four objects? UFOs, Dust particles, or something else? As always you decide.

Thread title from Gizmodo article.

Personally I think it's just image artifacts. Many digital images have image artifacts (especially ones sent millions of miles through space) and the guy went to extreme photoshop enhancements to get these images.

I like the finger and the coin others ASTers found in the Gigapan image our fellow ATS member impaired made better.

But here's the video from the Gizmodo article imbedded here complete with cheezy music, which always makes a UFO video seem more credible, right?:

edit on 21-8-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

LOL those are my "dots" I found them first Hahahahaha Then they became "bad pixels". Hahahahahaha

Mars photo with 3 orbs - or are they just birds flying in the distance? LOL
edit on 21-8-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

One of the first of 1,000s of UFO Mars videos to come......I think it's artifacts.

News like this hit the Huffington Posts today too....

Talk Of UFOs On Mars Sparked By Curious Photos From Curiosity Rover

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Posted: 08/21/2012 11:21 am Updated: 08/21/2012 11:28 am

As every new photo from Curiosity comes in, there will be a bevy of videos assuring us that a UFO has been captured on film. Then there will be the accompanying threads claiming NASA coverup of the truth. It's gonna be a long winter, methinks...

Des

edit on 21-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Funny, those "UFOs" show up in the same location in all of the images. Like this one:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Not too hard to figure out.
BTW, ADG is a hoaxer.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Even if it was not a hoax the effects he applied create an embossing effect which make the dots appear 3D.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Anyone notice a more pronounced blue tinted sky to

the new rover pix ? I know the current crop of photos show a red

tinted atmosphere - assuming that's dust being kicked up.

Reminds me of this photo from

another ATS thread posted here.

Here's a beautiful Mars sunset for you too, courtesy of NASA.
edit on 8/21/2012 by drphilxr because: one more thing

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I dont know, I dont see enough to make that claim.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If it is a hoax, then case solved, what would have helped is if these images were videos of moving objects, just plain static blobs can barely prove this is a flying object at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Problem is there not on Mars. They're in Area 51 doing that filming hoax.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
If it is a hoax, then case solved, what would have helped is if these images were videos of moving objects, just plain static blobs can barely prove this is a flying object at all.

In fact, considering that these spots show up in the exact same location on the image frame on multiple Left MastCam images (all taken at different times), it is clear that the objects are not moving at all.

They are definitely something to do with the camera, most likely something on the lens.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
so both cameras have a similar sized dust particle at exact position on lens?

possible i guess.

They could be sateliites in orbit around mars.

We arent ALWAYS told what tech various governments and private companies put into space..

But bottom line till they are identified they are actually classed UFO

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin
so both cameras have a similar sized dust particle at exact position on lens?

What do you mean "both" cameras. The OP image is taken by the Left MastCam, and the other images showing "dust" (or something) in the same part of the image frame were also Left MastCam images.

...or are you talking about other images?

edit on 8/22/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
One of the first of 1,000s of UFO Mars videos to come......I think it's artifacts.

You mean they found Buried Treasure? YAY!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

A star for you sir. You made me spray my beer!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is better..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve
This is better..

Well...but the problem is that is a still image and not a video. This is the single still-image taken a few seconds after landing -- when the dust cloud from the crash of the sky-crane was still visible.

If someone is claiming it is a video, then they are either mistaken, or they are lying to you.

edit on 8/22/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: formatting

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticTwelve

Is there a thread about this moving object??
Because I could not find any.

And this one is closed and referring to this thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22.8.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A link was posted which if followed will tell you what this was. That was on page two I believe. Does anyone at all read a thread before posting?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77
reply to post by MajesticTwelve

Is there a thread about this moving object??
Because I could not find any.

And this one is closed and referring to this thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22.8.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

I think someone dun goofed!

ooh ooh ooh; chinese lantern!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join