It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is well past time for a Government coup. They have lost their fear of the people and need a remi

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by Terminal1
Ya know I think a person would have to lead a pretty boring life if one didn't find his or her name on some list somewhere.

But to sit here and think that everyone in the "civilized" world has a folder or file on them somewhere is a sobering thought.

I don't think I'm on a list and I'm certainly not boring. I'm a peaceful citizen and I don't fear my government. I don't "fear" easily, and the few times that I've felt afraid were due to personal safety and not my liberties... I consider myself a fairly liberal person as well. I don't mind anyone owning guns and I think personal responsibility is important. You make a choice, you accept those consequences.

The government is not out to get YOU personally.

LIES!!

You are on MY list now...

>.>

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Simply put. When people fear the government, you have tyranny. When government fears the people, you have liberty. As for me, give liberty or give me death.

Who among you feels they have been well served by the government and their banker friends?

You know the real problem might be that only a few people in government are forced to change their jobs every 4 years. It used to be that the House of Representatives were elected, but the Senate was appointed, then they changed the rule and required the Senate to also be elected, that helped things a long way.

But, the vast majority of government employees are still there after the 4 years are up. There should be a law that limits the term of anyone working for government to a maximum of 2 terms of 4 years each. That would mean every government official and employee would have to work in the private sector for some part of his career life and would therefore have to consider the impact on the private sector of his actions while in government.

There would be no long term government officials doing things to protect their power and position, so all the crap would cease, and the people would really get a proper working government.

Vote for term limits for every government employee, and all these problems would be solved.

Just changing the guy at the top is totally ineffective. They should all be changed.

edit on 23-8-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by GreatOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Throughout history, people have overthrown their governments. Back in our humble beginnings, being elected was viewed as civil service; You served your term, then resumed your life. Career politicians have destroyed this country! The longer a boss holds his or her position, the more entrenched in power they become. It needs to end now!

It is long overdue that the people of the United States stand up to what has been happening for many years. A decent human being would wish for a non-violent solution, as I would. However, the powers to be have demonstrated their brashness, which makes me believe they would crush any uprising with every bit of firepower they have.

The sadest part of the present state of this country, is that the younger generation don't see a problem-manipulate,lie,steal,deceive, fight just to make it day by day; they do not know any better. If it was'nt intended, it sure would be the greatest coincidence I have ever witnessed. The media is biased, propaganda is constantly thrown at us everyday,and people systematically divided by race, and social status. It is almost impossible to unite such a divided society.

I fear the aftermath more than I fear an uprising in itself. As with the occupy movement, there was no leader, or central figure. After a successful uprising, it could very easily turn into a free for all-an epic civil war.

Given all of the elements, I think that is where most of the fear to act comes from- not the government it's self.

When the citizens of this country are ready to die for it, as our soldiers have- a revolution would be conceivable
Until then, good luck to all of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

g,day. yep an aussie and i would like to buy into this.... roger that. your reply mate. .plus, the original post quotes BENJAMIN FRANKLIN. please correct if i am wrong. but, i am pretty sure that, HE DID, and that I AM, so why no recognition of the origin of the quote. WE could all do with a refresher of FRANKLINS quotes and G. WASHINGTON,s prayers. WHY, i once read a quote, the origin of which escapes me. MAN MUST BE GOVERNED BY GOD OR HE WILL BE RULED BY TYRANTS.... question... where do our countries and our once much lauded personal freedoms stand today,.
edit on 23-8-2012 by pronto because: left the friggin l out of personal

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What are you trying to bait me into saying? What does your manual say that you should do in this circumstance? You and Michaelbrux should team up and do the bad cop/bad cop routine.
edit on 8-24-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for genuine cajun flavor.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

Star! Politicians are like diapers. And they should be changed frequently for the same reasons.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It is really sad to have to implement term limits, that just tells me all i need, or want to know about human nature.

But if they didn't have all of that money then they wouldn't be up to all of the power mad dealings.

If we can pass laws to stop derivatives being made at the stock exchange, then it might also stop in politics as well.
edit on 27-8-2012 by poopadoopoulis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Did some one say bump?

There is a good way to determine if the case in point, is still relevant.
Despite its debated accuracy, it is the sentiment of those words in essence, that are of value;

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Status: We have not found any evidence that Thomas Jefferson said or wrote, "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny," or any of its listed variations.

Comments: One source attributes this quotation to Thomas Jefferson in The Federalist.[4] The Federalist, however, was the work of Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison; it also does not contain the text of this quotation. This quotation is vaguely similar to Jefferson's comment in an 1825 letter to William Short: "Some are whigs, liberals, democrats, call them what you please. Others are tories, serviles, aristocrats, &c. The latter fear the people, and wish to transfer all power to the higher classes of society; the former consider the people as the safest depository of power in the last resort; they cherish them therefore, and wish to leave in them all the powers to the exercise of which they are competent."

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: double posted...

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join