It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is well past time for a Government coup. They have lost their fear of the people and need a remi

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Star! For the first 8 years of school, I wore home made clothes. In second grade I rode my bike five miles to and from school every day. I had two paper routes in jr high. I agree that kids today are spoiled. It makes me sick to see them flash mob a store and rob it blind. It wasn't the baby boomer generation who grew up having things handed to them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Star! All true, but you forgot the part where the government needed cannon fodder for wars and guinea pigs for their experiments. I swear they just need us to be revenue generating taxpayers and nothing else matters.

I don't often listen to Metallica, but when I do, Nothing Else Matters.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

No star! You did not understand a single point made in this thread. Thanks for not trying.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Star! Thanks for making a valuable contribution to this thread. I agree with everything you wrote except I do not subscribe to the last days scenario. I think all prophecy is open ended. Otherwise we are only actors in a play devoid of free will.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Star! He is not making a threat. He is just being his usually abrasive self important self.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Hell yea we need to get violent. This is up to the new generation though, everyone now a days are too scared/sissy. They'd rather have their nice tv show and wife to come home to.

The last thing our government wants is humans dedicating their useless lives to useful actions like destroying/sabotaging and over throwing the current law structure. All we have to do is prove we cant be controlled.
No voting, taxes, fast food, television, etc.

REVOLUTION. (again tho america is too woosy, OMG DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES IS ON!!!!!)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

But I don't fear the government. Sure I think they're terrible at their jobs of representing the people, but I'm not in fear of them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
instead of a coup, people need to watch their leaders in the government, listen to the speeches (not just sound bites), look up their voting records, see their attendance records, read up on the constitution, and look up state laws.

when we find people who don't truly represent us, we vote them out and put in people who do. it doesn't matter what political party they belong to. what matters is that they represent you and your interests. that they show up to work. that they really care about the people who put their trust in an elected official.

i never vote party lines.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
instead of a coup, people need to watch their leaders in the government, listen to the speeches (not just sound bites), look up their voting records, see their attendance records, read up on the constitution, and look up state laws.

when we find people who don't truly represent us, we vote them out and put in people who do. it doesn't matter what political party they belong to. what matters is that they represent you and your interests. that they show up to work. that they really care about the people who put their trust in an elected official.

-subfab

Outstanding advice.

Learn the facts and rally to get them out. It's odd that people are ready to go into armed revolt before using due process.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by hawkiye

If people quit using the banks and credit systems, that would be a good start. I have no personal accounts with banks or credit unions, just my corporate accounts. I have no credit cards, no debts and no mortgage (which in French basically means death contract). I only purchase insurnace that I absolutely have to have due to "laws."

A better method of stopping all this crap is to STOP PAYING TAXES as well as stop paying banks. We have to starve the beast. Actually, cut back on everything you buy, become more frugal and attentive to what you spend your "money" (debt slave wages) on and where. Lowering your volumes of purchases, means lowering tax income for the government. And excise/sin taxes are excessive and obscene, so if you can cut down on smoking, drinking alcohol or using gasoline/diesel, even better. A huge amount of tax receipts come from the purchase of these products. If everyone cuts back for 30 days by 50%, the government would certainly notice the trend, their corporate masters would tell them. If everyone could do this for 60 to 90 days, the entire house of cards would come down.

From an economic standpoint, that being supply and demand, logically prices should fall as demand decreases, which again means lower tax income for the government and real money deflation (money becomes worth more) for the people. The stock market will hopefully tank losing probably 50 to 75% of its value. Unfortunately in order to change the system, the system has to be destroyed. Unwittingly, people/consumers control the system almost robotically through advert steering and peer pressure. The people/consumers must become pro-active because those who control a thing, can destroy a thing (or at least fix it) just as "those who can destroy a thing, control a thing" paraphrased from Paul Muab-dib in Dune by Frank Herbert.

The problems are everywhere, the whole world needs to become pro-active against these corporate parasites and criminal career politicians. I don't advocate anarchy or violence and this seems to me to be the best non-violent way to push an agenda for real change. BTW, I am aware that I'm already on the list in at least four countries or colonies that I know of (which is typical for some forms of former military), through FOIA requests on myself. We are all on at least one list that I would presume is going to be used for nefarious control purposes.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

Star for you.

These sort of threads make me put on a sad face because it makes me realize how far down the rabbit hole we are. Violent revolution is so 20th century in reality. The "coup de grace" was given decades ago and The People are so far behind in the game, dazed, confused and just now starting to wake up (whatever that is supposed to mean). Most have a skill set that are just totally useless in a "self sufficient" world, which we are so far removed from right now.

I agree with the way you hurt those in the higher echelons of society is where they have the most power. Your debt to them. If you live debt free you can really beat their game. There are other ways to do it too and once you realize just a few simple things can simplify your whole life in profound ways and at the same time plan for the future but not be such a slave to the system. You are right, people through peer pressures like "keeping up with the Jones" people just mindlessly purchase products they don't need and if anyone just gave it 5 minutes of true uninterrupted thought they would see the end result of unbridled consumerism. But that is so ingrained in society we have soccer moms thinking she is saving the world by buying paper towels made with biodegradable paper. Men that will actually run away from a gun whose only hunting is going to the steakhouse for his kill. Teens that would rather text to each other with a PHONE who thinks Chicken McNuggets are the awsum foodz! Millions having absolutely no skill that is useful if the power to go out.

I don't pretend to know the answer but as someone else in the thread said earlier, you just can't fix a corrupt system with a corrupt system. Your vote doesn't really matter because no matter what, they win gaining a step or two more on the lagging behind people. I personally think we are doomed. In 200 years we will be all THX-1138s and in 1000? Pfft... there won't be anyone around to dig us up and wonder what a magnificent race we could have been.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

-subfab

No offense meant but I've heard all this stuff before. Society will never be utopian and anyone who thinks we can is just kidding themselves. There was never a good time to be politicians and this nation has been under assault since before its inception. There were never "good times" for everyone and there never will.

My point being that it doesn't matter who you vote in. Whoever you vote in will be subject to an internal heirarchy that is much older and wiser to politics than the newbie you just installed. You can watch him all you want but he will not have a voice till he is told by internal politics he has a voice. Look at Paul Ryan for example. A lot of people look up to him but what has he actually done in 13 years? Be honest...

Face it... the system is much too corrupt for the vote to work and by the time the people "correct" the issues they may have, 2, 4 or 6 years have passed and we find ourselves further behind. The people can't even agree. It doesn't matter anymore WHO to vote in because it is so divided and if one half wins will only piss off the other half.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

This is a real complicated issue. I think we all feel that our government is cruising for a bruising. But how do we get there? Is there blood? If so, how much blood? You know, blood has a way of it's own. I hesitate to say this as it may draw attention my way as person of some suspect. Tactics against a foe as powerful as that of the United States have limited options. Oh gorilla warfare served it's purpose in it' s day. But I'm afraid it's a losing effort. How to proceed? And is warfare the most desirable opposition? May be a better plan. Although violence does seem to draw attention.

I think, fellow Americans, we need to use the power still available from our free democratic elections to make a real statement. It may be our last opportunity for this process to make a real statement. We could say "Everybody vote for this man to show them we're on to em, and we mean business.". And if we did, the overwhelming numbers might scare them. I also know that this vote for my man proposition ain't got a snowballs chance. So I propose an alternative, overwhelming numbers action. Just vote. This is easy. Your man, you vote for him. A 90% voter turn out. would absolutely be a tremendous event. No blood. No hassel. No mess. It might even shake up the existing order.

Should there be a lack of a large participation of the general population of this type, and the scheme is a failure, spontaneous street violence could eventually become more common. But a resistance? I'm thinking this would arise in the cities, and initially involve criminal gangs, and members of street law enforcement. There exist an antagonistic relationship here already and coordinated retaliation against authority, may begin here. A regular feud, spreading out across the countryside. Grab your gun get on board. But watch out for the tanks and drones. All of a sudden I'm felling like that guy on television, being chased by the LAPD on the freeway.

I think we need a big voter turn out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I may not be adding a whole lot to the thread, but these few points are more just things I've noticed:

From what I've seen people say over the internet, there is a growing number of gun-toting people ready for a bloody revolution. The other half of the gun camp that is worried about stuff they see in the news is mostly the type of "Let them try to pry it from my hands." The thing is though, I don't think anyone is really going to do anything until it is too late. The people who say they are ready to die for freedom say that they're waiting for it to get started. They don't want to do something stupid without others behind them. They view the whole thing as a waiting game.

That brings me to my next point: is anyone even ready or does anyone really want it? As awesome as it may sound to some to mow down a bunch of cops, it isn't going to be like a movie. You aren't guaranteed to win, and you aren't even guaranteed to live. There are so many unknowns of what could happen, and what the military still has up its sleeves that it hasn't revealed. I believe the general rule is that the military's technology is 40 years ahead of what the civilians get. Besides the technology difference, any successful revolution would depend on a significant portion of the army defecting.

Beyond that, are you ready for one? A revolution, again, is not a movie or a game. It's real, it's cold, it's long and it's bloody. You'd be giving up your comforts and your life. Once it has been started, it can't be undone. It's not a game; there's no extra lives, cheat codes for invincibility and ammunition, or happy ending for everyone. You can't back out once it has been started. It would mean a drastic change of life.

Most importantly, people talk as if it were no big deal. It is a VERY big deal, as I've tried to say above. However, if people are actually going to start a revolution, it takes planning and supplies. A group of 10 guys isn't going to topple a whole government. And while you're out there fighting, the very same government is going to vilify you. They are going to try to make others hate you, and they're going to try to dismantle your cause. You can't do it with a weak heart or mind. You have to have a mission and you have to have communication. You can't rely on any one form of media either.

In the case of a revolution, martial law would be declared. The government already has the right to take supplies, land, communication systems, and food in case of a national emergency. They even have the right to move entire populations and put them to work forcibly if needed. The government would crank up production double time to fight an internal threat to insure continuity of government. What supplies do you have? You would have to be self-reliant, and even then, you'd have to protect your crops from those wishing to pilfer them.

It would be a painful wake up call for many in the US to see that a revolution was underway. People would panic, and cause mayhem besides the government and revolutionaries. Again, the only way to spread information would most likely be through word of mouth. It would take dedication and a strong resolve to win a war like this. It would be long, and it would be bloody. Again, ask yourselves, is this truly what you want?

I'll end my rant with this: If a revolution is really what you want, even after all that, it's not going to be over quick. As strong as that feeling in my bones is that something bad is about to happen, I still believe there is hope for us, and that we can pull together as a nation and stop the out-of-control-government, without resorting to violence. Before we let it get to that, we should instead refocus all our efforts to change the system with the protocols still in place. As defunct as many of them are, if enough of us work to change the system, we could do it without a single drop of blood being spilled. However, it would take many of us, and it would take a movement not unlike the civil rights movement. We will need leaders and people to guide and encourage us. And we need ourselves not to be afraid of what they will do to us. Many of the civil rights participants spent time in prison. We need not be afraid of things like that. They can crush your body, but they can't crush your spirit unless you allow them too. However, just like Anonymous, the ideals of liberty and freedom can't be crushed, as you can't get rid of an idea. So, ultimately, I suggest you keep your mind open and your powder dry, as the next several years are going to be interesting. Don't forget to question everything that comes before you. Knowledge is power.

Edit: Just realized the guy above me posted something similar, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this idea.
edit on 8/22/2012 by Inde97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm getting really REALLY PI$$ED off about this all. Forgive me because I haven't had time to read hardly any of your posts because I have somewhere to be. But in Auburn, WA on Mondays and Wednesdays the Regional Justice Center holds court for all those sad folks that MUST attend or else get a warrant. I've been thinking about printing out flyers and passing them along to EVERY SINGLE person going into court describing our country, how it WAS a REPUBLIC, is now a CAPITALISTOCRACY, gets a majority of funds from "CRIMINALS" and the "PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX", and that our country was NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE RAN BY ONLY TWO PARTIES. I'm sure these people will be just pissed off enough to actually read it while they're waiting for their turn in court to listen and be completely respectful to some guy they don't know in a black robe that can decide their fate.

Also since I live in WA I promote the NW succesionist movement. Not the white supremacist successionists but I support the founding of the country of CASCADIA. If we must include white supremacists to use as cannon fodder since they have a trained militia I would support that though. Plus I have plenty of friends in the National Guard, and I know they would fight for the State of Washington, not the States of Amerika.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Getting involved is the only way to stop this madness. Anything you can do to do your part, the better.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

edit on 22-8-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

they cant make all of us "disapear". if enough of us SAY IT, then someone might come to a logical conclusion on how to pull it off. right now, the timing is not right. the timing has to be right and under the right circumstances. plus there that whole " window of opportunity" which hasnt happened yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Because your weak

Your divided into groups taught to be suspicious of the other
Separated by technology where your digital friends and contacts are scattered far and wide, unable to unite, rather than close and interactive in person.
Kept this way through fear to go out, and financially confined.
Because your dependent on them and growing more dependent
Your afraid of the Inevitable collapse of the structure they have put in place that benefits you

Your intentionally kept this way

Because you fear to be the first and lead the way, for lack of support as is usually the case, see point above

Because you have hope that things must get better, someone else will come to lead the way

And because you have have faith in your fellow man,
how could they really do this ?
How could anyone do this ?
They must be doing it for a reason !.......... A good reason

And this is the one that's a biggie for me .......
These people and organisations are thinking decades even generations down the line ?

Now even if the most horrific conspiracy theories are true such as population control and GM,
Could there be a good reason ?
Is the current generation more important than the survival of our species 2-300 years down the line ?

An extreme example I know - but gets the point across

edit on 21-8-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

You may have good intentions and you may even be right, but seriously, if you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", it is really hard for anybody with any kind of education to take you seriously. Personally, when I see grammatical and spelling errors, I move on.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The problem, as I see it, is that the government we have, is the government we put in place, either by ignorance of the issues and candidates or failure to get involved in choosing the people that run the government. IF there is going to be a revolution, it should start with the revolution of knowledge, and war against apathy. When over the last sixty years, the average turnout in federal non-Presidential election years averages around 36%, it's hard to complain about what we have in Congress. Even in the Presidential years, the average turnout of eligible voters is somewhere in the mid 50's, with a low of 49.1% in 1996 and a high of 63.1% in 1960 when JFK was running. Considering that most elections are won by a few percentage points on average, it is easy to see how a larger turnout could have changed the results. In addition, so few people participate in the primaries that decide the candidates, that the few dedicated stalwarts end up choosing who we are given the chance to vote for, or against.
Take a look at this link, which gives the federal turnouts from 1960 through 2010. Notice that in the 1960's, the Presidential election turnouts were all above 60%, and since then the turnout has never gone above the mid 50's, at best.
www.infoplease.com...

Furthermore, in most cases, those the do the most talking about revolution, are the last to act, while if there are those that are planning to act against the government, and I believe there are, there are not talking about that in public.
Just my observations.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by USpatriot
I'll be 52 in two more days and I can honestly say that I dont recognize this country anymore. When you have a government that can lock you up for saying anything against them, then you are not free. Since King Obama came to power, we have had the 1st, 4th, and fifth amendment stripped away with the NDAA. It started with Bush, 911, and the Patriot Act, but has really gotten bad with our current Dictator.

It's way past time for the people to take their country back. Most believe that electing Romney will take it back. Romney is the opposite side of the same coin as Obama, and if he gets elected they will bitch about him for the next four years.

I have a feeling that something huge is coming our way. Everyone feels it. Nobody knows what it is though. We will all find out soon though I do believe.

IMO, I dont think Obama is going to give up his office, even if he loses. They have something planned. Only they know what is about to happen and all we can do is watch and be prepared for whatever they might have in store for us.

The people will have their country back, and I for one hope that it is sooner rather than later.

I hate this BS about people having a 'feeling' that something is coming. People have had this feeling for a long time but nothing has come, be it a revolution or aliens. Nothing ever comes. We have to make it come ourselves.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join