It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Man Sent to Psych Ward for "Religious Beliefs"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by FearYourMind

My question to all this would be, how can you call yourself a Christian and own GUNS?

Christian gun owners of America, be forewarned.

Be forewarned of what?
I'm finding a lot of post that could be deemed as threats by someone taking them out of context.

There is a big difference in protecting oneself and murder.
Offense and defence

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
seems the lesson learned from this and the Raub story are dont open your door for police officers unless they have a warrant, talk to them through the door or not at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's a day of disturbing stories as I wander around the pages in the forums.

I think that this story is very suspect as far as the tone it is being given. First, as a worker in the health field, what I noticed immediately is that the gentleman voluntarily cooperated. He went the the psyche facility, and after eighteen hours was released. Now, let's say he resisted and they subdued, then we'd have a reason for our outrage. Did they have the warrant to be taking him into custody? We will never know, it didn't have to get that far, because as far as I can tell, the man under suspect is being cooperative and helpful. He voluntarily left.

Most stays that are legitimate emergency concerns, tend to get a stamped mark of three day, court mandated to stay. Well, in my state, anyhow. So if they had wanted this man, or after speaking with him, felt that his "friend" was right. They would have taken and slapped him with a 72 hour stay. It didn't even have to get that far with him. Usually 72 hours is enough to decided how long to keep a patient, what meds best go with that aspect of personality the Psyches don't like and wish to repress. There now we are all better.

Seeing as that didn't happen, instead he was released, and given the standard follow up all get. If they thought something was up, they would have court mandate counseling and psychiatric care. There was nothing wrong with him, so he goes home. Everyone gets sent to crisis who isn't being mandated to see a shrink and counselor. Why? It can shake some people up, they can get really riled, that someone pointed the finger at them and called them crazy. Crisis center is specifically structured to help people with those types of feelings and anger, after a stay in the wards.

This is a success story more than it an outrage. Police follow tip. Man agrees to answer questions. Man learns a "friend" thinks he might be "unstable" Man then voluntarily takes a ride down to where they have padded cells, and went about calming answering questions and consistently showing proper behavior. Man goes home after eighteen hours. Not even a day.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by okyouwin

Listen, I'm not trying to be a troll, I know how despicable that can be. But your link for the rest of the story, quotes a somewhat dubious source, "The Haggman and Haggman report of some radio network, not one of the big 3" Not one I've ever heard of. Now the most amazing thing about this story, other than it being the perfect prosecution of a specific group which is unabashedly represented buy this radio network: this is pretty amazing, but no, even more eye catching is the amount of detail in describing the tip and the taking into custody. I don't think this came from the police report. I'm seeing a lot of holes here. And a lot of whining. You Christians ought to stop and think. Spreading tales is not part of your tenets. In fact, I believe there is a very basic rule against it, " Thou Shalt not Lie." Time to get back to basics, don't you think.

Are you assuming I'm a Christian? Did you miss where I stated "This article does not represent my views?" Also, where does it claim any of this came from a police report? I never said this was a police report, so why would you assume that and this isn't about religion in case you haven't noticed it's about free speech.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was the friend who called. Being religious means you're delusional. Do you want a delusional man with a gun around your children?

But really, if this is their method of confiscating guns and changing the views of dissidents (one at a time using psych wards) then I see them succeeding by the year 3100. Maybe.

edit on 23-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This is ridiculous! We are being stripped of all our freedom. This country was founded on religious freedom, and beliefs. It's insane the way this country is turning out. No longer do we truly have freedom of speech, or religious freedom. Christians in general, we seem to constantly be being attempted to be persecuted. All because of the naive atheist/agnostics in this world. They're threatened by us Christians, and it truly does seem they are doing all they can to wipe us out. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. They fear what they don't understand. It's absurd, and very aggravating. I don't mean to attack these ignorant people, but in fact, I am sure this "friend" of this guy this story is about, is a non-believer that didn't understand all that this guy was telling the friend, and indeed felt threatened. What closed minded non-believer isn't threatened by a Christian? There is none. They all feel threatened, because they can't argue with the facts, and evidence. That's all I need to say. If I say anymore, this reply/post really will be just a rant, rather than an angry observation.

I refuse to fight with the non-believer anymore, cause they refuse to acknowledge the facts, and evidence. If you are a non-believer reading this (anyone), and you are infuriated because of what I post, I could care less. Go cry to the rest of your non-believing friends. The people who plug their ears, squint their eyes shut, and refuse to even listen to the facts, and evidence. These type of people make me sick.

If the non-believer is asking, what evidence, visit my links I will post. There's is no need to argue with the non-believer. Some absolutely refuse to even consider what is outside their knowledge. They are perfectly find in their senseless, and ignorant mind-frame. Don't fight with these people. Tell them the facts, and what Jesus wants them to know, after that, let the Holy Spirit do the work. Fighting with them only makes them fortify their ignorance walls even stronger. I know this from experience. So If you are a non-believer, and question the Truth, and wonder what evidence I may be talking about, visit the multiple links posted below. If you have any intellect, one of these links will make you stop, and really think about everything. Enjoy.

The Hal Lindsey Report

Groundbreaking Discoveries From The Shroud Of Turin

Intelligent Design

Archaeoligical Evidence

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I tend to agree with a few others here on this topic.. It iz extremely hard to form an opinion here without first knowing 'exactly' what was said to instigate this suspicious Government reaction... People's agendas become a lil bit clearer when strong opinions are formed without the presence of all the facts...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh good, now everything is getting closer to home.
It's probable that something corrupt is going on. This whole area is awful for things like this. They probably all made money off of the whole thing. Also, I'm not sure if it was just me, but it sounded like the article questioned someone from Scranton having a friend from NYC. I know quite a few people who go there regularly, so while something was wrong with the whole scenario, that could possibly be true.
And just as I write this reply, I hear gunshot. That's nice.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

heh, i dont like baseball, hows that for an answer ^^

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join