It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Man Sent to Psych Ward for "Religious Beliefs"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In our past, we could safely have no fences and even leave our doors unlocked.

But today, can anyone lay such claims? More so after those horrific butchery of innocent lives?

Those who complain about 'big' government are the very same ones who decry such questionings of individuals. So what is the austerity driven police force to do, but to simply haul up 'suspects' and send them for evalutions the old fashion way instead of modern monitoring efforts silently over the communications line for productivity to weed out the truly 'warped of mind'?

If one had done no wrong, then just follow the un-invasive cooperations guides. It doesn't cost much, but failures to do so would cost society much more. No one is charged, only evaluted based upon their own freedom of expression which sounded in direct conflict to the well being of society to the tune of murdering them all.

There is danger in the committment to passionate causes. I had seen it myself several times, on how power corrupts and absolute corrupts absolutely. Seeming honest idealistic humans trying to create change, but over time, as change becomes difficult, their patience wears out and their mind snaps, with anger and hatred to fellow humans.

Hitler was pure evil from start. But humans such as Mao, Stalin, Brevik, Holmes, etc are examples, started out as ordinary humans seeking change, but over time, turned into humanslaying devils without a care to innocent lives.

Not many of humankind can control that love, compassion and raging desire for changes such as the great Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Suu Kyi or Nelson Mandela.

Thus, prevention is better than cure, espacially during these times, to prevent the further slaughter of innocents. If we are to be true friends, then that responsibility lays in us to calm those in the danger zones down and rationalize with them first,and only if that fail, do we seek for help. They would have done the same for us for none is perfect or sane 100% of the time when stresses of life strikes.

It is our families, relatives and friends that truly matters, not the world alone. They are our support and strength, and the very reason we wake up to face the next morning. Combined, rationally, we can change our world for the better, and help those whom have lost patience or even mind.

edit on 22-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
An interesting comment from another article about this:

142 Responses to “Thought Police Kidnap Talk Show Host”

The deceitful “friend”, doesn’t concern me as much as the law enforcement apparatus which thinks it’s ok to arrest someone, on the basis of accusations FROM ONE PERSON ALONE upon allegation of “possible mental instability”……..

So apparently now in Amerika, anyone can say “I think so and so is mentally unstable….” and that is grounds to suspend rights and incarcerate ?

No criminal history……
No direct threats of violence…..
No additional witnesses to coroberate the initial accusations……

INCARCERATED AND “DIAGNOSED” WITH “PSYCHOSIS” ?

And keep in mind: “Psychiatry” has NO, and I mean ZERO medical basis whatsoever.

Watch “The marketing of Madness” on YouTube to learn what a scam “psychiatry” is.

Thought Police Kidnap Talk Show Host

Marketing of Madness - Official Preview

Marketing of Madness

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Nice job telling half the story.

Yes the ot is full of GOD's vengeance but when Jesus came he changed everything and told his followers to do no harm to anyone until his return.

I only quoted the OT and explained it as to clarify the Commandment to which the dude referred was not to murder as opposed to not to kill. I never addressed the New Testament in any way.

You are not alone in over looking that fact cause there is a whole world of ignorant so called Christians fighting wars offensively and not defending the truth.

So if non-ignorant Christians fight in a war defending the truth us "harm" then ok? I am confused. That is not the point of this thread BTW. So let's not derail further. No one is attacking Christians - least of all me. I only wanted to clarify the Commandment - not debate the wonderfulness of Jesus.

I too yearn for return of Jesus so perhaps we have more in common than you think? He did a bang up job on my lawn a few years ago - he must have gone out of business though I had to get a new guy Jose who doesn't do nearly the same caliber work. Perhaps he didn't have the same philosophy as Jesus regarding the “do no harm” thing - he weed whacked all of my wife's hostas.

From the lost book of Golf - spoken thus to the husband who had to find alternative lawn care in the time after Jesus.

Woe unto he who harms the hostas sayeth the goodwife – longing for the days of Jesus.

Find Jesus, she commanded - tho verily he tried Jesus was no longer in the white pages and the husband was sore with worry for the return of Jesus also.

He gnashed his teeth and rent his clothing in despair for Jesus was $20.00 a week cheaper than the next lowest bidder.

- So it was written of Jesus in the book of Golf.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Nice job telling half the story.

Yes the ot is full of GOD's vengeance but when Jesus came he changed everything and told his followers to do no harm to anyone until his return.

I only quoted the OT and explained it as to clarify the Commandment to which the dude referred was not to murder as opposed to not to kill. I never addressed the New Testament in any way.

You are not alone in over looking that fact cause there is a whole world of ignorant so called Christians fighting wars offensively and not defending the truth.

So if non-ignorant Christians fight in a war defending the truth us "harm" then ok? I am confused. That is not the point of this thread BTW. So let's not derail further. No one is attacking Christians - least of all me. I only wanted to clarify the Commandment - not debate the wonderfulness of Jesus.

I too yearn for return of Jesus so perhaps we have more in common than you think? He did a bang up job on my lawn a few years ago - he must have gone out of business though I had to get a new guy Jose who doesn't do nearly the same caliber work. Perhaps he didn't have the same philosophy as Jesus regarding the “do no harm” thing - he weed whacked all of my wife's hostas.

From the lost book of Golf - spoken thus to the husband who had to find alternative lawn care in the time after Jesus.

Woe unto he who harms the hostas sayeth the goodwife – longing for the days of Jesus.

Find Jesus, she commanded - tho verily he tried Jesus was no longer in the white pages and the husband was sore with worry for the return of Jesus also.

He gnashed his teeth and rent his clothing in despair for Jesus was $20.00 a week cheaper than the next lowest bidder.

- So it was written of Jesus in the book of Golf.

What a fool...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDividerWhat a fool...

Wait - are you not a fan of the book of Golf? I don't understand?

Forget it don't answer... I don't want to derail the thread further.

Just U2U if you want. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's way too easy for people to be taken into mental health facilities against their will...
edit on 22-8-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You have no proof this man was "talking crazy"---unless you believe talking about religion in general is crazy.

My friend, there is a witch hunt going on. It should be obvious to you that our rights are under threat, that our beliefs are being checked and that our old way of life is no longer.

Why are you so quick to defend the indefensible?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
thats pretty sad really, yet when someone should be in there they take them to jail. i blacked out on my PRESCRIPTION wellbutrin & woke up in jail not knowing how i got there & had to sit for 3 months while fighting my case

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FearYourMind

This is a sad story. For two reasons. The first being that this young man had himself violated by "authorities". The second being that the "authorities" seem to have the power to perform these types of actions merely from a "tip".

However, I believe this whole situation could have been easily avoided had the young man told the police officer that he did not consent to the officers request. From what I can gather, the "authorities" had no legal warrant to be on his property and no probable cause that a felony had been committed. The "authorities" were granted the power to do this by the very victim himself. If this man had known his rights and asserted them I don't think he would have suffered this ordeal. Egroff complying with the "authorities" because knew he had done no wrong is what wronged him.

This is a lesson that should not be lost on us - the observers of the situation. Learn your rights well. Learn when you have the power to tell the "authorities" NO. The "authorities" take advantage of the individuals personal ignorance. More importantly this situation is a prefect example of an utterly foolish perspective: "I know I have done nothing wrong so I will comply." Never voluntarily comply with requests you can legally deny...especially when you know you have done no wrong. What you say can and will be used against you, after all.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

So if non-ignorant Christians fight in a war defending the truth us "harm" then ok?

harm not ok.
I have found through my studies of Jesus that violence is not ok.
However i will defend my life With violence only if i am receiving bodily harm in real time and not just a receiving threats.As far as defending our rights and truth violence is never the answer and our voice is our weapon now but we should prepare to defend our lives for the future.
edit on 22-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

That seems a tad bit racist.
edit on 22-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That seems a tad bit racist.

Actually just a true story - Jesus and his crew did a bang up job on my lawn that one year. Jose and his crew did not - sorry if that offends you.

He killed my wifes hostas, do you know how many times I had to listen to the recitation of the book of Golf?

Over and over....until I could recite it verbatim as I have done for you today.

Praise Jesus! HIs company was cheaper tha the other lawn care companies and way better too...

A pox be upon the house of Jose and his murdering weed whacker bearing subordinates!

No lies in that story my good man.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
well im pretty sure he would only have so many "friends" living an hour away and working in some medical field, after i got out i would go pay that very good friend a visit, bring along a nice metal baseball bat, you know, just to go play a nice round of baseball of course so i can remind my friend how much i really really like him.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Then why wasn't Mr. Bush admitted to a psych ward for telling all us "God told me to invade Iraq"?

Seems that was a fair amount more harmful in the end than anything this guy did.

Now that's what I call a great f*cking point.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Listen, I'm not trying to be a troll, I know how despicable that can be. But your link for the rest of the story, quotes a somewhat dubious source, "The Haggman and Haggman report of some radio network, not one of the big 3" Not one I've ever heard of. Now the most amazing thing about this story, other than it being the perfect prosecution of a specific group which is unabashedly represented buy this radio network: this is pretty amazing, but no, even more eye catching is the amount of detail in describing the tip and the taking into custody. I don't think this came from the police report. I'm seeing a lot of holes here. And a lot of whining. You Christians ought to stop and think. Spreading tales is not part of your tenets. In fact, I believe there is a very basic rule against it, " Thou Shalt not Lie." Time to get back to basics, don't you think.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
THIS IS ABSOLUTLEY DISGUSTING! take it from someone who has spent a fair bit of time in psychiatric institutions , it aint fun for anyone!

I don't know how things work in america, but in australia if someone was to contact the authorities saying with alegations like that, the officers would most likley just hang up on them....

ALSO if this were to happen in australia, it would be all over the news! their would be mass protests and possibly even deaths.

NO PART OF THE ACTION TAKEN AGAINST THIS MAN IS JUSTIFYABLE... PERIOD! if you think i'm wrong well you give it a go and see how you like it!

Love, Light and all that crap....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

What are you talking about?
Your post confused me as to what you mean.
Would you be using a baseball for that game or someones head.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

My question to all this would be, how can you call yourself a Christian and own GUNS?

Christian gun owners of America, be forewarned.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I did read it j******. All of it.

Information is still missing. You folks just want to believe this nonsense that religion is under attack, because the truth is too boring for you. The only people threatening Christianity are certain kinds of American Christians out there. Figure out which ones yourselves.

edit on 23-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ironic....
In the years after the "leper houses" were abandoned, due to the severely diminished rate of leprosy, the leper houses were converted into mental asylums. In those days, however, the asylums weren't JUST for the mentally ill. The governments also used them to detain the homeless, criminals, political opponents, and anyone they saw as a threat.
And now, our government is once again using mental asylums to detain political dissidents and "potential threats."

Perhaps it's just an homage to the good old days of the Dark Ages....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

However, I believe this whole situation could have been easily avoided had the young man told the police officer that he did not consent to the officers request. From what I can gather, the "authorities" had no legal warrant to be on his property and no probable cause that a felony had been committed. The "authorities" were granted the power to do this by the very victim himself. If this man had known his rights and asserted them I don't think he would have suffered this ordeal. Egroff complying with the "authorities" because knew he had done no wrong is what wronged him.

I think everyone needs to commit to memory, key points in the constitution, key protocol if stopped unlawfully, key wording to use, key cases to site. The constitution protects his freedom of religion, his freedom to express his opinions and his right to own a gun. There is no difference between a "tip" being given to suggest he is unstable and needs to be examined, as a "tip" saying a man has a gun in a state that allows open carry, for without probable cause, ie the person matches the description of someone who committed a crime, there is no legal reason to stop them.

I certainly wouldn't have complied, but would have cited the constitution and asked for his superviser, immediately. Requested the supervisor.

I wonder if there are online sites, that give protocols for what to say in a variety of situations with the police and the correct court decisions.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join