It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star is caught devouring planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Astronomers have found evidence for a planet being devoured by its star, yielding insights into the fate that will befall Earth in billions of years.

The team uncovered the signature of a planet that had been "eaten" by looking at the chemistry of the host star.

They also think a surviving planet around this star may have been kicked into its unusual orbit by the destruction of a neighbouring world.

www.bbc.co.uk...

iopscience.iop.org...

"A similar fate may await the inner planets in our solar system, when the Sun becomes a red giant and expands all the way out to Earth's orbit some five billion years from now," said co-author Prof Alexander Wolszczan from Pennsylvania State University in the US.

I'm glad I will be long gone when this happens...........it might get a little hot.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

If I had to go out, being taken down by the Sun would be a pretty sweet way to go (it would happen instantly)....

I would welcome any of these disasters from the skies... Much better than dying by getting hit by a car or drownding..

1. Gamma Ray Burst
2. Rogue Black Holes
3. Omega Point
4. Asteroids
5. Supernova
6. Quasars

You get the point... That would be the cool way to go out...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Mind you, it would take a while until the Sun got closer and closer, it would be notably hotter one day then unbearable the next, then Pow!!!! Flames coming off your head!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by jhn7537

Mind you, it would take a while until the Sun got closer and closer, it would be notably hotter one day then unbearable the next, then Pow!!!! Flames coming off your head!

Yea, I would hide deep in a dark cave and then when the time was right i would run out to be incinerated

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

If I had to go out, being taken down by the Sun would be a pretty sweet way to go (it would happen instantly)....

I would welcome any of these disasters from the skies... Much better than dying by getting hit by a car or drownding..

1. Gamma Ray Burst
2. Rogue Black Holes
3. Omega Point
4. Asteroids
5. Supernova
6. Quasars

You get the point... That would be the cool way to go out...

And that's the way I would go! Can you just imagine the sheer beautiful during your final seconds on earth watching the blast from an asteroid or huge tsunami just completely wiping you out? If anything, it's the way I would want to go. I've had a vision that seemed so real after having an epiphany of something smashing into a planet, which I assumed was Earth. This was LONG after I ever created the name "TheProphetMark" so call it Karma or whatever for turning me into a Prophet maybe? I never asked to be one, so please don't consider me one because till this day I'm still speechless to what I saw. It was almost as if was a hologram lightish blue like vision that appeared for no more then 5-8 seconds at the most.

I don't know but I always had an odd feeling about asteroids ever since I watched that movie Armageddon, and with everything I've been through in life especially a time where my instincts (6th sense) have saved my life. I consider this feeling to be my sixth sense, due to my mild hearing loss for being completely deaf in my right with 80% loss in the other. You know what they say about senses? You lose it, you gain more sense in the other areas most likely spread across evenly.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Om, nom, nom, nom...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

..................Burp!

new topics

top topics

join