Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Closer to Collapse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well we all know the saying... "Follow the Money".

Big money knows. The type of wealth these people have extends generation to generation. If the big money is moving to gold, you can bet your arse there is a good reason for it.

I really do not understand how anyone can look at our current system and still believe it is sustainable. This sucker is going to come crashing down. It's not a matter of IF anymore, only a matter of WHEN.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Great thread OP... S&F

You wrote ...
"Let's hope for the sake of humanity that our leaders can learn to compromise, share, and realize we are all closer than we think."

I'd like to add: Some, not all, but some of our leaders actually lack the ability to compromise, share, to realize we are all closer than we think. They cannot learn this. The ability is simply not there. They are not withholding the ability -- it does not exist. They are not normal people acting badly.

Wishing, wanting, hoping and expecting the ability to be there won't make it happen. When we refuse to accept this reality we wind up paying the price. Regardless of their ability to articulate like a pro, their assets and IQ's or titles, a certain percentage of our leaders (and the general population) lack the ability to feel genuine empathy.

Without the ability to feel genuine empathy one cannot possibly compromise.

The brains of those 'without empathy' are hard-wired a little differently from that of individuals who can compromise ... and this is evident on a standard fMRI scan. Even the best education at the best Ivy League school cannot make one experience events or issues through the eyes of others if that specific region of their brain never fully developed. There is no correlation between IQ and the ability to empathize, and therefore the ability to share and to compromise.

By the way, there's a (DSM) medical term for this disorder ... sociopathy/psychopathy. My 2 cents.

This is really what we are dealing with.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
the banks will make no such plans. they are irresponsible institutions looking out for their own good.

when i picture our meek government asking the banks to make plans for prevention of a collapse, i see something like a weak old man on his knees (our government) pleading with the grim reaper (banks) for a little more time to live.

banks have the power. our government only has military power. our government is bankrupt.

edit on 23-8-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

I agree. And to add to your last sentence ..."Our government is bankrupt."
Our government is financially, morally, ethically and emotionally bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In the lobby of the World Government

World power holders deeply entrenched within the major states and governments are determined to impose on the entire planet a World Government, through thick and thin ... And the sooner the better (for them)!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Can't you say that in a little nicer way. Some of the people in Washington could get offended and wind up skinnydipping.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Apparently the President is worried about his chances winning the election if Greece exits the Euro zone before election time. Holding off on allowing the Greeks to exit would help the Democrats with reelection efforts, or so they think.

independent.com

They are urging eurozone Governments to hold off from taking any drastic action before then – fearing that the resulting market destabilisation could damage President Obama's re-election prospects. European leaders are thought to be sympathetic to the lobbying fearing that, under pressure from his party lin Congress, Mitt Romney would be a more isolationist president than Mr Obama
edit on 24-8-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Great post!

I would like to offer many of the players you mentioned are not in the same league with you and me. They drive the market they do not wait around for movement, up or down. Sort of like Nathan Rothschild and the outcome of the battle of Waterloo. Wikipedia illustrates it as a legend but then again, Wikipedia never let facts stand in the way of story management.

en.wikipedia.org...

If these guys are buying gold, it is in hopes to drive the market where they want it to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join