Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Closer to Collapse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
On August 10, Rueters reported that "U.S. banks were told to make plans to prevent a collapse," if they faced serious issues that would contribute to instability. The plan which came to life in May of 2010, under the direction of the federal reserve and the U.S. office of the comptroller of the currency, instructed 5 major financial houses to begin "recovery plans" to stave off and prevent failure in time of distress.

Reuters

They told banks to consider drastic efforts to prevent failure in times of distress, including selling off businesses, finding other funding sources if regular borrowing markets shut them out, and reducing risk. The plans must be feasible to execute within three to six months, and banks were to "make no assumption of extraordinary support from the public sector," according to the documents.

In light of this report it's important to note the Euro zone crisis and what George Soros said about it back in June of this year, where he says "Germany has three months to save the Euro" or risk destruction of the European Union.

Telegraph

“In my judgment the authorities have a three months’ window during which they could still correct their mistakes and reverse the current trends,” he said.

“By the authorities I mean mainly the German government and the Bundesbank because in a crisis the creditors are in the driver’s seat and nothing can be done without German support.

After Soros warned of a possible catastrophe in the Euro zone, it later surfaced in his 13 F filing with the SEC, he had unloaded all major financial stocks and invested 130 million in gold. The banking institutions where he unloaded stocks included the very same banks that were warned to begin "recovery plans" inside the U.S. to stave off collapse and distress.

Etfdailynews

Soros, who manages funds through various accounts in the US and the Cayman Islands, has reportedly unloaded over one million shares of stock in financial companies and banks that include Citigroup (NYSE:C) 420,000 shares, JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) 701,400 shares and Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) 120,000 shares. The total value of the stock sales amounts to nearly $50 million.

Another billionaire investor, John Paulson, has recently acquired large sums of gold through SPDR Gold Trust along with George Soros. Bloomberg recently reported that almost half of his U.S. traded equities are now tied to gold.

Bloomberg

Billionaire investors George Soros and John Paulson increased their stakes in the biggest exchange- traded fund backed by gold as prices posted the largest quarterly drop since 2008.

Soros Fund Management more than doubled its investment in the SPDR Gold Trust to 884,400 shares as of June 30, compared with three months earlier, a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing for second-quarter holdings showed yesterday. Paulson & Co. increased its holdings by 26 percent to 21.8 million shares.

(Alternative source)

Soros isn't the only one with insider knowledge about the global markets. Recently another elite financier lord Rothschild placed a $200 million bet against the Euro, claiming that it wasn't a dogmatic or negative view against the Euro, but a realistic one considering the currency remains weak.

cnbc

Lord Rothschild, an elder member of the dynastic Rothschild banking family, has taken the position against the euro through RIT Capital Partners, the 1.9 billion pound investment trust of which he is executive chairman, according to a report in the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph.

(Alter native source)

Whether or not this is an indication of a coming shift in the global economy, or a possible financial collapse, is yet to be seen. However, considering whose betting and hedging against the Euro (Rothschild), the magnitude of George Soros predictions and subsequent unloading of major financial stocks to a more a stable currency (gold), only highlights the rift in the global financial system particularly in Europe.

Having said that, there are other billionaire investors like Jim Rogers. That claim it's really going to get "bad after the next election." In a recent interview with CNBC, Roger's offered some context as to what may be coming.

Moneymorning

Rogers also charged Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel with promoting dangerous policies that create the illusion the economy is stable... but are really only intended to buy time before their upcoming elections

"Mrs. Merkle has an election next year," Rogers said. "Mr. Obama has an election in November. The Americans and the Germans - they want to do everything they can to hold the world up until after the next election."

Of course there are many other things that will contribute to our overall stability, such as drought, the possibilty of war. It would appear to be as if we are headed for an uncertain future around the world. Let's hope for the sake of humanity that our leaders can learn to compromise, share, and realize we are all closer than we think.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for this thread. I think you are right and I also believe they are trying to resist until elections, the very next day he (whoever wins), will tell us on national tv how bad things really are. Then, streets will be a mess like s
Spain. But we will get used to, we always do.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
S&F for consolidating all this info. I've read all these things on ats already, but I like the fact that you consolidated them all to really bring it into perspective. Question though, do you think all the government agencies buying large quantities of bullets has something to do with this as well? Crowd control for the masses on November 7th? Not sure if I believe that is the case, but wanted to see what you thought about it.

Another question pops into mind, why do you think Obama and Merkel are trying to hold the economy up til after the election? I don't see the benefits of this. If we have complete world economic collapse then there is a good chance that our governmental institutions will also collapse as well. Also even if they didn't collapse, we could just impeach Obama for the incident. I just see this sinking ship situation and find it odd that while all the rats are fleeing the ship, the captain wants to secure his position as captain even though there is no future for the ship.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
S&F for consolidating all this info. I've read all these things on ats already, but I like the fact that you consolidated them all to really bring it into perspective. Question though, do you think all the government agencies buying large quantities of bullets has something to do with this as well? Crowd control for the masses on November 7th? Not sure if I believe that is the case, but wanted to see what you thought about it.

Another question pops into mind, why do you think Obama and Merkel are trying to hold the economy up til after the election? I don't see the benefits of this. If we have complete world economic collapse then there is a good chance that our governmental institutions will also collapse as well. Also even if they didn't collapse, we could just impeach Obama for the incident. I just see this sinking ship situation and find it odd that while all the rats are fleeing the ship, the captain wants to secure his position as captain even though there is no future for the ship.

Obama is holding the economy up for obvious reasons, to get reelected and when he does, which he most likely will, it will be his 2nd and last term. During the second term is when he will implement a lot of changes which most people will not agree with. Economy collapsing is kind of a broad term, what will happen is major restructuring in Europe, followed by major restructuring in the US. At this point it's not possible to fix what has been done without major restructuring of debt. The restructuring will probably financially affect the middle class the most, which will probably start some violence, that might be a reason for all the agencies buying ammo. Also, there are shootings going on everywhere all the time, but lately the media has been making a big deal out of it and it might have something to do with possibly Obama saying he is putting his foot down and he is tightening the gun laws.... but that's just an assumption...although world leaders are known to set up false flag to have a reason to implement something or start a war

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The real question is this: What do we do?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well Sorros cant be all that worried,.
He bought gold in paper certificates
And he apparently thought buying a soccer team was a good investment.
Hmmm
I would have bought gold I can feel and see.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Wait and watch and get prepared. Learn to grow things and stock some food for about a month of living at minimum. It is not going to be that bad, but having food and something to cook on is advised. There seems to be more violent storms happening now, being prepared is always good.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yeah, why would someone buy paper gold?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

If he were really that worried in a financial crash it would be real gold.
seems to me, hes trying to drive up the price

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I know I am not going to be popular for saying this, but I think we are further from collapse. Face it, the fiat banking system ensures that once the central banks pledge to prop up the crippled banks then the status quo will remain unchanged. The warning to the banks is merely a heads-up that a ton of $$ is incoming to help keep the books cooking.

Is this sustainable? Of course not and we all know it. How log can it hold up? Well, given the enormity of the situation, it will take a very large outside force to knock this pile of sh** over.

Closer? Not in post-2009 terms but yes in the very large picture. All I am saying is it will not implode on itself. We have been assured of that over and over.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Soros didn't.
By looking at his SEC report, he purchased from SPRD, which is backed by physical gold

Here is a link to this latest Soros SEC filing

ETA Soros may be making this announcement very public to drive the price of gold up again...one more hit and score...
But the mere fact he put his money into the largest gold backed exchange in the world is telling IMHO
And who knows...he make be taking delivery of all that gold as we speak
edit on 21-8-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time. With everything coming together to make a perfect storm, it won't take a lot to trigger it. Drought, high food prices, national debt rising out of sight, unpopular wars, more taxes coming soon. Something is going to snap. Keep your head down and eyes open.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So soros bought 50 million dollars in gold? Wow that's the same weight as fifty two bushels of potatoes. I can't even afford to buy fifty two bushels of potatoes. I like potatoes better than gold. The deer that come around love potatoes too, I'd rather have potatoes.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Are you a religious person?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by davjan4

Are you a religious person?

Are you ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
the ponzi scheme is coming to an end, either way, it will fall. the only questions that we should all pay close attention to are these, will it be a natural end or will it be an engineered end by tptb. once it falls down will it be replaced by a good system or just given a new look by the same ptb and sold as them being our saviors.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why wait til the election?

My best guess is that people have to get paid.
They can't get paid if the boss loses his job

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
On August 10, Rueters reported that "U.S. banks were told to make plans to prevent a collapse," if they faced serious issues that would contribute to instability. The plan which came to life in May of 2010, under the direction of the federal reserve and the U.S. office of the comptroller of the currency, instructed 5 major financial houses to begin "recovery plans" to stave off and prevent failure in time of distress.

Reuters

They told banks to consider drastic efforts to prevent failure in times of distress, including selling off businesses, finding other funding sources if regular borrowing markets shut them out, and reducing risk. The plans must be feasible to execute within three to six months, and banks were to "make no assumption of extraordinary support from the public sector," according to the documents.

In light of this report it's important to note the Euro zone crisis and what George Soros said about it back in June of this year, where he says "Germany has three months to save the Euro" or risk destruction of the European Union.

Telegraph

“In my judgment the authorities have a three months’ window during which they could still correct their mistakes and reverse the current trends,” he said.

“By the authorities I mean mainly the German government and the Bundesbank because in a crisis the creditors are in the driver’s seat and nothing can be done without German support.

After Soros warned of a possible catastrophe in the Euro zone, it later surfaced in his 13 F filing with the SEC, he had unloaded all major financial stocks and invested 130 million in gold. The banking institutions where he unloaded stocks included the very same banks that were warned to begin "recovery plans" inside the U.S. to stave off collapse and distress.

Etfdailynews

Soros, who manages funds through various accounts in the US and the Cayman Islands, has reportedly unloaded over one million shares of stock in financial companies and banks that include Citigroup (NYSE:C) 420,000 shares, JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) 701,400 shares and Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) 120,000 shares. The total value of the stock sales amounts to nearly $50 million.

Another billionaire investor, John Paulson, has recently acquired large sums of gold through SPDR Gold Trust along with George Soros. Bloomberg recently reported that almost half of his U.S. traded equities are now tied to gold.

Bloomberg

Billionaire investors George Soros and John Paulson increased their stakes in the biggest exchange- traded fund backed by gold as prices posted the largest quarterly drop since 2008.

Soros Fund Management more than doubled its investment in the SPDR Gold Trust to 884,400 shares as of June 30, compared with three months earlier, a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing for second-quarter holdings showed yesterday. Paulson & Co. increased its holdings by 26 percent to 21.8 million shares.

(Alternative source)

Soros isn't the only one with insider knowledge about the global markets. Recently another elite financier lord Rothschild placed a $200 million bet against the Euro, claiming that it wasn't a dogmatic or negative view against the Euro, but a realistic one considering the currency remains weak....

The East is where it's at. The West IS going down in flames.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

i disagree because this is global in nature and not localized at all and add to that the fact that all markets are tied together by the same ponzi scheme/ banksters, when one goes down they all go down.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
the banks will make no such plans. they are irresponsible institutions looking out for their own good.

when i picture our meek government asking the banks to make plans for prevention of a collapse, i see something like a weak old man on his knees (our government) pleading with the grim reaper (banks) for a little more time to live.

banks have the power. our government only has military power. our government is bankrupt.

edit on 23-8-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join