It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analyze this bombing video.. now with link.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just a few points that I was considering as I watched the video of the bombing of [unidentified personnel] at night, in the streets.

Here's a link to the video

1)The comment by the combat controller after the bomb fell ("Oh, dude..."), suggests to me that he did indeed have eyes on the target prior to as well as after the splash.

2)Are all bombing operations recorded? If no, then who decides which ones to record? And why? This particular recording seems like it could possibly turn out to be bad for the military if or when the action was determined to be the wrong one. How and why would a video like this be released? Where did the video come from?

3)When considering tactics, one would assume that people who are trying to survive would at least employ the most basic of tactics. Which this particular group of people does not.

4)Was this bomb supersonic? I doubt it. A bomb of that size is going to make a hell of a racket as it zooms toward the earth. In the video, no one seems to have any idea that a 450lb object is above them.

5)Was it just me, or did it sound like the pilot stuttered a little bit at the end of the first line? "I have numerous personnel on the ground, you want me to take those (st) out?" And why is a pilot asking a combat controller what he wants him to do?

This whole thing just sounded fishy to me.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just so you know
In Somalia, Afghanistan, and Iraq, it was noted that opposition forces deployed no formal tactics at all, instead favouring a 'grab your guns and shoot' scheme.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't know why the video was released, or how.

But

3. The people are very, very stupid.

4. You wouldn't hear the bomb zooming in from the F-16, it's just too far away and the engines too loud. The people were probably making a lot of noise too and wouldn't hear it over their own wanking.

5. The pilot is killing things at request of the combat controller. He takes orders.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Just so you know
In Somalia, Afghanistan, and Iraq, it was noted that opposition forces deployed no formal tactics at all, instead favouring a 'grab your guns and shoot' scheme.

Yeah, I don't know who the bigger idiots are...

Them for not even bothering to learn how to fight, or us for actually having a hard time fighting them.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Need a link... Don't even know how to search for a "bombing of unidentified personnel video," not specific enough. Is this in the news or somethin?

LINK LINK LINK *chants*

Zip

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Need a link... Don't even know how to search for a "bombing of unidentified personnel video," not specific enough. Is this in the news or somethin?

LINK LINK LINK *chants*

Zip

Here's a link to the video

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i seen the video on cnn today.....cheered me up no end

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This has been shown here many times before.
It shows the targeting of an insurgent "safehouse". Someone tipped them off /heard the plane.
Please check your sources of how and what this really was.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by colinonu
i seen the video on cnn today.....cheered me up no end

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read on ATS. Thanks for that, C.
its not stupid....were at war...have,nt you noticed?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
This has been shown here many times before.
It shows the targeting of an insurgent "safehouse". Someone tipped them off /heard the plane.
Please check your sources of how and what this really was.

Mon,

There are no sources. These are original thoughts that I had after only having heard and watched the video. This is purely my first-hand speculation on what I saw.

But,

This doesn't show targeting of an insurgent 'safehouse'. It shows targeting of a group of people walking down the street.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Please! No more threads about this video. I don't know the actual count of how many we have now, but one more is too many. Unless you have some new spin or additional footage, then use the previous threads:

F-16 obliterates Innocent Iraqi Civilians
Video Showing US Air-Strike On Peaceful Iraqie Demonstration

top topics

join