It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by Beavers

Anything can be faked given the right tools and materials to create it. Just because something can be faked or duplicated doesn't mean the real thing doesn't exist. There's a lot of silk flowers out there, it doesn't mean there's no real ones? Fakes imitate reality.

True but we know real flowers exist and we can tell the difference between the real flowers and fake ones.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Haha! Yes, there's definitely at least one.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I really enjoyed researching it – it's taken close to 20 years on and off and I've had to learn A LOT of science along the way. It really helps that I love science and learning new things.

Somewhere around 10-15 years ago I discovered two completely opposite theories and started reading about them as much as I could. If you're interested see if you can find out as much as you can about the Copernican Principle and the Rare Earth Hypothesis. Both are equally compelling and have their advocates and adversaries. Another good research theory is the Fermi Paradox. These three theories got me hooked and my head buried in research papers.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It seems a while I've written anything here, apologies.

I was going to write something about a fascinating piece of DNA information. Long ago, when we were all single-celled blobs floating around Earth's ocean, we didn't do much. We harvested just enough energy to survive and propagate. Then one day a parasite – from almost out of nowhere – invaded our cells and demanded almost all of our nutrients our cells could produce. However, in return these parasites gave our little single cells enough energy to do remarkable things, like get bigger, better and more complex. So complex, in fact, that the invaded cells eventually became every single creature and plant that has ever lived on this planet. This parasite is now called mitochondria and has become so much a part of us that we will die if we took it out. The strange thing is it has it own unique DNA that doesn't have any resemblance to our own, or any other living thing on our planet. If there was going to be any evidence of intervention of our development from God or an alien species, it would be through mitachondrial DNA.

Anyway, back to my theory of alien visitation. We were up to 20 billion planets. I'm going to cut several sections out as I'm now formally writing this as a potential book or research paper, plus the next few sections are on DNA, biology and evolution, plus the continuing extinction events that would plague any planet, so it's not entirely interesting reading for a thread on alien visitation.

To cut a long story short, we would now be at around 500 million planets that have life developed to the equivalent stage of our early primates. I say equivalent as there is no proof that any other species would have developed looking or behaving like we do, however they would have had to gone through many similar processes to reach their particular level of equivalent development.

As has been mentioned earlier, life wants to evolve to its pinnacle in each of its various species. A very few species reached that pinnacle fairly early on and have since diversified (instead of developed), like sharks, for example, or crocodiles or ferns. It's reasonable to assume this would happen elsewhere too. From our 500 million primate equivalents, we have to make a fair assumption of how many of those will develop as we have, into an advanced social species that is able to develop to its pinnacle – and social doesn't mean herding or community living, it means social interaction and protection, developing and using language, using and designing tools, overcoming food shortages, trading resources with other communities, etc. Unfortunately, that's only happened to one species (there are other theories, though, that there could have been an Asian Homo species that developed in tandem) on our planet so we can infer that it is a fairly rare event.

Our 500 million planets have now dropped to around 2000 civilised planets that have life equivalent to our current development. That's a lot of potential species out there if you share my optimism. Unfortunately many don't.

Next up wit be species more advanced than us and after that some really exciting stuff.

<< 16  17  18   >>

join