It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
I just got Out of the Blue DVD, it's an excellent doco on UFOs. The US military and government definitely have classified information on the subject of UFOs, and the French military did a report on UFOs which is available which pretty much says UFOs are real and they have detailed information on them. There is no doubt about it UFOs are real and have visited this planet. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea about what information the military has.
The French military report is called Cometa.

www.cufos.org...

That's just one link to a summary of the Cometa report but google it and you can read about it for days.
It is difficult to mount an objective logical argument against this. No other conclusion is possible says the report and I agree.
Please be fully familiar with the material before attempting any arguments against it!
Don't know about you but I'm convinced.

Both the UK and the USA have the same philosophy officially, simply that UFO's do not pose a threat, neither country has confirmed or denied that UFO's exist. Other countrys may have different views on how do to deal with the idea officially. The USA government says there is no evidence for ET (so that's official), The UK so far is not so bold. To be sure everyone in officialdom is on skywatch for a UFO, (sic) Not everyone in officialdom is looking for ET, officially. The anecdotes used are always interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Everyone's entitled to their opinions and I respect others opinions but I agree with the authors of Cometa. There is no other plausible hypothesis other than extra terrestrial space vehicles controlled by intelligent beings.
That's my opinion, observation.
If you fully read the link it may refresh your thoughts on this subject.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
S&F.. however..

I got all I needed back in 1977-78..and to those that scoff at this before you read......SHAME ON YOU~!

My Extreme Close Encounter in 1977-78, with questions.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

My understanding of Cometa is that it was a defense document for the French government and then was later made public.

Your understanding is incorrect. The COMETA report was not a defense document and it was not for the French government. It was sent to Chirac before it was published but it was not solicited by the government.

edit on 8/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
Everyone's entitled to their opinions and I respect others opinions but I agree with the authors of Cometa. There is no other plausible hypothesis other than extra terrestrial space vehicles controlled by intelligent beings.
That's my opinion, observation.
If you fully read the link it may refresh your thoughts on this subject.

I used to agree with you. Not sure I do anymore, however.

If you'd like to challenge some of your ideas, and enjoy reading about the subject, I'd suggest picking up some of Vallee's books. They are all worth a read, but 2 of them may be particularly challenging to your opinion:

-Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers

-Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults

You can find more of his books on his wiki page here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit:

I should add, that the thing I find most fascinating about Vallee is not only his scientific credentials and accomplishments, but also the fact that he originally started out as a proponent of the extra terrestrial hypothesis, and sought out to study the UFO phenomenon scientifically. However, the more he learned, and the more data he poured over and information he took in about the subject, the more his views began to change (much like Hynek) and he eventually decided that UFO's seemed more "inter dimensional" (for lack of a better term).

His books are great either way, and you should check them out if you are interested in the subject and haven't read them yet

edit on 21-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

For starters, here is an ATS link abut the Colares Incident.
Colares Incident

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I would have to say that from my point of view I have come to this conclusion:

No evidence of ET. (No publicly released photos, no video, no real public sightings)

Plenty of UFO sightings. (More than you can shake a stick at)

so that equals - No ET but there are these things flying around we know nothing about?

Tadarrrrr

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well according to you the link I posted is incorrect.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think the question of UFOs has been answered by the governments and military constantly, throughout the decades. They keep saying "they"(ufos) pose no threat, and have not landed. To me, the governments and military are simply saying, they don't know why they're here, where they're from, and there is an avoidance of public speculations on the matter. But there is little doubt in my mind that these sightings and encounters are best understood through eye-witness testimony, if one can possibly understand what they are.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

downloading now, cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I would have to say that from my point of view I have come to this conclusion:

No evidence of ET. (No publicly released photos, no video, no real public sightings)

Plenty of UFO sightings. (More than you can shake a stick at)

so that equals - No ET but there are these things flying around we know nothing about?

Tadarrrrr

Could mean that there is no direct evidence of visiting aliens but people report things they can not identify from time to time.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

So, does no evidence mean they don't exist?

If folks say they have seen UFOs, does that mean they don't exist if YOU haven't seen any?

If folks also say they have seen what they believe are "alien" creatures, because you haven't seen them, does that mean they don't exist?

I challenge you to research the Colares Incident and Varginha cases, for starters, and then come back and discuss this again in several days.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Guys I've studied military hardware for many years and seen so much stuff on UFOs I can't even remember it all. But I'll tell you the number of highly credible incidents with eyewitness accounts from military pilots, radar operators etc etc etc. There are so many incidents which simply have no other conclusion.
I consider myself an objective logical person and I'm totally convinced I've seen enough evidence. More than enough.
It kind of sounds crazy but there you go.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The link in your OP does not say it was a military report. It does not say it was for the French government. It says:

Before its public release, it has been sent to French President Jacques Chirac and to Prime Minister Lionel Jospin.
www.cufos.org...
Which is what I said. And that "public release" was in a weekly tabloid.
www.ufocom.eu...

Here is what a very famous and respected researcher said about the claims made about the report.

One can only hope that the important issues raised by the UFO phenomenon will be taken seriously by the research community at large. Let us also hope that the awkward presentation and exaggerated promotional claims surrounding the Cometa report will not give skeptics a new excuse for sweeping the entire problem under the rug of contempt.
Jacques Vallee

You can read his entire statement starting on page 139 here:
www.scientificexploration.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Since joining ATS i've stopped believing in aliens. I've not seen one single piece of evidence that couldn't be faked or just a light in the sky. I want to believe, but I just don't!

The sheer number of detailed reports by credible witnesses makes it difficult to completely dismiss the phenomenon, however, you're absolutely right about there being no evidence that it has anything at all to do with "aliens." When you start to really examine the type and quality of the available evidence, along with the practical and statistical realities of travel in space, the development of life on other planets, etc., aliens becomes a less and less likely explanation.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
An interesting point is that just say you have 2 or more people who have never met or communicated with each other in any way who describe the same incident exactly. Then it must be true. What other conclusion can there be? Mass hallucination? How is that even possible.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

My understanding of Cometa is that it was a defense document for the French government and then was later made public.

Your understanding is incorrect. The COMETA report was not a defense document and it was not for the French government.

So correct Phage.. however..

COMETA was a high-level French UFO study organization from the late 1990s, composed of high-ranking officers and officials, some having held command posts in the armed forces and aerospace industry. The name "COMETA" in English stands for "Committee for in-depth studies." The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of mostly former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, a high-level French military think-tank, and by various other experts.

so because it wasn't officially an official military doc, doesn't necessarily make it bunk either.. because the list of ex high ranking officers in the military WERE in fact on the research team, which lends weight to the doc itself without question.

so yes.. it's NOT a military defense doc because the members of the group were ex-mil.. i guess an official 'military doc' only means that those still active..
.........so familiar with this line of thinking.. "YOUR not active military .. so you're not officially military" ....like ALL knowledge and experience goes away somewhere after you get out .. LMAO .. that's like saying the Apollo Astronauts don't have any knowledge of space flight now because they aren't in NASA... they flew to the moon and back .. but.. 'they just don't understand'.......

a bit of note.. for what it's worth..

The COMETA Report was prefaced by General Bernard Norlain of the Air Force, former Director of IHEDN. The preamble was by André Lebeau, former President of the National Center for Space Studies (Centre National D’études Spatiales), or CNES. The authors of the report were an association of experts, many of whom were or had been auditors (defence and intelligence analysts) of IHEDN. The group was presided over by General Denis Letty of the Air Force, another former auditor of IHEDN.

Other members included:

General Bruno Lemoine, Air Force (former auditor of IHEDN)
Admiral Marc Merlo, (former auditor of IHEDN)
Michel Algrin, Doctor in Political Sciences, attorney at law (former auditor of IHEDN)
General Pierre Bescond, engineer for armaments (former auditor of IHEDN)
Denis Blancher, Chief National Police superintendent at the Ministry of the Interior
Christian Marchal, chief engineer of the National Corps des Mines and Research Director at the National Office of Aeronautical Research (ONERA)
General Alain Orszag, Ph.D. in physics, armaments engineer

Outside contributors included Jean-Jacques Velasco, head of SEPRA at CNES, François Louange, President of Fleximage, specializing in photo analysis, and General Joseph Domange, of the Air Force, general delegate of the Association of Auditors at IHEDN.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I notice a lot in the UFO field that whenever people working for the military / government or have left the military / government say there are no visiting aliens everybody distrusts them because "they are military / government".

But if people working for the military / government or have left the military / government say there ARE visiting aliens then the same people say they are trustworthy because of their military / government background !!!

edit on 21-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Komodo

I notice a lot in the UFO field that whenever people working for the military or have left the military say there are no visiting aliens everybody distrusts them because "they are military".

But if people working for the military or have left the military say there ARE visiting aliens then the same people say they are trustworthy because of their military background !!!

edit on 21-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

yes..

so which is it......

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Your understanding is incorrect. The COMETA report was not a defense document and it was not for the French government. It was sent to Chirac before it was published but it was not solicited by the government.

Not to comfortable with that Phage, members included current and past military and on other panels, and also hypothesis on what to do in case of, Something inclusive for all governments, as much as makes no difference. It was also certainly a document for the French government, since it was sent to them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join