It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really at Area 51?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The WB-57s seen around Nellis are also testing some L-band and S-band comm gear.

You may recall I photographed one parked by the RSL at NAFB:

Some audio:
www.lazygranch.com...

Basically the plane has multiple missions, so its presence is hard to nail down to any one use unless you specifically know what gear it is carrying.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
do any big semi trucks go in/out of the base? Pillage one of em and what's inside would give you good measure of their means

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

One of them is in Afghanistan until December 5th, when it goes in for a semi-PDM until Feb, when it deploys again until September.

The second aircraft earlier this month was at Miramar, for BACN JUON 2012 I&T. It was there until the 15, and deploys outside the US tomorrow, until December 14th. There's no word as to what it's testing on the deployment.

In fact 928 is getting ready to fly right now. It's scheduled to depart at 1710CDT out of Ellington, heading to Florida, landing back at Ellington at 2120CDT.

Edit: Looks like they're not landing now until about an hour later than planned, 2228CDT.
edit on 10/3/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Lots of secret stuff there

Stranded Far From Area 51

Photograph from CIA via Pangloss Films

Remnants of a crashed A-12 spy plane—including two engines and the shattered rear fuselage—litter the ground near Wendover, Utah, in a 1963 picture recently declassified by the CIA and published here for the first time.

Things went horribly wrong for test pilot Ken Collins (flying under his Area 51 code name Ken Colmar) when testing the plane's subsonic engines at low altitude. At 25,000 feet (7,620 meters), "the airplane pitched up and went up and got inverted and went into a flat incipient spin," Collins says in the new National Geographic Channel documentaryArea 51 Declassified. (The Channel is part-owned by the National Geographic Society, which owns National Geographic News.)

From such a position, "you just can't recover. So I thought I’d better eject, so I ejected down, because I was upside down."

U.S. officials later asked Collins to undergo hypnosis and treatments of sodium pentothal (a "truth drug") to be sure he relayed every detail of the incident truthfully and correctly.

(Also see "Cold War Spy Plane Found in Baltic Sea.")

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WaffleBear

Semi trucks enter via Gate 700 at the NTS. However, what you are proposing is quite illegal.

Truck enter the TTR via Cedar Gate or the main gate on Route 6. I suppose it depends on the origin of the shipment.

Anything real cool most likely enters either base with C-130, C-5, C17, etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Ken Collins was given sodium amytal. I have the declassified papers here:
www.lazygranch.com...
You probably want to get alternatiff installed first.
www.alternatiff.com...

This should replace the crappy tiff reader that Itunes insists on installing. If for some reason you actually like the Apple tiff reader, then you probably don't want to install alternatiff.

I really need to revamp that page and put all the documents into PDF form.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
i recently read 'Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base ' by Annie Jacobsen which i found to be highly interesting. She interviews several documented high profile military personnel that worked at the base from its inception, and details the supposed operations that were conducted there, such as the U2 program, the Project Oxcart which would become the SR-71 Blackbird, reverse engineering the first captured Mig and other black projects over the last 50 years.

She also talks about the Roswell Incident and tells a story told to her about how the UFO was actually captured German tech piloted by mutilated medical experiment prisoners used as pilots to try to recreate some kind of 'war of the Worlds' panic and cause social unrest and panic.

Not sure how much of it i believed but it is well explained and sounds reasonably possible as an explanation for some events.

Would definitely recommend. I DL'd an audio book version after i bought a copy of the book. its read by Annie Jacobsen and was great to listen to.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

That book greatly angered the Road Runners. They gave her many details about the history of Area 51 that they hadn't talked about before, expecting a well written history of the base. Then when they read the supposedly true story of Roswell, they went ballistic. Many of them will probably never speak to another author again, or tell any of the stories that they didn't tell to her, or anyone else.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

That book has been analyzed greatly on ATS. The general consensus is that it's all a crock of "insert word". Like he said, the roadrunners were peeved to say the least. Use the search and type in annie jacobson and see all the bad crap that has been written about the book here!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
Just like the title says what is really at area 51?
edit on 21-8-2012 by JimTSpock because: Wrong section changed topic!

"People who have a future date with the grim reaper in other words there are
a lot of dead people out there that don't want to wake that technologicaly advanced idea up!"

"I have an idea for a movie about area 51 and it is a killer concept with a center piece to revolve around." I will post more about it later right now I am running out of power

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
From what I know there is not a whole lot going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Area 69 ??

i think you have played to much gta san andreas

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Area S is where it's at.. I know because I work there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chrism91

Is this the same area S in which Bob Lazar refers to in his claims?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GERRY041284

The Lazar fairytale is about S-4. This is not to be confused with Site-4, which actually does exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable
Not sure how much of it i believed but it is well explained and sounds reasonably possible as an explanation for some events.

Well explained crap is... well, still crap.

See the smackdown Annie gets on her "book" here by Shadowhawk:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Who knows for sure what is really there. I doubt it's a research facility for flying saucers (that is done elsewhere). I do think the images on Google Maps are fake.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join