It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really at Area 51?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

What at A51?
Everything they don't want you to see.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by A51TR3B

The deal is you really can't watch Groom Lake. Certainly not at night when they do most testing. Even during the day, your best view is from 26 miles away. Then you need to consider the duty cycle of Tikaboo. That is, how many hours per year is it occupied. I camped out on TIkaboo once in November after the Nellis air show. Temps were below freezing at night at Groom based on the ATIS.. From November through March, pretty much nobody is on Tikaboo. In July and August, if the heat doesn't get you, the lightning will.

Essentially it is hard to duplicate the set up at Groom Lake. Even if a better place existed, the second you restrict the airspace, the explorers will be all over it. The NTTR gives Groom cover.

Groom will fly planes during the day, but nothing they don't care about you seeing. When I photographed the SU-27 from Groom, I think they wanted me to photograph it, just to point out to our enemies that the USAF is onto you. I'm not entirely sure why they let me photograph the F117A. Generally it is tough to photograph anything but Janets at Groom.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi there, I must say that this year will go into the Spanish Air Force deployed to Moron Air Base in Seville at 121 km of Naval Station Rota. In this base are 496 ABS y al 18th SSS USAF Squadrons, Ala 11 spanish wing with Eurofighter Typhoon aircrafts and several special aircrafts.

I was wondering if in Groom Lake (Detachment 3, AFFTC) there any official flight squadron assigned to that secret base, like Spanish Air Bases because I have seen that in Creech AFB, Nellis AFB American air bases and other sites there have integrated flight squadrons, at the air base in Groom Lake there a squadron or Flight Test Squadrons?

Regards.
edit on 7-9-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Area 51 is not it's real name. It's called Edwards Flight Test Center. If you want to know what is in that facility, you'll have to contact the military. Don't ask questions like "What's in the hangars?" Ask questions like "When was it built?" "Is that an aircraft testing base?" Don't go too far. Ask general questions and they'll tell you.
edit on 7-9-2012 by 1lionexPro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The National Classified Test Facility at Groom Lake, Nevada, is operated by Detachment 3 of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC). The wing commander at DET 3 reports directly to the AFTC commander at Edwards Air Force Base, California. DET 3 is comprised of groups and squadrons just like any other Air Force wing, though they are apparently not numbered units as is usually the case.

For example, at Edwards you have the 412th Operations Group but at Groom Lake it is simply called the Operations Group. At Edwards, you have the 416th Flight Test Squadron but at Groom Lake you have the Special Projects Flight Test Squadron. Some units at Groom Lake have cryptic names like Red Hats, Blackhats, and G.H.O.S.T. (also known as The Ghost Squadron).

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thought this was a good read

The True Story of Area 51: A Look at the Actual Evidence

The Lazar story, if true, seems to present one of three options. Officials brought Lazar in to work on the flying saucers not knowing that he would spill the beans, or it was a story they wanted out bad enough that they were willing to have every spy agency in the world to now pay close attention to what was going on at Area 51. The third most probable explanation is that they wanted the saucer story out but they misread what would happen. They thought the media would run its usual three day coverage, and the flying saucer story would get into the UFO world. Lastly, the public and the spies would lose interest after all the inconsistencies in Lazar’s story became public.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Don't you just maybe think since it was so called shut down that area 51 is so worldly known that it may be a cover for something bigger?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

hide your best secrets in open view.either that or disinfomation.take your pick

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
reply to post by Destinyone

I would prefer to hear what he thinks is at Area 69 first!!

Might be against T&C's, but I am all ears......

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The National Classified Test Facility at Groom Lake, Nevada, is operated by Detachment 3 of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC). The wing commander at DET 3 reports directly to the AFTC commander at Edwards Air Force Base, California. DET 3 is comprised of groups and squadrons just like any other Air Force wing, though they are apparently not numbered units as is usually the case.

For example, at Edwards you have the 412th Operations Group but at Groom Lake it is simply called the Operations Group. At Edwards, you have the 416th Flight Test Squadron but at Groom Lake you have the Special Projects Flight Test Squadron. Some units at Groom Lake have cryptic names like Red Hats, Blackhats, and G.H.O.S.T. (also known as The Ghost Squadron).

Blackhats is actually a new one on me. Is there some reading I can do, or if you could, post some detail on them?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Blackhats is the communications squadron. It traces its roots to an organization that was established at Area 51 in 1966 during project OXCART.

Currently, the best Area 51 history is available from Arcadia Publishing. It contains more than 200 photos and only documented, factual information without any guesswork, speculation, or conspiracy theories.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Blackhats is the communications squadron. It traces its roots to an organization that was established at Area 51 in 1966 during project OXCART.

Currently, the best Area 51 history is available from Arcadia Publishing. It contains more than 200 photos and only documented, factual information without any guesswork, speculation, or conspiracy theories.

Cheers, they have a great series going. Did a great book on the home-town airfield here as well. Didn't know they did one on Groom.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertWatchdog

The Blackhats are news to me, but I found one of their "challenge" coins for sale on ebay.

www.ebay.com... ms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D2471942682691543575%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D300783437965%26
Hopefully one of the above will work.
edit on 2-10-2012 by gariac because: (no reason given)

The photo isn't the greatest. If you look hard enough, you can see the cartoon stylization of a roadrunner bird. The feet are a storm of dust. Basically the mirror image of the badge below:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The answer is in plain sight, if you can decode it. Once you do, you'll probably wish you hadn't.

edit on 2-10-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

What is really at Area 51?,

Another Goverment created by he first people to have total contact with aliens,a goverment within this and the worlds goverment.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You ever looked at your neighbors garage/shed n wondered whats in their...? Same thing, NUNYA ..........

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Area 51... I wish I knew. My grandmother's brother had clearance there, or so the rumor went. He is now dead from bone cancer. Well, that was years ago. He certainly never told me anything about it, personally, nor would he ever talk about his time in the air force. However, my mother claims he told her that he did, in fact, see aliens, and that they "were like children". I don't really believe her, I'm sorry to say.

On another note, The Pixies wrote a song about it. I am wondering if anyone here understands the lyrics more than I can.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I never saw the video. Most of the meaning of the lyrics are summed up here:
www.songmeanings.net...

The late Bill Goodman had a radio show on KVEG. While most are familiar with "Coast to Coast AM", there have been a few similar radio shows out of Vegas over the years.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

They also test experimental gear over the Nellis range, not just the restricted Groom lake airspace. The WB-57 flew with callsign Sunshine 1 over the Nellis range a few years ago, entering the airspace using Bird Dog (DOE) rather than Blackjack (Nellis) or Groom approach. . It was full of sensors. They flew the same plane over Afghanistan allegedly to do a mineral survey, which they did publish. But the mineral locations in Afghanistan were well documented by the Soviets, so it was presumed the WB-57 was looking for something else.

The WB-57s are being used as BACN (such an unfortunate acronym) relays. That's why they have been repainted slightly, and have been in Afghanistan. The EQ-4B Global Hawk (the Bombardier Global Express BD-700 is the E-11A) that went down in Afghanistan in last year (or was it late 2010?) was one of the BACN platforms, with others being modified to carry the equipment. There are currently 3 Global Hawks and 3 E-11As (one of which is leased) capable or performing the mission, so they're using the WB-57s to supplement the fleet. They've been seen flying over Nellis during Red Flag recently, so it's believed that they have begun to integrate BACN into the exercises, to allow Allied forces to train with the system.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
The answer is in plain sight, if you can decode it. Once you do, you'll probably wish you hadn't.

edit on 2-10-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

They found the frozen Antichrist beast, they monitor it underneath the base, am I close, am I close?

If you know, don't act cool, tell us!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join