It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party Approves Strict Anti-abortion Platform - No Exceptions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Source

They have an agenda to overturn Roe v Wade. It's not just the extremists anymore. It's the official party platform.

The 110-member platform panel, meeting today in Tampa, Fla., passed a so-called Human Life Amendment that calls for a ban on abortion, without mention of the more common exceptions for victims of rape or incest.

“Faithful to the ‘self-evident’ truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed,” said platform language obtained by CNN. “We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.”

Seems Todd Akin just let the cat out of the bag. It looks to me as though he was just spouting the party platform, but apparently, they don't want anyone to know about it as they are calling for him to get out of his Senate race.

Human Life Amendment outlaws all abortions.

The abortion issue is set to make a comeback in the 2012 elections beyond the dust up of the Todd Akin “legitimate rape” comments on Sunday. Late yesterday CNN reported that a draft of the GOP platform language is calling for a Constitutional amendment to ban all abortion without explicit exemptions for rape or incest.

Many are saying that Todd Akin's blunder was more of a premature leak that they're trying to shut down. Romney may pretend to respect women's rights or to make an exception for rape and incest, but when the Party tells the boy to jump, I have no doubt that he will.

A Vote for a Republican president is a vote against women's rights.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is a Ron Paul thing too. The GOP wishes to outlaw abortion completely. They just dont have the balls to outright say it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Any other sources to this other than the one you posted???

This is what turns up when I do a search as to the organization in which you posted this from.............

Politic365 is the premier digital destination for politics and policy related to communities of color. Not only do we create a positive media outlet for the ...

Doesn't seem much more reliable than WND or Alex Jones, that I see so many people make fun of....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah, TPTB want Obama to have a second term!! Sorry cousins.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This would be good news if true, because it would mean the GOP finally has the balls to differentiate itself from the Dems. If you dont like it, vote for the Dems. Many people are getting disgusted of the Dems constant campaigning for Abortion and are looking for alternative, loving ways of relating to children.
edit on 21-8-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Google "human life amendment". Theres plenty of info out there.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Since there are not enough American people on food-stamps and American children living already in poverty, do not worry people the world has been created only 4000 years ago and so there is plenty of time for the US electorate to make mistakes, sad irony indeed

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Oh, I know. It's one of the main reasons I decided not to consider voting for Paul.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Are the US political parities not able to screen these people?

I doubt all republicans hold this belief, i just hope they elect the right official that best represents their constituents

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

This is good news because it means the GOP finally has the balls to differentiate itself from the Dems. If you dont like it, vote for the Dems. Many people are getting disgusted of the Dems constant campaigning for Abortion and are looking for alternative, loving ways of relating to children.

If you believe either party really gives a hoot about slave babies (you know, the babies that us tax paying slaves give birth too) your have really fallen for the propoganda that their is a difference between the two parties who's sole cause is to create division amongst the citizens of the United States of America........

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Politicians love to have campaign issues that have little to do with the actual running of the government.

Some right wingers will love this plank in their platform.

Many voters believe in a women's right to choose and will therefore vote for Obama.

I don't see how this helps the Republican ticket.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Thank you for pointing that one out! I googled it and it does nothing more than to confirm my beliefs that BOTH parties are playing us all against each other!

Don't you think that if the Republicans were as pro life as they say they are that they wouldn't allow corporations to put things harmful to us in our foods??? But NO, they follow their corporate masters! The same as the Democrats! The only difference between the two parties are the false beliefs that they use to separate humanity from achieving peace!

But fight on................I really enjoy the ridiculousness of those who make fun of religions while worshipping at the feet of those who wish nothing more than for your enslavement and death!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

How about Reuters? CNN?

There are many sources.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
these morons should be voted out on this issue alone

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is going to be a thorn in the Republican side if they choose this route. The divisions get deeper and deeper with each election cycle.

more links:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk... l
firstread.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How about Reuters? CNN?

There are many sources.

Thank you for putting those sources up Benevolent! I don't dislike you for who you are and I know I have argued with you in the past.

But here is what I am trying to get you folks to see.

If the Dems. felt so strongly about us humans (reguardless of gender) having the right to do what we want with our own bodies, then why has our current administration (and yes, I do know that it was the same with past ones) stomp the Constitution on States rights over people in CA who voted to legalize a plant for medical use and come in and tell the voters of that state that they can't do what they voted for????

See where I am going with this???? This is nothing more than political propoganda to make people choose which side they want to take.

If people who live in a state votes to legalize abortion, then so be it! Does the federal government have ANY right or power to trump that? NOPE, but they sure do it, don't they? Maybe not so much with abortions, but I love how the presidents pick and choose when something is a STATES right and something isn't..............

The federal government has bastardized the Constitution with corrupt laws!

If a person is not hurting anyone, then what business is it of the government (of either party) to step in and tell them that they are not allowed to do it anymore?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

“Faithful to the ‘self-evident’ truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed,”

Wow, quite the hiding religious based beliefs in patriotic wrappings. The only thing it's missing is little pop up American Flags.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

They chose this in 2004 and 2008 as well. Why Bush didn't more more on it I don't know - Was there a Democratic majority in the house then? Regardless, this agenda has been in place for many years, as the Republican party slides further and further right. Many more anti-abortion bills have been introduced in states. Now, it is the perfect time for them to make it happen. With a majority in the House, their chances of getting it passed are fantastic. Plus, their VP has a history of supporting legislation to overturn Roe V Wade. They are pushing this HARD!

916 anti-abortion measures in first 3 months of 2011

I find it interesting that they want to apply the 14th amendment to fetuses, but not fully-formed gay people. Go figure!
edit on 8/21/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So Democrats must love this, now the election will center on abortion / homosexuality and other issues that are secondary in importance. Now the focus is off the economy, jobs and the Democrats poor showing in fixing those issues in the past four years.

Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot.....and while I consider myself conservative, it is in matters like this why I don't support Republicans.

edit on 21-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So Democrats must love this, now the election will center on abortion / homosexuality and other issues that are secondary in importance.

To women, their health care options are VERY MUCH an important issue. The GOP agenda on contraception is wrapped up in this. They're trying to take away our rights to our own bodies. I know and agree that there are other issues of importance, but THIS IS IMPORTANT to many of us.

I'm not a Democrat. Never have been.
edit on 8/21/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join