It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Rock-The Movie.... The Greatest Story Never Told

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Giant Rock-The Movie
The Greatest Story Never Told

The initial mission of Giant Rock The Movie is to dramatize the nexus of an exceptional place and an exceptional person – the ancient sacred site of Giant Rock California, and extraterrestrial contactee, ufologist, author and metaphysics research leader George Van Tassel.

The vision of this project however stretches beyond Hollywood.

George Van Tassel was the founder of the modern UFO movement, and his legacy is significant, yet it is incomplete. Van Tassel died suddenly of a heart attack on February 9, 1978, just weeks before the scheduled completion of the Integratron, a project that was the culmination of his research and his interaction with off planet people. The purpose of the Integratron was cell rejuvenation and lifespan expansion, and access was to be free and open to all. Subsequent to Van Tassel’s death key components of the Integratron were removed by the Federal Government and the project was abandoned.

Just saw this today and was quite interested. Whether you believe VanTassel to be a huckster, a true contactee, or a little bit of both, I think the story still needs to be told. Ufology has a vast, complicated and somewhat exciting cast of characters from the past to the present, regardless if all the information was factual or not (inconsistent at best, as has been pointed out recently). The contactee movement of the 50-60’s is a large part of ufological history and deserves to be shown, if just for the history aspect only.

I certainly didn’t always feel this way and wrote all the contactees off as a bunch of hoaxers and con-men. I still don’t really believe much of what they’ve said, but as above, it’s interesting. Of course my biggest concern with a movie of this sort would be it alienating (no pun intended) this field of research even more and throwing many of us back into the wacko fringe topic crazy basket.

I am particularly interested in his prediction of the ’52 Washington DC fly-over, hadn’t really heard about that before, so any further info (other than Wiki which I’ve seen) is appreciated.

Today’s Giant Rock The Movie Press Release:
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Producers of GIANT ROCK THE MOVIE an Epic UFO Thriller based on the abduction/contactee phenomenon, has optioned the rights of the screenplay Giant Rock from Chad C. Meek the nephew of the late legendary American UFO pioneer George Vantassel. Hollywood veteran character actor and producer Kevin Gage who has acted with Robert De Niro, Demi Moore, Tom Hanks as well as Johnny Depp in the past states "that this has to be the Greatest Story Never Told."

Kevin Gage further states, "It is remarkable how sinister western governments were in their treatment toward the UFO contactees during the 50's and 60's." "There are precious few people who are alive today like Chad C. Meek who had a front row seat to the events that occurred out at Giant Rock." "It is through Chad's eyes that this story will unfold and the movie will be well worth the price of admission."

Giant Rock the Movie is based on the turbulent time period right after the 1947 Roswell UFO Incident and through the Washington D.C. saucer flap that Vantassel had pre-announced as the result of his UFO space channeling sessions. This pre-announcement that is documented via registered letters to both Government and major newspapers eventually put him on the cover of Life Magazine and at the forefront of the nascent UFO disclosure movement that began in the Mojave Desert.
www.prnewswire.com...

And yes of course they are asking for donations, you can actually donate your way into a cameo role in the movie!
giantrockthemovie.com...

edit on 21-8-2012 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Sounds more like another Fear and Loathing style movie.

Watch out! We're in BAT! Country!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

After the rock split it looks like an alien face and head.

Hopi shaman had known since before 1920 that the rebirth of the new 21st century could be foretold at Giant Rock. If the rock split in half the Earth Mother was disillusioned with man and would not accept the prayers given on behalf of mankind.

However if the rock split on the side relieving pressure on the Earth’s tectonic plates then man’s prayers were answered and a new era would be revealed. Although Giant Rock had not moved in a million years, the next morning a third of the rock split and broke away, exposing a gleaming white granite interior. The prophecy had been fulfilled.
here is the story, interesting

www.lucernevalley.net...
edit on 21-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Pretty good podcast from a year ago on Greg Bishop's "Radio Misterioso" regarding history of Frank Critzer, George Van Tassel, Giant Rock and the Integreton...featuring Barbara Harris, the president of the Morongo Basin Historical Society...

radiomisterioso.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads-up Tox.

It could be a good movie and especially if they manage to dredge up some unseen footage. The Contactee movement was like a practice session for the Summer of Love and they got it right in the 60s. It was all about world peace and love thy neighbour, but all wearing sensible shoes!

Oddly enough, the Washington fly-overs were predicted by an unnamed scientist according to Ed Ruppelt...

In some aspects the Washington National Sightings could be classed as a surprise - we used this as an excuse when things got fouled up - but in other ways they weren't. A few days prior to the incident a scientist, from an agency that I can't name, and I were talking about the build-up of reports along the east coast of the United States. We talked for about two hours, and I was ready to leave when he said that he had one last comment to make - a prediction. From his study of the UFO reports that he was getting from Air Force Headquarters, and from discussions with his colleagues, he said that he thought that we were sitting right on top of a big keg full of loaded flying saucers. "Within the next few days," he told me, and I remember that he punctuated his slow, deliberate remarks by hitting the desk with his fist, "they're going to blow up and you're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings. The sighting will occur in Washington or New York," he predicted, "probably Washington."

The trend in the UFO reports that this scientist based his prediction on hadn't gone unnoticed. We on Project Blue Book had seen it, and so had the people in the Pentagon; we all had talked about it.
Link

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for that, forgot about that in Ruppelt's book. Just another tidbit that makes you go, hmmmm...

Still wondering if I'll get the mug and movie poster also with this package, or maybe a group discount to include my kids also. Ive got long hair, sandals and an old VW bus, perfect for a period piece...
No need for transpo, we're less than a 2hr drive from Giant Rock...

Visual Part in Giant Rock The Movie
A chance to be be in the movie for only $233! This package also includes breakfast and lunch with the stars on set. This premium is our best value.
(Air,Lodging,Transportation not included)
Contribution: $233

link

edit on 22-8-2012 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Sounds tempting!

Did you listen to Greg Bishop's interview with Damon Packard? It was on Misterioso a couple of weeks ago. It might put you off wanting to be in the movie - lots of troubles and hassles. I think it was Greg who once said he'd been in the Integratron and that it was very relaxing in there.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Sounds tempting!

Did you listen to Greg Bishop's interview with Damon Packard? It was on Misterioso a couple of weeks ago. It might put you off wanting to be in the movie - lots of troubles and hassles. I think it was Greg who once said he'd been in the Integratron and that it was very relaxing in there.

Actually I did, finished up listening to the last hour just last night (threw up a link to it in the Foxfur thread). I'm familiar with the "troubles and hassles" as I did commercials and some other TV work when I was a kid. It was actually a blast, if you don't mind waiting around a lot, basically being on-call, and hanging out with a bunch of kooky narcissistic people...

Too bad the Integretron never got finished and the plans were "lost", would've been really cool completed. Even unfinished I guess the acoustics are phenomenal. I think Bishop did some music there as well as a few other bands, artists...
edit on 22-8-2012 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It wasn't the best interview (frequent dead air pauses) he's done although some parts were great. I didn't know that stuff about Sly's son - bad news.

Maybe you could e-mail the producers and get some clear answers about stepping up? Whatever happens, I'm definitely looking forward to this coming out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That's why I didn't listen to it all at once. Took a few listens going back over it since I occasionally tuned-out. I'll be watching to see how this all plays out. The whole, donations, donations, donations, plea doesn't exactly sit to well. I think I'd rather donate to Kimball's latest project first,,,

new topics

top topics

join