It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation and Evolution - The Amalgamate Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Good Evening ATS members.

In my Introduction post as some of my new found Philosophical friends will remember, i did say i would post some of my theories of Christian Atheism and what i have learned and started to theorize based on my own thoughts and feelings on the journey i have taken trying to find answers to my questions. In this post i will explain my belief on the Amalgamate Theory of Creation and Evolution and why both can exist.

Many of the posts i have read here in my years of observing, i have seen allot of difference of opinions on these two separate subjects and for the next ten minutes if you please, i would like you to take the time to read my theory with an open mind and not just read a few sentences and decide "I must post my views and feelings and take this down" As stated this is only a theory and i would please ask you to respect it as such and not bash it. It's only an idea of explanation to one of the many many questions we ask.

Feedback, Constructive Criticism and Objections are welcomed. Please be polite.

Let's clear some things up before we begin. If you missed my introduction thread i stated the following.

I believe in God who is an all powerful creator.
I believe in Evolution
I believe in Aliens
I believe in some sort of after life
I believe in the advancement of the Human race and that we will all unite one day.
My beliefs have led me to be mocked and outcast, which is why i fit in with all you other nutters that don't follow the norm. Anyway let's begin.

Creation and Evolution - The Amalgamate Theory

Two opposing sides of completely different ideas can be made when we realize i few truths.

Number 1: Evolution through scientific means has proven the Earth was born over millions and millions of years and yet Religion tells us that the Universe and all creation was born in a mere seven days. How can each be correct and made to be Unified? Two words which sound stupid together but can be meaningful if thought of logically. "God Days" - We see time as much as our minds can handle, Time is not measured in any means. You may say clocks measure time but the objective measure of a clock, is another clock. Using the cycle of day and night in our little corner of the universe in a vast galaxy where time exists differently. We measure our time, What we know and are used to. Why do we so arrogantly assume an all powerful creator uses the same time we do? To an all powerful God millions of years to us may indeed be only 7 days for this creator. What we know and how long we have been around is only a blink of an eye for our creator. Time is meaningless in the vast darkness that surrounds us and we are still so young compared to what lays around us.

Number 2: Separation in species. So fish walked on land and evolved into species one after another over millions of years to create what we now know as humans. One thing is missing from this theory and that is the link between Ape and Man. Let's take a further look back into this through and do not compare these two species for every species is unique and also has missing links. Creationists always use that argument that because we can't find the link it means it's false as evolutionists think logically how can we just appear in existence? both of these theories however are correct. The reason we can't find the link is the same reason we can't find the link between Shark and Dolphin, Snakes and Lizards, Lions and Tigers. Where is the link to show how one species evolved into two? There isn't one, just as their isn't a link between Ape and Man. My Theory is we were all created and we all take our evolution separately. One species does not change into another, It grows separate. The bird becomes the Eagle through evolution just ask the mouse becomes the rat dealing with harsher conditions. Black skin becomes white skin as we explore our planet and man rockets to the moon as our mind evolves. We don't turn from one species into another, we become a greater species in ourselves. No links exist, We just adapt and appear different.

Number 3: When i was younger i was watching a documentary between an Atheist and a Catholic, The Atheist said "If we we're here first, Who made the Dinosaurs?" The Catholic replied "They were put here to test our faith" (I do believe that was my first ever face palm) As i pondered on this question my journey lead me to the same answer as truth two. Evolution. A species before us did evolve one by one. Not from one to another but differently and then a huge rock from space came and destroyed them all leaving behind evidence which we now call fossils. Creation and Evolution can explain what happened next. If an all powerful creator knew of this event then why would they place such beautiful and intelligent creations to be killed? Instead this all powerful God waited until the Earth was ready before we placed us here in "The Garden of Eden" now imagine if we could observe a planet over billions of years, A meteor strikes and we watch what happens next. I bet the planet would be as beautiful as Earth and so lush with greenery and be a Paradise and an Eden to behold in all it's glory. Then Place Man and Women to live on this planet knowing disaster would not come until the point we could defend from it. Our logic compared to an all powerful creator is not even close. Grand plans were set into place and in our Creation we continued with Evolution. Why are their fossils? Because they were here before us. Creationists need to learn this. We were not the first and most likely were not the last either. (Alien Theory, Different topic)

Creation and Evolution can work together if we don't fight and think for a moment. There's so many great minds here on ATS and it should be clear to an educated and logical thinker that both can work together if you ask the question "How?" and find the answers. We were created and we are Evolving, We were never Apes we were just allot less intelligent than we are now. In one million years a spider monkey will not evolve into a chimpanzee, They will evolves separably into two amazing more intelligent special just as we will evolve into a better species. It's evolution at work governed by an all powerful creator. We are not alone so never feel we are. There's so much more than this little rock in space. We need to stop thinking that we know so much when we really know so little. The answers will come, But in God time not ours, We can't even begin to fathom what's in store for us but i hope we will all face it together.

I hope you enjoyed my theory and as always I'm looking forward to your answers as it helps me open up my mind to more possibilities and helps with my research and journey to find answers.

Time is precious and i thank you for sharing yours with me.

The Christian Atheist.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theChristianatheist

There are many Christians that believe just what you have so eloquently theorized, I being one of them.

There is little doubt that God's concept of the passage of time does not jive with the human concept of time.

That doesn't bother me a bit. Not my job to second guess "The Big Guy".

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

With all due respect, im not sure if you understand the stance of evolution in contrast to creation.

Evolution is change over time. That is all it is. Evolution only explains what happens to life once it is there, it does not explain the origins of life and how we got here. Life changes over time, this has been proven to be true. Evolution and creation can co exist, evolution does not threaten creationism. It does however jeopardize creationist mythology, ie: all religion, but not the idea of creation from a supernatural deity per se.

Abiogenesis is the scientific field which investigates the origins of life. This is a new field and its being findings are in its infancy. We have discovered several ways in which life can arise naturally. Unfortunately, we will likely never know our origins, which is to say the specific method upon which life developed naturally, (unless one believes in God of course)

Question: Your name, is it just a name, or do you consider yourself a Christian Atheist? Because that to me seems illogical and contradictory.
edit on 21-8-2012 by ztruthseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Your username is Christian Athiest, and you say that you believe in God as a Creator. I have to ask where does scripture fit in? And Christ Jesus? I ask because scripture is clear - that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob created Adam and Eve from Adam, approximately 6,000 ears ago. No "evolution" of Adamkind has taken place within that timeframe. You must refute this yet call yourself Christian knowing that scripture clearly likens Jesus as a second Adam. There is an unbroken chain of descendants from Adam to Jesus. You either believe that or call scripture a falsehood. Just trying to figure out why you feel the need to justify in your mind an idea generated from the whore of Babylon's false religions? Is it that you are an athiest who wants to believe Jesus, or are you a Christian who wants to stay in Babylon?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I will read this later...but I am pretty sure a Christian Atheist is an oxymoron...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Creation and Evolution can explain what happened next. If an all powerful creator knew of this event then why would they place such beautiful and intelligent creations to be killed? Instead this all powerful God waited until the Earth was ready before we placed us here in "The Garden of Eden"

Why did 1/3 of this "all powerful" God's heavenly population band together to rebel against him? Why did God "plant" the Garden of Eden" on the same planet that he gave to the rebel leader? Why did God leave his children unattended in the garden while Satan defiled them? Why did he allow these "fallen angels" to beguile and rape the daughters of Eve, who gave birth to monsters to who tortured the sons of Adam?

Now, if you say that the God of the Old Testament was the lead scientist, and Eden, Adam and Eve were experiments, I would accept that as a valid theory. If Satan and the angels were members of his team that disagreed with the way it was going and made some changes without his consent, I would accept that as a valid theory. But I can't accept the idea of a GOD stepping foot on planet earth and playing with DNA and have things go so wrong.

I can accept the idea of Jesus being born from a virgin, working miracles and raising from the dead only if the alien theory is in play. I can't accept that God would send his son, through manipulating and innocent and unsuspecting teen age girl productive parts, to have him murdered by an angry mob, to save me from his own wrath.

I think a Christian is someone who follows the teaching of Jesus and the title doesn't require any other prerequisite of belief in the scripture, the God of the OT, the virgin birth, the miracles, or the resurrection. Quakers are a good example of a Christian sect that didn't believe in any of those things, but did believe that Jesus brought the teachings of how to live a life of "bringing heaven to earth." One might call them Christian atheists because they rejected the deification of Jesus, but embraced his teachings.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm pretty sure that it's all-of-the-above, and that Jesus is also God (still is), who accomplished a whole host of things on a whole variety of different levels including protecting us from predation by ANY power and principality, such that in him there is nothing that can separate a person, a whole person from the love of God (the whole thing). It's like a massively erupting waterspout and fountain of living water out of the top of the pyramid of life, such that everything of value is preserved and held within the flow of life meeting life and everything of no value, washed down the drain. People are either in this fountain enjoying what God offers us through the son, or, slip sliding away, until they find themselves in a desert of thirst, only to eventually come to their sences and chart a return path back to the center and the source, except now with a smile on their face, instead of a frown and/or crying (or both).

Come freely all who thirst and let all who hear say come and freely drink the living water, of the flow of eternal life. Amen.

It's not something to speculate about from arms length. You are either in the fountain of living water, or you're not, your either drinking it in deeply, or getting increasingly thirsty for what God has in store.

As to evolution, this is an evolutionary principal, which is symbolized in Christ's death and resurrection.

That it (the Great Work) was written into the creation from the beginning of this universe, only goes to show that God is in complete control of time and space and was all along, and still more mysteriously, that the son was always with him whereby God is a God of love and love to be love must include two or more, a beloved and beloved other.

But you can't write Jesus off as merely a good moral teacher - he didn't leave any room for that. With him it's all-or-nothing, and you either fall in love, eventually, or lose your own sense of humor and charm in your steadfast refusal to do so.

edit on 21-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: of love.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Well, I don't believe that Jesus is God, or that the guy from the Old Testament is God either.

I do believe in God, though, and a spiritual hierarchy. I believe that we are all spiritual beings having a physical experience, and that we all part of the cosmic "ocean" that is God.

I believe that Jesus was a man, and that the "Christ" is an archetype that we all share. I believe in reincarnation, and that the journey of the soul is "The Great Work." Christ represents a "cross roads" of that journey.

When we signed up for this "work" we knew that the contract required that for life to exist it must die. Life consumes life. We all dive into this gravity well and make the sacrifice of leaving the safe confines of unity in the cosmic ocean of god, to be separate, alone and striving. We are challenged to rise above our fear and loneliness to bring unity and continuity to a chaotic space, and remember who we really are. The Christ.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I used to believe almost exactly like you, until I discovered in Jesus Christ the love of God, but made manifest in human form, and then I went oh? it's that good eh, is that what we were ultimately made for, and then I become a little discombobulated by the magnitude of it's implications for us as human beings, whereby the Christ-mind/heart you speak of, arises from a mutual sharing with the living God in him and through him in spirit. It's almost the same thing as what you're talking about, except not one step removed, more intimate, and therefore more curative relative to whatever ails us, even and perhaps most especially where that ailment lurks inside of our own blindspot, about ourselves. But being the perfect gentleman, he doesn't get any closer than we allow him, and he doesn't take away or add anything that we don't request be taken away or added. What you end up with my version of Jesus, is a smile running through you like a living stream of living water, which is the flow of life in life meeting life as the simplicity on the far side of complexity, and the unity that transcends duality, except as something incorruptible coming to us from the Absolute, even as the same love God had/has for the son, for us, who are given the power through the Great Work of Jesus Christ to also become children of God and co-inheritors of the Kingdom of God, which is a spiritual hieararchy that comes from above to what is low, like a hand reaching down to lift us up, even where need be, out of the pit that we might have been at one time mired in. I don't need to evade the truth any more, nor hang on to my "beliefs" not that I'm mocking yours or saying that you're not entitled to them, but those are just beliefs, whereas I'm talking about the knowledge of actual experience, which can be very humbling, and that's ok, because for some of us, that's precisely what is needed in order for us to begin to develop an appreciation for the higher things that God has in store and in mind for us, as the Great Work to be that we are as a work in progress on the path of progress towards an image and a pattern of perfection where there is no amount of Christ that can ever ruin an individual's personality (that always makes me laugh to say that).

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I like your thoughts, although I don't see God as a figure or singular. We are everything, everything exists because we exist. The whole universe with everything in it is us and we are it. Consciousness created all that exists. It is intelligent and knowing. If you look at the world that way it all makes sense.

Peace HMHA

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I've had spiritual experiences that were earth shattering and that literally took my knees out from under me. I know of the cosmic smile and laughter of which you speak. I know that I am not alone and that my eternity is now. I understand the imagery you present.

I just can't behind the man Jesus as being the only way, or the one responsible for our journey. He may very well have been an ascended master, come for the purpose of helping us, and his spirit may still linger with us.

There are very strong and powerful beings with us that are mostly unperceivable, that are not of this Earth, by definition, and maybe one of them incarnated as a human, in order to help us. But, I doubt that he would want us to worship him.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I think he wanted to wake us up and freak us out a bit both at the same time. But there's a reason that I've come to realize that he was the real deal, which doesn't belittle our own journey by any means, only increase the strength and the power of the arm of God that saves us and uplifts us, to be and to become what we were intended to be and become. Recognizing Jesus as the son of God, by his signs and wonders, one of which could not be understood or interpreted until modern times, being of a physical material, astonomical nature, doesn't belittle us in any way shape or form, no it's absolutely exalting in its humility, making of us also children of God, sons of God, children of light and love, for REAL because of who he really was and what he did. Angels and the beings you speak of move in relation to us on account of HIM, and in him and through him we can move mountains and get to be angels to others. Knocking Jesus down a peg because you just can't fathom him as God-in-the-flesh, isn't uplifting, but from what I've come to discover, neither is it based in truth and reality. Remember - what does it say about US, that he is this wonderment who said "even as my father hath first sent me, even so send I you."...? What I'm referring to is by many orders of magnitude more astonishing in its implications AND I"m offering imperical evidence and proof to support it, it's not about "belief" you see, but reason, even scientific inquiry.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'm with you on a spiritual level, but I just can't really get behind the Biblical Jesus. Sorry.

It doesn't add to my spiritual experience. Jesus has not come to me and affected a spiritual experience. Others have though, so if Jesus comes to you, great. He isn't one of my spiritual guides.

Don't get me wrong. I tried. I was raised in a Pentecostal environment, and I believed in Jesus with all my heart. Nothing! I didn't start feeling the spiritual experiences that transformed me until I declared myself an atheist. Then I met God.

If my heart was open enough to have a meeting with GOD, I don't see why Jesus didn't appear all those years that I prayed to him.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

There are many Christians that believe just what you have so eloquently theorized, I being one of them.

There is little doubt that God's concept of the passage of time does not jive with the human concept of time.

That doesn't bother me a bit. Not my job to second guess "The Big Guy".

This is true although meeting many Christians around the world i am still surprised how most lack the logic to also understand this concept.
It's obvious that we do not see time as our creator. even the way we think we cannot begin to comprehend how an all powerful God comprehends things.

Thank you for your reply littled16. It's very much appreciated.

Originally posted by ztruthseeker

With all due respect, im not sure if you understand the stance of evolution in contrast to creation.

Evolution is change over time. That is all it is. Evolution only explains what happens to life once it is there, it does not explain the origins of life and how we got here. Life changes over time, this has been proven to be true. Evolution and creation can co exist, evolution does not threaten creationism. It does however jeopardize creationist mythology, ie: all religion, but not the idea of creation from a supernatural deity per se.

Abiogenesis is the scientific field which investigates the origins of life. This is a new field and its being findings are in its infancy. We have discovered several ways in which life can arise naturally. Unfortunately, we will likely never know our origins, which is to say the specific method upon which life developed naturally, (unless one believes in God of course)

Question: Your name, is it just a name, or do you consider yourself a Christian Atheist? Because that to me seems illogical and contradictory.
edit on 21-8-2012 by ztruthseeker because: (no reason given)

No disrespect taken truthseeker and you are correct that i do not understand all in evolution just what is available right now. I will however say thank you for introducing me to this term "Abiogenesis" I have never heard the term before and after a quick search it raises many interesting and note worthy topics and points that i will look into.
As for the answer to your question, i do consider myself a Christian Atheist and unknown to most, the majority of people who follow religion in a non fanatical everyday way are in themselves also Christian Atheists. Please do not take the term as a litaral term. One believes in god and one does not. The term Christian Athesist is one who believes but also searches for truth and contradicts allot of what's in religion in order to expand the understanding and become closer to truth. I consider myself a child of God and do attend church and pray and read the bible but in most of my everyday life i do live as an Atheist and question everything. Many people today call themselves religious but no not live like god exists. They believe but do not live in the way we are told we must. These are what my community call Christian Atheists and as i was taught by a very well educated pastor, Questioning brings truth so don't feel guilty for wanting to understand more. As he told me when i started my journey, the answers i find would bring me closer to God and he was right. I have a very deep and solid faith because of my questions. I hope this answers your question and please feel free to ask anything else.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Your username is Christian Athiest, and you say that you believe in God as a Creator. I have to ask where does scripture fit in? And Christ Jesus? I ask because scripture is clear - that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob created Adam and Eve from Adam, approximately 6,000 ears ago. No "evolution" of Adamkind has taken place within that timeframe. You must refute this yet call yourself Christian knowing that scripture clearly likens Jesus as a second Adam. There is an unbroken chain of descendants from Adam to Jesus. You either believe that or call scripture a falsehood. Just trying to figure out why you feel the need to justify in your mind an idea generated from the whore of Babylon's false religions? Is it that you are an athiest who wants to believe Jesus, or are you a Christian who wants to stay in Babylon?

What a fantastic question WhoKnows100. My answer here is still not found but i will tell you where i stand in my journey right now with this.
The scriptures of the Bible have been written one by one over a vast amount of time. Each time one is written it is sometimes hundreds of years apart from the last and applies to that time in perticulor. Althought the scriptures reveal allot of truths and wonderful holy stories i can't fathom that all are fact. If everything was true and God spoke to man over thousands of years, why then does the church deny us certain scriptures? 3-4 chapters in the bible have been taken away as they contradict the belife and also words have been twisted and changed to serve the purpose of man. I believe the scripture has some truths but how can we as an educated race begin to believe in them when more have been denied from us? Who is man to question the word of God?
Seriously speaking now if someone written a new verse in the bible that applied to people in the 20th century and said something like "As man grows so must the laws. What applied 2000 years ago does no londer applies today, You may not beat your wives. You are allowed to be homosexual as it is more understood. While my children grow i will also grow and allow them more" What are the chances the church would just throw it straight out of the window? I believe words are used to suit their needs and a man should find his journey with God and understanding with people who are like minded as he is. The scriptures are real and were written to guide us through a perticular time. But don't be told how to interpret them, Do it yourself and find God within the words. So in short i believe in Scripture but i believe it's now used as a tools rather than truth and must be updated to a modern time so we can apply god in our lives today and not 2000 years ago.

Originally posted by abeverage
I will read this later...but I am pretty sure a Christian Atheist is an oxymoron...

Many of my Theories are contradictions being joined by two opposing sides that i try to make sense of. Such as Dinasaurs and Man, The Universe and Religion, Christian and Athesism. Oxymoron is a a term that is used to describe someone who contradicts himself and/or other things. Just as many of the great thinkers before our science did before their theories were proven right. the Earth is round, We revolve the sun, The galaxy is a spiraling nebula (which we now know as galaxies) it's funny how Oxymorons are proven correct over time, I'm not saying i am but i am just laying a new foundation of Theories for people who enjoy eating up new ideas.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Creation and Evolution can explain what happened next. If an all powerful creator knew of this event then why would they place such beautiful and intelligent creations to be killed? Instead this all powerful God waited until the Earth was ready before we placed us here in "The Garden of Eden"

Why did 1/3 of this "all powerful" God's heavenly population band together to rebel against him? Why did God "plant" the Garden of Eden" on the same planet that he gave to the rebel leader? Why did God leave his children unattended in the garden while Satan defiled them? Why did he allow these "fallen angels" to beguile and rape the daughters of Eve, who gave birth to monsters to who tortured the sons of Adam?

Now, if you say that the God of the Old Testament was the lead scientist, and Eden, Adam and Eve were experiments, I would accept that as a valid theory. If Satan and the angels were members of his team that disagreed with the way it was going and made some changes without his consent, I would accept that as a valid theory. But I can't accept the idea of a GOD stepping foot on planet earth and playing with DNA and have things go so wrong.

I can accept the idea of Jesus being born from a virgin, working miracles and raising from the dead only if the alien theory is in play. I can't accept that God would send his son, through manipulating and innocent and unsuspecting teen age girl productive parts, to have him murdered by an angry mob, to save me from his own wrath.

I think a Christian is someone who follows the teaching of Jesus and the title doesn't require any other prerequisite of belief in the scripture, the God of the OT, the virgin birth, the miracles, or the resurrection. Quakers are a good example of a Christian sect that didn't believe in any of those things, but did believe that Jesus brought the teachings of how to live a life of "bringing heaven to earth." One might call them Christian atheists because they rejected the deification of Jesus, but embraced his teachings.

A very interesting way to observe things. I do believe as you that the Alien Theory fits in our history somewhere, The scripture of Enoch was denied from the bible but i have read and no other explination except Aliens fits what Enoch saw, Enoch also knew of Pluto and how many planets were in our solar system long before we did. I buy into your premis that it fits into our history.
To your question of topics such as the Virgin Birth and sending Jesus to die, some parts yes some parts no, As always you'll find with me i never give 100% to something written until i can logically find a reason. Here's what i have one these two so far. The Virgin birth and the impregnantion of a virgin was something done for some special reason, The fact she was a virgin may hold some purity value we as humans do not yet understand which gave Jesus some extra stance compared to most. Maybe God impregnanted a virgin to get peoples attention, Like Ace Ventura when he came out of the Rhino in that twisted birth scene, Maybe something was needed to turn heads of man. If Mary said "Oh no I'm married and this is my husbands child which god has blessed" they would turn and walk away, But if Mary said "My child is a gift from God and has been given to me Mary the virgin" people (then) would pay some attention.
I'm still torn between the death Jesus and have not found anything yet which i was able Theorize on why except that a bunch of men on a power trip of the church decided to destroy something to prove themselves still the heads of the community and the death was used as a means to make his followers feel at ease. I do believe something in the grand plan with Jesus was to bring the word of God to earth i just don't believe he was supposed to die.
I also believe in the teachings but disbleieve allot of the fairy tales and nonesense thrown in to promote fear to give certain men power. These men are still in power and have denied us the right to understand our existance to ensure their own security.
edit on 22-8-2012 by theChristianatheist because: quoting edit

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
I like your thoughts, although I don't see God as a figure or singular. We are everything, everything exists because we exist. The whole universe with everything in it is us and we are it. Consciousness created all that exists. It is intelligent and knowing. If you look at the world that way it all makes sense.

Peace HMHA

Thank you hmhf, What a refreshing concept you have. Scientically proven our observation and consiousness can change the world around us in so many ways.

To Windword and NewageMan, I really enjoyed reading your debate and talk, two seporate opinions being spoken without the "I'm right your wrong" factor just "My opinion your opinion" This and you two are the reason i came to ATS, so we could share discussions such as this. While i enjoy NewageMans philosophy i do however agree with what Windword believes. Biblical Jesus in our time is made up of stories with allot of nonesense thrown in. The words are wise and a great basis for living your life but all should not be taken as litaral truth and only be taken one way. Each verse can be interpreted a hundred ways and one of those ways applies to a problem we face. We face different problems and interpret the meaning different depending on that problem. Every Christian does this wether they know it or not so how can we think litaral? I don't believe in the wrath of God, I think an all powerful being who created us would not act this way towards us after giving us free will that let's us do bad things. I think it's a learning process and we have been learning for thousands of years. One day we will be united and one day we will stomp our opressors and that in itself is godly bahaviour, To overcome and unite is godly and is the plan in motion right now. I also do not believe in the ned of days where all life will cease to exists and we all go to heaven together, I think Heaven is right here on Earth, This is our Paradise and the Universe is Heaven where we can explore and meet new races. I believe "Life as we know it" will cease and new life will come where we will live differently but ultimatly we will live it as equals. Just my opinion and philosophy.

I'm looking forward to more replies.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I am happy to see someone who does not think that there is Conflict between Scientific Facts and ones belief in a GOD. I will respect your beliefs but I will ask you these questions. Although it is apparent that you have not completely garnished an understanding of what some of the Science Dictates in your post...you have at least left your mind open for things that some of Faith discount as not true...even though it is.

The main thought I have is that if a person has a soul then once a person has passed...a Soul would not have any restraints of the Human Body thus the concept that some people have of a Heaven in a sense that they will materialize in some Paradise of the Human Minds Concept of what Paradise would be for what they do not realize...a Soul of a person separated from Earthly Constraints would actually be.

I have to laugh when I hear some people say...I will die and go to Heaven and I will have a Body and etc...etc...
This makes no sense as well as a concept of HELL. If we were Created by a GOD through whatever process and Evolution is no longer a Theory but a FACT as we have mapped not only the Human Genome but many, many other species and we all have in common a Specific Viral DNA that is within all species as this is leftover DNA from a Virus that Infected the First Group of Single Celled Animals. A virus has DNA but is not alive. The people who won the Nobel Award for their work in Virology won in the CHEMISTRY CATEGORY as a VIRUS is NOT LIVING but yet it is a very good way to show people how something that is just a Molecule can act very much in the same way LIFE DOES! Thus...this encoding in all life forms of this SPECIFIC VIRAL DNA...PROVES the fact we ALL CAME FROM THE SAME SINGLE CELLED ANIMAL and all life on Earth EVOLVED from that First Animal.

So if there is a GOD and this GOD used EVOLUTION to CREATE HUMANS than even with Free Will...this GOD gave us the ability to make EVIL CHOICES as well as GOOD CHOICES. Thus there can be no HELL as it is not our fault that we were made this way. PLUS...if you get into QUANTUM MECHANICS and DIVERGENT ALTERNATE UNIVERSAL REALITIES...as the particles that make us up such as the Protons and Neutrons in the Nucleus of an Atoms that make up our Body...these Protons and Neutrons are made of Smaller Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Gluons, Leptons...etc. These particles like say a QUARK are in a constant state of NUMERICAL AND UNIVERSAL EXISTING FLUX...as the number of Quarks inside a Proton or Neutron can exist in any numerical Quantity as long as it is not greater than a specific Maximum or less than a certain Minimum. In between these...they can exist in any number and BLINK IN AND OUT of our Universal Existence. This means that there is a MULTIVERSE. Within a Multiverse every possible version of YOU or ME EXISTS thus there is a version of you and I that are Good and a version of You and I that are EVIL. As well as every variation of in between ratio's of how good or evil or neither. THUS...a MULTIVERSE means EVERY POSSIBILITY MUST EXIST. Thus there is a Universal Reality with a GOD and there is a Universal Reality without a GOD as well as Universes with variations we cannot begin to understand. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I am happy to see someone who does not think that there is Conflict between Scientific Facts and ones belief in a GOD. I will respect your beliefs but I will ask you these questions. Although it is apparent that you have not completely garnished an understanding of what some of the Science Dictates in your post...you have at least left your mind open for things that some of Faith discount as not true...even though it is.

The main thought I have is that if a person has a soul then once a person has passed...a Soul would not have any restraints of the Human Body thus the concept that some people have of a Heaven in a sense that they will materialize in some Paradise of the Human Minds Concept of what Paradise would be for what they do not realize...a Soul of a person separated from Earthly Constraints would actually be.

I have to laugh when I hear some people say...I will die and go to Heaven and I will have a Body and etc...etc...
This makes no sense as well as a concept of HELL. If we were Created by a GOD through whatever process and Evolution is no longer a Theory but a FACT as we have mapped not only the Human Genome but many, many other species and we all have in common a Specific Viral DNA that is within all species as this is leftover DNA from a Virus that Infected the First Group of Single Celled Animals. A virus has DNA but is not alive. The people who won the Nobel Award for their work in Virology won in the CHEMISTRY CATEGORY as a VIRUS is NOT LIVING but yet it is a very good way to show people how something that is just a Molecule can act very much in the same way LIFE DOES! Thus...this encoding in all life forms of this SPECIFIC VIRAL DNA...PROVES the fact we ALL CAME FROM THE SAME SINGLE CELLED ANIMAL and all life on Earth EVOLVED from that First Animal.

So if there is a GOD and this GOD used EVOLUTION to CREATE HUMANS than even with Free Will...this GOD gave us the ability to make EVIL CHOICES as well as GOOD CHOICES. Thus there can be no HELL as it is not our fault that we were made this way. PLUS...if you get into QUANTUM MECHANICS and DIVERGENT ALTERNATE UNIVERSAL REALITIES...as the particles that make us up such as the Protons and Neutrons in the Nucleus of an Atoms that make up our Body...these Protons and Neutrons are made of Smaller Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Gluons, Leptons...etc. These particles like say a QUARK are in a constant state of NUMERICAL AND UNIVERSAL EXISTING FLUX...as the number of Quarks inside a Proton or Neutron can exist in any numerical Quantity as long as it is not greater than a specific Maximum or less than a certain Minimum. In between these...they can exist in any number and BLINK IN AND OUT of our Universal Existence. This means that there is a MULTIVERSE. Within a Multiverse every possible version of YOU or ME EXISTS thus there is a version of you and I that are Good and a version of You and I that are EVIL. As well as every variation of in between ratio's of how good or evil or neither. THUS...a MULTIVERSE means EVERY POSSIBILITY MUST EXIST. Thus there is a Universal Reality with a GOD and there is a Universal Reality without a GOD as well as Universes with variations we cannot begin to understand. Split Infinity

What a very interesting and insightful read that was, I enjoyed it so much i read it twice. Thank you SplitInfinity. It's a very interesting idea and the Multiverse theory is something i have studied but not to this extent. The possibility that there's an infinite number of Universes with infinite outcomes does seem logical to a free thinking person but that is only one of many many theories.

new topics

top topics

join