It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan - Ron Paul - Confusing the Voters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is going to be a short post, but does anyone else think it's curious how closely similar-sounding the names "Paul Ryan" and "Ron Paul" are? Any chance that Paul Ryan was chosen as the vice president nominee by Romney in order to confuse a few thousand people? Every time I'm reading the thread titles on ATS and I see Paul Ryan mentioned, for a split second it looks as if it were Ron Paul. Maybe this is very far-fetched, but I do find it just a little bit suspicious. What do you think?
edit on 21-8-2012 by 2manyquestions because: Title edit.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe, but i think its just coincidence

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If Ron Paul were popular then maybe you could say they were hoping people would be confused but, I do not think they trying to trick anyone unless they are courting the ATS vote.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So... for your conspiracy to be true... you are counting on a decisive(enough to bridge the massive gap) amount of voters who support Ron Paul, to get him confused with Paul Ryan so that Ron Paul doesn't win because they voted for Ryan because they confused him for Paul?

edit on 21-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

you cant deny that ron paul holds the key to the youth vote, the military vote and the independants.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by MrSpad

you cant deny that ron paul holds the key to the youth vote, the military vote and the independants.

I absolutely can deny that. His views and supporters are a very small subset of a subset of supporters. His poor primary performance against a pack of the weakest candidates seen in years shows where his support level is.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
So... for your conspiracy to be true... you are counting on a decisive(enough to bridge the massive gap) amount of voters who support Ron Paul, to get him confused with Paul Ryan so that Ron Paul doesn't win because they voted for Ryan because they confused him for Paul?

edit on 21-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

To be honest I don't know what I'm thinking. Maybe it's something subconscious, but in my mind it's just such a coincidence that the two names sound so similar. Two first names as the full name, they both start with a "P" and an "R", they both have "Paul" in their name, no middle names as far as the way it's mentioned in the media,..... There may not be any conspiracy at all, but on the other hand I have to wonder.

People say that Ron Paul does not have enough of a following, but as far as we know he's got the majority of delegates in at least five states. I wouldn't say he doesn't have enough followers to make a difference, because in fact he does. He's got enough to make Romney worry, otherwise the Republican Party wouldn't have their panties in a bunch over the delegate situation. They'd let things be and they'd stop trying to change their own rules at the last minute. That's my .02.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

yes.. I also think it goes way beyond just this case.. You got sheriff arrapaoi, and aroura, and that town in syria, arrapo.. It seems like they play the bait and switch, distraction/confusion game often.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You know what. I thought it first thing. It was just such a weird coincidence to me. I mean it may be nothing, but I was thinking of all the people talking about how great a man "Paul" is and others thinking they meant Ryan. Or even a set up for some kind of ballot "mistake" though that doesn't make sense since they are different positions.

Still strange, but could be paranoia.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
If Ron Paul were popular then maybe you could say they were hoping people would be confused but, I do not think they trying to trick anyone unless they are courting the ATS vote.

Uh, that's real interesting considering even the MSM knows how big of a threat Paul really is to the GOP, as even indicated today in this article on CNN:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

A stand off between Ron Paul supporters and the Republican National Committee over convention delegates appears to be easing, and both sides are close to announcing a deal that could help avoid a potentially embarrassing moment for Mitt Romney on the day he receives the GOP presidential nomination.

Oh, but he's so unpopular right? Just because the mainstream media decided to pretend he didn't exist (and still does) doesn't make it remotely true. I get that you're a liberal and all, but damn at least display some semblence of something other than anti-Paul bias every once and a while.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If this "confuses" the voters, then it is a shame they can vote at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It was possibly part of the strategy, but not a large part.

I find it more interesting that Romney came out and said that he supports auditing the Federal Reserve. That is certainly a play to get Ron Paul supporters, and one that I find disingenuous.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
If this "confuses" the voters, then it is a shame they can vote at all.

Sadly not all voters are fully conscious or knowledgeable when they show up at the voting booth. They think they're doing their part by voting, but don't bother to figure out who they really want to vote for until they're standing in front of the voting booth. That's when they think to themselves "What's that guy's name again that I keep hearing about on TV?"

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's all in the "R's"

The fear factors.

Ronoia

Ryanoia

The two biggest paranoias of Democrats.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Probably just wishful thinking or withdrawal symptoms from the Ron Paul camp.
However, Osama and Obama still confuses reporters.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I believe it is more coincidence than anything. Ron Paul stands for the U.S. citizens while Paul Ryan stands for big business and the normal political rhetoric. Just my opinion.
edit on 21-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: Mis-spelled words

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Anybody dumb enough to be confused by this probably shouldnt be voting in the first place. And really, the two arent all THAT different.
edit on 21-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It shows how pathetic the GOP is. wRong Paul. They try to push an Ayn Rand supporter to win over the libertarians. It won't work. It is too transparent. Plus the real reason he was picked was connections to the Koch brothers. His support of bailouts is all you need to know to know he is bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It is confusing and deliberate. Just like Obama/Osama was a head f*k. It's very necessary to stay absolutely conscious in order to throw the anti-constitutionalists out. They have the media and the mass marketing psychologists and the money. There is absolutely no difference between Obama/Biden/Romney/Ryan. They all work for the same anti-American, anti-constitution corporations.

Best thing to do is to write in Ron Paul and for those in office now: impeach, impeach, impeach.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I would not say its the reason he was picked, but there is not doubt they are taking advantage of it as usual...I have seen more than once at times when they use last names usually, they have used Paul and not Ryan when referring to him right after calling Romney , well Romney and not Mitt. This election will be that close and any extra votes they can get will matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join