It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most shocking picture ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinza

Yes, it appears there was much more to Mr. Carter than what has been posted.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

i think this just prove most people have lost there humanity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Why didn't he just take the picture, then help the girl? You can do both you know.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Why didn't he just take the picture, then help the girl? You can do both you know.

Please read the other posts. You will find out what really happened.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Poor child! Yet I ask of you, religious folk, to answer the following:

You praise "miracles" when someone survives cancer and raise your arms to Jesus when some minor thing goes well in your life. So, where was the loving, heavenly father when this little kid needed him? Jesus shouldve swooped down on a cloud and saved the innocent child, but noooo, god sent 2 vultures instead. The bird and human type. Is this a God of love and mercy? Jesus loves us, you parrot, but he abandons an innocent boy to famine, disease, the searing sun and, ultimately, be eaten (dead or alive) by vultures?!

What the HELL, man?!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No way would I be able to turn my back on that child....NO MATTER WHAT. They would HAVE to kill me to make me leave her there like that. I know there are many more like her, but it wouldn't matter. I would take care of her or at least hold her and comfort her if she was dying. Then make sure the buzzard didn't get her. It breaks my heart.

ETA: Just read the post about what really happened. Oh well.....this pic may not be what it seems, but the reality is that what the photo represents IS real, and at this moment there are many children dying of starvation.... so I'll leave my post as is for them.
edit on 8/22/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Show this to everyone that protests food stamps

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So true!

Seriously, that vulture might as well be sporting a GOP lapel pin.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is the first time ive seen this picture.

it should be on billboards all over the world.

Shaming us into action.

but nothing will change.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Pictures like that and those gruesome appeals on TV make me lactate.
Even my boobs get emotional.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We have so much to answer for.

Whilst the olympics was going on, people around thw world were, and still are, dying from lack of food or water or are living in such dire conditions that disease runs wild.

Many of us just sit here and type words onto a computer for all to read on the internet about such terrible things.

But there is that old question, if a tree falls down and nobody around to witness it, does it make a noise?
In other words, if there was no internet, no tv channels with world news, would we be any the wiser as to events like this?
These things would still go on in the wilds of nature.
They say that humans left Africa in order to populate the rest of the world, why don't they all leave it now?
Because we have border controls and passports and visa requirements now..
sad but true

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I saw this picture when it first came out and it was heartbreaking, but I was able to emotionally distance myself from it. Now that I have kids who are probably around the same age as the girl in the picture I can empathize and it makes me cry. As far as the photographer is concerned, what kind of selfish, soulless person would rather set up for a picture than help this child? He may have regretted his inaction ahich led to his suicide, but I assure you that the hell he was living with here on Earth is much better and more tolerable than the eternal hell he is living in now.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Right because to see it bares witness to man's indifference and injustice to his fellow man.

"I don't ever want to see it again".................no because each time you see it - it drives home that we are a society that worships "idols" who parade around half nude singing idiotic lyrics and are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

We pour trillions into war.

A pittance into our social, educational and programs for our youth - our legacy.

"I don't ever want to see it again".

The man who took that picture was criticized why he didn't help that baby.

He said, "There were so many of them, it would be like trying to empty the ocean with a thimble."

We allow 28,000 fellow humans a day to die of starvation and lack of clean water while some folks eat enough for three people.

Some have several huge homes - when you can only live in one at a time.

Some have closets the size of homes with shoes and purses at 2-3 hundred bucks a pop.

And most will flame me with this reply and say this is just, this is "okay".

No, our priorities are all screwed up big time.

There is enough for everyone.

We could have a Heaven on Earth - but we choose to allow the few greedy, corrupt, evil souls to bully and control the many.

So be it - y'all get exactly the world you allow.

Below is the full picture.

Lindsey Lohan, Courtney Love, Charlie Sheen and all the rest of the hollywood bunch spend more per day on coc aine and booze that could feed all of these kids in a week.

But hey, that's okay, capitalism is great and it makes sense to pay someone tons of money to "act" even though they don't really contribute to our society as a whole (and if you say entertaining is contributing you're a lost soul in my book.

If you can read this you have access to a PC, probably a flush toilet, a roof over your head and food.

Be grateful - no you didn't earn it all yourself. Maybe some of it, but you had the $hit arse luck to be born in the right place at the right time and have a lot of luck.

And yes, luck has a lot to do with it - genetics, who you are born to, where you are born, etc.

So many arrogant people think they made it all on their own...............BS

You can start out poor as dirt, work hard and make it - but some of it still is being in the right place at the right time and meeting the right people.

Some people, like that little girl began and ended her life with no breaks.

Again, be grateful, kind and generous not arrogant, mean and selfish.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
the last time i saw that picture it was in a funny caption contest on another forum ....

hint: that old forums address now forwards you to liveleak

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

OMG why would he leave!?!? Obviously that is the reason he killed himself because he knew he could of helped and didn't. I don't see how anyone could walk away from something like that.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I saw this picture when it first came out and it was heartbreaking, but I was able to emotionally distance myself from it. Now that I have kids who are probably around the same age as the girl in the picture I can empathize and it makes me cry. As far as the photographer is concerned, what kind of selfish, soulless person would rather set up for a picture than help this child? He may have regretted his inaction ahich led to his suicide, but I assure you that the hell he was living with here on Earth is much better and more tolerable than the eternal hell he is living in now.

I beg you guys to please read earlier posts. The story was inaccurate and the photographer was with the UN Operation who landed briefly to hand out food to the starving families. The mother was with this child but left her for a short time to collect the food. She was coming back! His job was to take photos and show the world the famine happening there. He didn't need to care for the child, the mother was doing this! The vulture landed because there was a garbage waste center in same area. The photographer took this picture when that happened.

He received vicious attacks for this photo because the real story was not printed at the time. His assistant came out and told the public what really happened. This Carter guy should not be condemned and yet he was.
edit on 22-8-2012 by texasgirl because: misspelled some words

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I know that poverty and lack will always be with us

Only as long as money exists. Money only has the power that you all let it have. Once you accept that money is meaningless in life, we will all be free and no poverty. It's just paper with neat symbols on it. Seriously its sad people are so obsessed with paper.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would carried the child to safety,forget about the F...king bird!!!.......But in the end of the story ,what goes aorund,comes around baby........

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Go back and read my post.........................there are 50,000 of these fellow human beings that perish each day like this.

The photographer, Kevin Carter, died because he was overwhelmed at the sheer number and helping one when you are witnessing thousands every day like this drove him mad.

Two of my nieces spent time in the Peace Corps and most people cannot begin to imagine the depth of this problem. They both spent four years each in Africa and the number of people there dying of starvation and lack of clean water was unimaginable.

Go out and buy 50,000 tooth picks and spread them on a table to get an idea of how many people die each and every day from lack of food and water.

Not your fault, but your reply shows how clueless you are about the extent of this problem.

If one contemplates all the injustices, all the cruelness and indifference it would drive a very sensitive person crazy.

Again, Kevin Carter said, "This wasn't just one little girl - she was one of thousands all over trying to get to a food station." Where do you start? Which one do you save and which one do you leave?

He received millions of letters asking him why he didn't grab that little girl up and save her.

How much money or time have YOU given to hunger relief lately?

Do you think it is okay for Paris Hilton to have a closet the size of most houses with 200 pairs of shoes at $200.00 a pair?

Our planet has been ruled by psychopaths for too long.

There is enough food, clothing, shelter, water for everyone - but some are so greedy they "buy" and "consume" more than their share or more than they could possibly use in 1,000 lifetimes and the average person thinks this is okay, "they earned it".

BS - Most people that have, had the good fortune to be born in the right place at the right time with a high enough IQ to survive.

Kevin Carter made the world aware in a very real sense and exposed a global crisis - and it drove him to the point where he did not want to go on living on a planet where a few have so much and so many have nothing and those that have simply don't care to share.

Sort of like trying to bail out the incoming water while being on the Titanic.

kashmirwatch.com...

The above article says 50,000 people die each and every day from lack of food and water.

Start stacking up the toothpicks to get an idea of the number of people.

Different statistics say the numbers vary from 25,000 to 50,000.

Both my nieces said it was beyond comprehension for the average person to truly understand.
edit on 23-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Could you carry thousands of kids just like her?

This wasn't just one little girl - there were and are so many it's impossible to wrap your brain around the number of people that die each and every day from starvation.

Which one do you choose?

From a medical stand point, probably she was already too far gone at that point.

People get outraged, they point fingers yet they don't contribute money to hunger relief, they don't donate time and go over there or even to their local homeless shelter.

JFK said it best, "You are either a part of the problem or a part of the solution".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join