It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois County Wont Enforce States Conceald Carry Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

A prosecutor in Southern Illinois won't enforce the state's ban on carrying loaded, concealed handguns and other state's attorneys may soon announce the same policy.

State's Attorney Mike Valentine said he believes it's unconstitutional for Illinois to prohibit people from carrying loaded firearms in public. If you're otherwise law-abiding, he told Political Editor Mike Flannery by telephone, you won't face charges for packing heat in Edwards County.

And he's not alone:

McLean County, population 170,000, may soon announce a similar policy.

Being the last state in the nation to ban carry must be grating on those outside of Chicago.

Link

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I grew up in Southern Illinois, and this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure a lot of counties will follow, especially the ones with less than 20,000 residents. So ill is different then Northern Illinois. I lived in a town of 4,500 and I would say there was probably that many guns there as well.

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'll be damned... There are people higher in the system who understand what the Constitution says and can read and comprehend what D.C. Vs. Heller established to clarify the Second Amendment for how it now applies 100% and completely to the states and down to the local level.....nationwide. Illinois is among the single most anti-firearm states in our nation....what with things like a STATE issued firearms card being required just to OWN a firearm in your own home, let alone carry one anywhere else.

Perhaps this is how it has to happen.... State's Attorneys and others inside the system itself simply saying..enough. They swore an oath to the Constitution and it's words are clear....unlike the men who run the system it defines and regulates. S/F on a great catch to share!

edit on 21-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

About time that those we grant our trust to start to do the right thing with it. As it is unconstitutional to restrict the right to bare arms as stated by the 2nd amendment, it seems a no brainer to me.

My only suprise is that this comes from Illinois, what's next NYC suddenly having a moment of clarity?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Those counties' combined populations are diddly squat compared to the Chicagoland area. It won't be long before that attorney and others lose their jobs.

edit on 21-8-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skript420
I grew up in Southern Illinois, and this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure a lot of counties will follow, especially the ones with less than 20,000 residents. So ill is different then Northern Illinois. I lived in a town of 4,500 and I would say there was probably that many guns there as well.

It always amazes me how much clout one urban center can have over an entire mostly rural state.

It isnt right that Chicago gets to run Illinois. It isnt right that NYC gets to run New York.

After a certain population density is reached the urban zone should be cut off from the rest of the state politically and financially. Consider it "all grown up" and push it out of the nest.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Skript420

It always amazes me how much clout one urban center can have over an entire mostly rural state.

It isnt right that Chicago gets to run Illinois. It isnt right that NYC gets to run New York.

After a certain population density is reached the urban zone should be cut off from the rest of the state politically and financially. Consider it "all grown up" and push it out of the nest.

Agree! Illinois is a Democrat state. Only because of Chicago. The rest of the state is Republican. I don't consider myself either by the way.

I know a lot of the state wants to secede from Chicago. I heard it all the time there. Who knows if they ever will.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Illinois is probably the most firearm restricted state there is. Hey, wasnt Obama a senator there? Imagine that.You have to have an F.O.I.D. just to by ammo. Hopefully more counties will follow.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Are you kidding me?? I didn't know the "Momma May I?" card Illinois issues to permit the exercise of the 2nd amendment ALSO extended to Ammunition?? You can't buy a box of .22 longs to go plinking with if you don't have the permission card from their State Government?!

Wow... That state is further into the realm of another nation than I had thought..and I really had thought it was as far as it could go short of succession.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join