It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Private rift becomes public - GOP chair says "Romney does not represent our platform..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
According to RNC chairperson Reince Priebus, Mitt Romney does not represent the GOP platform and the platform does not represent Mitt Romney.

There has been at best hesitant support for Mitt Romney among party elite, with most of his support coming from the corporate comunity and his own super-pac, run by a former staffer. This latest chapter has everybody on both sides scratching ther heads...

Story is here: firstread.nbcnews.com...

My question is, if Romney doesn't represent the GOP, can they legally raise money for him? Don't they have to change this language legally? A big portion of his cash is taxpayer monies spent on behalf of the GOP.. including the SS protection he and his family now enjoys... Shouldn't he represent the platform of the party nominating him?
edit on Tue Aug 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added NOT to the title, for clarity

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

I will say this once. If Ron Paul wins the nomination for POTUS he is the antichrist. and this will qualify as his being returned from near death

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
They were most likely discussing the political ideologies and their differences. If the Republican party wants to support a candidate other than who the Republicans voted for in the primaries then good luck to them.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another_Nut

I will say this once. If Ron Paul wins the nomination for POTUS he is the antichrist. and this will qualify as his being returned from near death

Well he is supposed to have had a FATAL head wound and been resurrected.

More likely they have put DNA from Hitler in someone and we have him among us now resurrected.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Another_Nut

Well he is supposed to have had a FATAL head wound and been resurrected.

More likely they have put DNA from Hitler in someone and we have him among us now resurrected.

TPTB know that Mitt Romney has no chance... This is about the congressional elections, which is why Ryan has the nod for VP...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is normal. The platform for the whole party (Dem or Rep) is not necessarily in lock step with that of the nominee. In the case of the Repubs, the forced birth Constitutional amendment has been part of the party platform since 2004 and neither GW Bush or McCain supported (at least publicly) such an amendment without provision for rape or incest or life of the mother.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I see a HUGE public rift in the MSM !

Paul Krugman and Salon.com are going NUTS !

Newsweek has abushed Obama ! The author of the article is from Harvard !

What is going on ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Mitt Romney's position on abortion and birth control is barely distinguishable from that of the official GOP stance. I don't see much daylight between them. The main problem is it's hard to know what Mitt really thinks about anything. He goes wherever the wind blows.

I think Paul Ryan is probably the best clue as to what the policy would actually be in a Rpmney administration, and that position is totally unacceptable to most American women.

The Republican Party wants to bring women under the complete subjection of men again. They're like the Taliban when they took over Pakistan.

Only in the middle east and some Latin American countries are women controlled in such a way.

American women just won't have it.

top topics

join