It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I am talking about the Mistranslation that has had people believing for Centuries that MOSES PARTED THE RED SEA! HE DID NOT! This is a mistranslation of text which actually states...and is Verified as a mistranslation by all Christian Sects...that MOSES CROSSED THE REED SEA.

As I said before. The REED SEA is a Marshy shallow Tidal Area near the Med where Moses Crossed during Low Tide. As the Egyptian Army followed...the Tide Rushed in and swamped there Chariots and there have been digs and recovered Egyptian Chariots from this area. This was the real facts.

As to the other poster...I was not lumping all Christians in with the Vatican but just using the Vatican as an example of one group of Christian Leadership that has acknowledged and responded to the Facts of the Real Translation and their excuse for not changing the Bible to that parts original and factual text. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I am talking about the Mistranslation that has had people believing for Centuries that MOSES PARTED THE RED SEA! HE DID NOT! This is a mistranslation of text which actually states...and is Verified as a mistranslation by all Christian Sects...that MOSES CROSSED THE REED SEA.

As I said before. The REED SEA is a Marshy shallow Tidal Area near the Med where Moses Crossed during Low Tide. As the Egyptian Army followed...the Tide Rushed in and swamped there Chariots and there have been digs and recovered Egyptian Chariots from this area. This was the real facts.

As to the other poster...I was not lumping all Christians in with the Vatican but just using the Vatican as an example of one group of Christian Leadership that has acknowledged and responded to the Facts of the Real Translation and their excuse for not changing the Bible to that parts original and factual text. Split Infinity

Yeah. Included a link about that earlier.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Another Fable of the Bible Lore is that EVE bit into an APPLE. There are no Apples in the Region that describes the location of Eden. Also...it is a GENETIC IMPOSSIBILITY to create a population of Humans from just two people a Man and a Human by natural breeding. You could do it with Cloning or Genetic Engineering.

Although this next few lines is not necessarily about the Bible...when I get Jehovah Witnesses go down my long driveway and come to my door at 9 am on a Friday or Monday Morning as I Record and Tour in an International Band...thus I am ALWAYS on BAND TIME....1 pm to 6 am...and I am DEAD TIRED...I have to do this.

They start their Bull and I say...Wait...you guy's believe that only 144,000 People will be taken up in the RAPTURE...RIGHT? They say yes. I say...Well...isn't there over 6 or 7 Million Jehovah Witnesses? They say..YES! People are coming around to see we are the Tellers and Followers of the One True God and ONE TRUTH! They have these HUGE SMILES NOW! So I say...SO I GUESS YOU FOLKS HAVE A SLIM CHANCE OF MAKING IT INTO HEAVEN! They say...what....?

I say...Well...THERE ARE 6 TO 7 MILLION OF YOU AND YOU YOURSELVES BELIEVE THAT ONLY 144,000 WILL BE TAKEN UP BY THE RAPTURE TO HEAVEN! Are you going to DRAW STRAWS? Or are you waking up a guy who has been working in the STUDIO all night to tell me a BUNCH OF BULL S#!%!

GET THE HELL OFF MY PORCH! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Why do you people waste your time debating about the validity of God and/or the Bible? Neither side will ever sway the other. No scripture quoted will make a nonbeliever believe. No biblical inconsistency will ever make a believer doubt their faith.

Wasting your time

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

You will never be able to wrap your mind around ANYTHING until you understand that Religion and the truth have NOTHING in common.

Oh man what a gem

Reminds me of a quote from another thread

I'll touch on this from a Christian perspective just a bit and then hit it from a logical standpoint.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The bible is only proof of what people back then BELIEVED back then...it doesn't prove that the stories within it are truthful. In fact, in hundreds of cases it's demonstrably wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Your belief in the bible is so complete, that no being could change your mind......not even your God.

Did God give us free will or... did it come from the forbidden fruit???

Have you ever asked a question???.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by olliemc84

How many wars do you think could have been avoided....how many lives lost do you think could have been saved if there was no "God"? You do realize that most conflicts arise during a dispute over whos "God" is better, right? Crusades, Inquisition, Spanish entering the New World,....all that over religious beliefs. So give it a rest. Here's an idea...maybe the "God" that you think created this wonderful world was a complete idiot. That makes more sense to me then what you claim "God" is.

Who are you to say who is an idiot at anytime during your short inexperienced existence ? My word and you say Christians are arrogant. Look at yourself you really are one step below humorous with your insults. I think my perspective will ring true when the bell trolls.

Back on topic If you please lest we turn this into another pantomime.
edit on 21-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Well if you look at one of the earliest forms of Christianity, a form that the early organized church tried to snuff out of existence and a form that some scholars say Jesus and Mary were aligned with, the gnostic faith, then you will see that their belief was that the "Godhead" sent his minions to create our world. But the problem with these creators was that they weren't perfect. Which is why sin is so common on this rock. But sense they don't have their own book with fancy words and a leather cover they must be completely wrong in their beliefs, right? Sometimes I thinks you Christians honestly believe that your religion is the only religion and that there was never religion before yours. How dare you call ME arrogant. I'm sorry that I refuse to live on a set of morals laid forward within a series of fairy tales.

My initial argument against the bible not being history still stands. How can it be accurate history if certain parts were added and others thrown out just to placate an empire?

And I'm still waiting for links and sources that show that it is history. Archeological evidence from experts that are not aligned with any religion.
edit on 22-8-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Great part is we shall all find out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by randyvs

Your belief in the bible is so complete, that no being could change your mind......not even your God.

Now that's a backhanded oxymoron complimentary question if I've ever heard one. I ask God if I can';t figure an answer that fits and with time the answer will always come. But I don't drive myself to disbelief with stupid questions either. No question is a stupid question ? Oh yes there are, when they are intended to be stupid they most certainly are stupid.

Complete ? That just shows you don't have a clue.
edit on 22-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by randyvs

Now that's a backhanded oxymoron complimentary question if I've ever heard one. I ask God if I can';t figure an answer that fits and with time the answer will always come. But I don't drive myself to disbelief with stupid questions either. No question is a stupid question ? Oh yes there are, when they are intended to be stupid they most certainly are stupid.

It was a valid question, actually. You should try to be less condescending of such discerning questions. You really don't come off as educated as you pretend to be. Play more nicely, people might actually listen to you.

Now, to explain the question and answer it: "Did God give us free will...or did the fruit?"

It's clear that our poor choices come from our free will, as do our good choices. But the mere act of choosing implies there's more than one option, some more desirable than other options. But how do you know it's more desirable? Because you know where the other option will lead. You know, and you don't like it. This means that the ability to recognize a good option comes from the freedom to make bad choices.

Now, in the story, before Eve and Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge, they were obviously pious or gracious or pure or whatever enough to stay in the Garden of Eden, right? But when the opportunity came to disobey the one command they were given, they broke the rule. Why? Because they didn't have the experience to say no. They'd never made that mistake before, so how were they to know what lay down that path?

When you don't have the freedom to make mistakes, you don't have free will. "God" prevented them from having the opportunity to stumble, until the fruit became involved. And according to Christian faith, he punished them by throwing them from the garden. Because the fruit showed them both positive and negative, and with that knowledge came free will. The freedom to make mistakes.

"God" didn't give us free will. The fruit did.

edit on 22-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How about you don't try to degrade my answers with your negative outlook as I welcome yours ?

Winword I have tried to fill your request and mustr admit it's a daunting task for some reason.
edit on 22-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My outlook is only negative in the sense that you don't want to work for your spirituality. You have deemed my challenge to be unworthy, and now you want to convince me as well. You won't.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The agenda behind this is so completely obvious that it is almost comical that anyone would actually believe it:

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?"

JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

Either you accept or reject the Bible as the inspired infallible word of God or you don't.

A shallow area of water could never drown all of the Egyptian army.

Archaeological research has discovered coral encrusted chariot wheels and other evidence in what is now known as the Red Sea to suggest that the Biblical account of the crossing of the Sea is a historical fact.

Proof Moses Parted the Red Sea

As to the other poster...I was not lumping all Christians in with the Vatican but just using the Vatican as an example of one group of Christian Leadership.

What got my attention was the fact that those who actually believe that the Vatican is occupied by Christians, are usually missing some massive pieces of the puzzle.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

The agenda behind this is so completely obvious that it is almost comical that anyone would actually believe it:

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?"

JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

Either you accept or reject the Bible as the inspired infallible word of God or you don't.

Archaeological research has discovered coral encrusted chariot wheels and other evidence in what is now known as the Red Sea to suggest that the Biblical account of the crossing of the Sea is a historical fact.

As to the other poster...I was not lumping all Christians in with the Vatican but just using the Vatican as an example of one group of Christian Leadership.

What got my attention was the fact that those who actually believe that the Vatican is occupied by Christians, oare usually missing some massive pieces of the puzzle.

You do know that the gentleman that claimed to have found those chariot wheels has also claimed to have found Noah's Arc, the Ark of the Covenant, and Sodom and Gamorrah, all without a shred of proof or evidence. Upon further research after reading your link I have come to the conclusion that that guy is a fraud. Try again.

"Archaeologist Joe Zias of Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) has stated that "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem. In order to excavate one must have at least a BA in archaeology which he does not possess despite his claims to the contrary. ... [His claims] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc." [13]"
edit on 22-8-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Much of the New Testament also relays the early history and movement of the Christian religion. Some books of the NT are even letters from one church leader to another. Whether you believe the religion itself or not, it's hard to deny the history that is presented.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

What got my attention was the fact that those who actually believe that the Vatican is occupied by Christians, are usually missing some massive pieces of the puzzle.

Pseudo-science

We know that a lot of things in the bible are scientifically incorrect. For example, we know for a FACT that a global flood never happened.
edit on 22-8-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
You do know that the gentleman that claimed to have found those chariot wheels has also claimed to have found Noah's Arc, the Ark of the Covenant, and Sodom and Gamorrah, all without a shred of proof or evidence. Upon further research after reading your link I have come to the conclusion that that guy is a fraud. Try again.

Stop listening to Jesuit Jedi Mind tricks and learn the difference between a fraud and a cover-up.

There is a MASSIVE propaganda campaign against these discoveries by Bible-hating agnostics, evolutionists and atheists simply because they are THE smoking gun that proves the Bible is GOD'S WORD! Ignore the lies, it HAS been covered up for VERY good reasons:

As a student of Jewish deception for the last 33 years, I can smell a viper 7,000 miles away; and this is A COVER-UP, NOT A HOAX. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Mass Media, which normally is in search of sensational stories...BUT NOT IN THIS CASE!!! They won't touch this story, even with a radiation suit on!!!

If this story were a fraud, the jews wouldn't be bashing Ron Wyatt. The contents of the Ark are ABSOLUTELY EXPLOSIVE, namely: the two TABLETS containing the Ten Commandments, Aaron's rod, and a sample of manna in a pot. All of this would prove, beyond a shodow of a doubt, that the Bible is GOD'S WORD. The Illuminati have invested too much in academia to turn them againist the Bible. This discovery would totally blow the billions - if not trillions - of dollars they have invested in their anti-Bible campaign. The last thing they want is renewed interest in the Bible, especially the New Testament!!!" Source

edit on 22-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Stop listening to Jesuit Jedi Mind tricks and learn the difference between a fraud and a cover-up.

There is a MASSIVE propaganda campaign against these discovery's by the Bible-hating agnostics, evolutionists and atheists simply because they are THE smoking gun that proves the Bible is GOD'S WORD! Ignore the lies, it HAS been covered up for VERY good reasons:

As a student of Jewish deception for the last 33 years, I can smell a viper 7,000 miles away; and this is A COVER-UP, NOT A HOAX. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Mass Media, which normally is in search of sensational stories...BUT NOT IN THIS CASE!!! They won't touch this story, even with a radiation suit on!!!

If this story were a fraud, the jews wouldn't be bashing Ron Wyatt. The contents of the Ark are ABSOLUTELY EXPLOSIVE, namely: the two TABLETS containing the Ten Commandments, Aaron's rod, and a sample of manna in a pot. All of this would prove, beyond a shodow of a doubt, that the Bible is GOD'S WORD. The Illuminati have invested too much in academia to turn them againist the Bible. This discovery would totally blow the billions - if not trillions - of dollars they have invested in their anti-Bible campaign. The last thing they want is renewed interest in the Bible, especially the New Testament!!!" Source

Well, it would help if he provided real objective evidence to back up his claims...because until he does (and he hasn't so far), it's only fair that people consider him the clown he is

And as I said, there are hundreds of cases where the bibles is DEMONSTRABLY false. You might not like that, but it's a FACT.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
We know that a lot of things in the bible are scientifically incorrect. For example, we know for a FACT that a global flood never happened.

Your "FACTS" are LIES...

Here are the FACTS: "Science" is nothing but an Illuminati front used as another means of Mind Control to brainwash civilization.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join