It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I honestly can't wrap my mind around you're thinking that the Bible is more significant than the Vedas, unless you are just unaware of their vast content, and implications.

You will never be able to wrap your mind around ANYTHING until you understand that Religion and the truth have NOTHING in common.

The true agenda behind Religion is to HIDE the truth.

Religion is the LAST place you will find it... Hinduism included.

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created

It doesn't justify a version of "God" any more than any other sacred text.

There are 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God. How do we know which one is from God? Only the Christian Bible contains prophecy (foretelling of the future) that has NEVER missed.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

Not unlike the Bible!

Still waiting for harry potter or even the vedas to reveal what the bible has archaeologically under equal scrutiny.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That's not true. The Bible misses the prophecy mark over and over again.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Prove it.

EDIT:

Specifically, Address Isaiah on the captivity in Babylon, David on the coming messiah (via Psalms), and Daniel regarding the Persian Empire.
edit on 22-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

What are you talking about? We have already agreed that the Bible contains an historical record of Jewish people. So what if their cities, like Sodom and Gomorrah, are found. It doesn't prove that God is the one who destroyed them. It's the historical value of the Biblical description of God that I question, not if cities existed or not.

Troy was thought to be a mythical city until archaeologists recently found it.

Why is Biblical accuracy so special? Why are the archaeological discoveries that verify Vedic scripture any less valid? How is their description of their God's any less profound?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The only one that seems to be missing the mark over and over again seems to be YOU...

"There are 456 OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT PROPHECIES about the Messiah that were fulfilled by the life of Jesus Christ. The Bible has many that were written thousands of years before Jesus was born! Precise, detailed prophecies such as; where He would be born (Micah 5:2), how He would be born, (Isaiah 7:14) how He would die (Psalm 34:20), etc. And history has PROVEN, without ANY doubt whatsoever, they were fulfilled EXACTLY as the Bible had prophesied, hundreds of years earlier!"

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"According to Emile Borel, once one goes past one chance in 10^50, the probabilities are so small that it is impossible to think that they will ever occur..." LINK

"...what's the likelihood of a person predicting today the exact city in which the birth of a future leader would take place, well into the 21st century? This is indeed what the prophet Micah did 700 years before the Messiah. Further, what is the likelihood of predicting the precise manner of death that a new, unknown religious leader would experience, a thousand years from now - a manner of death presently unknown, and to remain unknown for hundreds of years? Yet, this is what David did in 1000 B.C.

Again, what is the likelihood of predicting the specific date of the appearance of some great future leader, hundreds of years in advance? This is what Daniel did, 530 years before Christ. ...Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies." LINK

"Any man who rejects Christ as the Son of God is rejecting a fact, proved perhaps more absolutely than any other fact in the world. God so thoroughly vindicated Jesus Christ that even mathematicians and statisticians, who were without faith, had to acknowledge that it is scientifically impossible to deny that Jesus is the Christ."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

What are you talking about? We have already agreed that the Bible contains an historical record of Jewish people. So what if their cities, like Sodom and Gomorrah, are found. It doesn't prove that God is the one who destroyed them. It's the historical value of the Biblical description of God that I question, not if cities existed or not.

Troy was thought to be a mythical city until archaeologists recently found it.

Why is Biblical accuracy so special? Why are the archaeological discoveries that verify Vedic scripture any less valid? How is their description of their God's any less profound?

No, we never agreed that. You came into this thread to contend against it, and then you called into question the prophecies of the Bible. I have listed 3 in particular I would like you to refute, before your word that the bibles prophecy is inaccurate can be considered.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

7. “Babylon…shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make a fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there;…and satyrs shall dance there…and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.” - Isaiah 13:19-22, Jeremiah 50:39-40,

Babylon was never destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah, and was never rendered uninhabited and satyrs never danced there..

Want more? Take a look for yourself.

rationalwiki.org...
pay2cem.hubpages.com...
faithskeptic.50megs.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

7. “Babylon…shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make a fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there;…and satyrs shall dance there…and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.” - Isaiah 13:19-22, Jeremiah 50:39-40,

Babylon was never destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah, and was never rendered uninhabited and satyrs never danced there..

Want more? Take a look for yourself.

rationalwiki.org...
pay2cem.hubpages.com...
faithskeptic.50megs.com...

Sounds like a pretty hip place, and Isaiah was wrong. You should go live there!

All THREE sources, are RIDICULOUS at best. This is a sad rebuttal to a thread that states the bible is historically accurate, but OP permitting, I intend to prove you wrong completely. I hope you have a bible handy

edit on 22-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Why is Biblical accuracy so special? Why are the archaeological discoveries that verify Vedic scripture any less valid?

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. "

Accuracy Of Prophecy

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Or, perhaps the Bible is, and has been, used as a blueprint for mind control by the Illuminati!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The bible is so powerful that it has an effect on the pride of most men. There pride won't allow them to pick up a bible and read. It makes a man far to scared. Anything that holds ultimate and unqestionable truth does this. Like you might pick up a Koran and read that out of curiosity but you can't pick up a bible and do it. The reason is your pride does anything to hold you back from doing so, least you find out the truth about life.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Debunked here...

It is a fact of history that Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon lay prostrate in utter ruins from the second to the twentieth centuries. Babylon without doubt sank. When prophecy teachers speak of the "rebuilding" of Babylon, that "Babylon will rise again," and "The Second Coming of Babylon" (the title of a recent book), their own words are an admission that the Babylon of Jeremiah's time did sink. But God added that after sinking, Babylon "shall not rise." Saddam Hussein did not change that (see Insight #113), nor will Antichrist change that. God has spoken.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Or, perhaps the Bible is, and has been, used as a blueprint for mind control by the Illuminati!

Yes that's it, windword. And who does the Illuminati worship? Lucifer? OH WAIT, SO GOD IS REALLY THE DEVIL AND.... wait... where are we going with this?

Basically, You just don't like things the way they are. You want them YOUR way, and if they aren't your way you POUT. Well, I don't give a # if you want a sucker.

The Bible has been revealed to contain historical fact whether you like it or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So HOW exactly does the Illuminati answer all these prayers?

That's some pretty heavy duty mind control there if you ask me...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Yes that's it, windword. And who does the Illuminati worship? Lucifer? OH WAIT, SO GOD IS REALLY THE DEVIL AND.... wait... where are we going with this?

Basically, You just don't like things the way they are. You want them YOUR way, and if they aren't your way you POUT. Well, I don't give a # if you want a sucker.

The Bible has been revealed to contain historical fact whether you like it or not.

Too bad that you missed my attempt at humorous sarcasm. I do, however believe that the "Church" engineered the New Testament and used the OT as a blue print.

Why so angry? And yes, for the 3rd time, the Bible does contain some historically accurate records of the Jewish People. It isn't ALL myth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have read the Bible from cover t cover, a few times. It doesn't scare me nor do I find profound truth coursing through it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Too bad that you missed my attempt at humorous sarcasm. I do, however believe that the "Church" engineered the New Testament and used the OT as a blue print.

Why so angry? And yes, for the 3rd time, the Bible does contain some historically accurate records of the Jewish People. It isn't ALL myth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nobody is angry but you. You came into this thread to discredit the bible as a historical source, and got personal about it. I'm not angry at all. I've coached you, if anything, buddy

Right back to the OP

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

God is a powerful being. He's the most powerful alie you can have in your whole life. And he cares about you deeply. Why wouldn't you want to get to know a suprium entity like that. Your friends with the most powerful.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

I have read the Bible from cover t cover, a few times. It doesn't scare me nor do I find profound truth coursing through it.

Although I respect anyone's Religious Beliefs we are debating here and there are many Mistranslations in the Bible such as Moses did not part the RED SEA....He and his people crossed the REED SEA...a Marshy Tidal Area near the Med and as Low Tide occurred...they crossed and as the Egyptian Army chased them...the Egyptians were caught as the tide came in and swamped their chariots. THIS is the actual Translation of the original text and the Various Leaders including the Vatican are aware of this and have admitted as much but have not changed the Bible as giving the reason that even though the text was not properly translated...we feel a change of the Bible at this time could confuse the Faithful. This is but ONE of MANY instances in the Bible that are not true events. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join