It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

...and people wonder why we're no longer the greatest country.

I present to you, the fall of critical thinking!!!!!

...Bah.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

apparently when adam and eve ate from the tree of knowlodge they became like gods knowing good from evil before that man was like any other animal

satan gave man knowlodge god tried to keep it away and it was forbidden to eat from the tree

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

*yawn* Is it over yet?

I can, in five minutes, corroborate more facts in any of the Harry Potter stories than you could in your Bible. Because quoting the Bible does NOT count as proof that it's true.

And in case I'm unclear here, I am talking about the Biblical conversations. I couldn't care less about the rest...it's the dialogue that's important. And you can't prove a single word of those really important conversations actually happened.
edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Alot of it has been proven, just about as much as anything else you wanna believe. Saying the bibles not true is like saying the world is flat, I know its round, but im not gonna prove it...

What exactly has been proven? Links?? Sources?? Pics or it didn't happen.

Nowhere is there archeological evidence that states that the exodus occurred, or that Jesus even existed. The basis of your religion is based on a series of gospels that have been scientifically proven to be written by people other than the ones that they are named for.

Therefore the four books presented in the bible are forgeries. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I present to you, the fall of critical thinking!!!!

What kind of critical thinking is this ? Where is your presentation After ?
edit on 21-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You've proven my point. Thanks so much for revealing your phenomenal lack of credibility.

Could you post your certifications? Your degrees in whatever field gives you the know-how to say "This is true. I have studied it, I am trained in it, and I know this to be authentic".....No? None?

Come on, post your credentials. I want to know what kind of expert you are.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

I most certainly can't help the way you choose to look at the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Good afternoon Randyvs... I too believe the Bible is a history book... albeit from a Jewish and Christian perspective, it is history never the less.

The lineage of kings, pharoahs, and rulers is verifiable. The timeline of invasions, rise and fall of kingdoms is verifiable, the movements and migrations of people have been proven by both science and archeology.

The social sciences and archeology of cultures and peoples and everyday life have validated the descriptions given in the Bible... eating customs, political rivalries and practices, money and economic trade, even bigotry towards Nazarenes and Gentiles and Galileans.

More and more articles are being published on findings from Solomon's Temple and Temple Mount.

Anyway... I have books written on this very subject. To write more would be redundant here.

Not fighting here. I just want to say that any good historical fiction (Alex Haley's 'Roots' come to mind) will have verifiable historical information. But in no way does this mean that the characters and their experiences in these stories are true.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My credentials are of the most high and you can find them everywhere.

Where are your Harry Potter credentials BTW ?

edit on 21-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

Saying the bibles not true is like saying the world is flat, I know its round, but im not gonna prove it...

Actually, it's nothing like that. I can pull up a picture, time stamp and all, showing the Earth is round.

Try again. On second thought, don't...I can't take much more idiocy today.
edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

If your calling me idiocy after you just said that.... Than thanks for the laugh. Schmuck..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Stopped at 3:06. If the utter conflict over the apocrypha isn't a clear sign that the bible is man-made and not inspired by any god, I don't know what to tell you.
edit on 8/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There are three ways to look at the truth.

1) "Oh, the truth! Well, that helps me in this way..."

2) "Oh crap, the truth! Great, now that does this to me..."

3) "Oh, look, a truth! Eh...I don't like that one. Let's find another one and see how that works..."

The first two are acceptable. Obviously, you're either gonna like the truth or not like it. That's fine, as long as you accept that it's the truth.

Most people pick the third one. Because they have subconsciously registered their own ability to change how they look at the world, and they choose the most comfortable porthole to view their life from.

The truth doesn't matter to the people anymore. What matters is how they feel about it. Of course, a day comes along when they forget what they tried to hide and they realize "Oh crud, so it's actually like THIS" and then they try to change it for their own convenience. Then the people in power make a compromise that the populace doesn't like but decides to settle for, and they convince themselves that's what they wanted all along because it's easier than fighting a literal army. After a few dozen years, they remember what really happened, and the process starts all over again.

All you have to do is convince them that it's futile to resist. And with Christianity, that was achieved long ago. Crusades and witch burnings, anyone? The Crucible? Ringing any bells? Do your research. I know, objective research is your weakness, but hey, you might find it rewarding.

Or maybe I just forced you to do another memory wipe. Oh, dear.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I most certainly can't help the way you choose to look at the truth.

Wow.....okay.

How is it that truth, facts, and common sense are all qualities held at the highest standard in schools, universities, jobs, hospitals, restaurants, shopping centers, and in courts of law, but not in church? Anything goes.

Next time I go to a car dealership to buy a $50,000 vehicle I will tell the salesman that I saw a price on the sticker for $2.95. And when he says well show me the proof I will return with "I certainly cannot help the way you choose to look at the truth."

Son of Sam was a maniac that killed people because his neighbors dog told him to. Must be true too, right?
edit on 21-8-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

To have a quality is not to be that quality. But if you want to call yourself an idiot, then feel free to do so. Far be it from me to argue with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That's the problem I have with Church. Outside of the church, everyone is rewarded for using critical thinking skills. Inside the church, you're punished for using critical thinking skills. In fact, religion has only one use in the corporate world: politics. It makes you look good, and that's what matters. It's a f***ing popularity contest. No wonder we never get anything done.

So, in church, what counts is faith. Okay, that's fine. Faith can be a good thing. But wait! Faith is the art of trusting something that has shown no reason to be trusted. ...err, we're getting off the critical-thinking path here. And there's more! You must have faith, or when you die...you'll go to hell.

Show me a picture of this hell. No? Just faith? Okay, so if that's how it works...I'll have FAITH that hell does NOT exist, and POOF! It's gone!

That's how critical thinking works, Christians. I completely destroyed Satan, Hell, and the contract in one act of faith.

...Bazinga.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

How is it that truth, facts, and common sense are all qualities held at the highest standard in schools, universities, jobs, hospitals, restaurants, shopping centers, and in courts of law, but not in church? Anything goes.

A truly backwards view of your own society that speaks volumes to your enveloped disinformation and ignorance of your own Heavenly Father whom you know not. Where does that leave you as I restrain my self from any ad hominems.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That's the problem I have with Church.

This threaad isn't about your problems with the church now is it. Please stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

apparently when adam and eve ate from the tree of knowlodge they became like gods knowing good from evil before that man was like any other animal

Wait a minute. I thought even the church accepted evolution (with god planting the seed of life), meaning that Adam and Eve were monkeys?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

To have a quality is not to be that quality. But if you want to call yourself an idiot, then feel free to do so. Far be it from me to argue with it.

Ahhhhh that doesn't even make sense... But i see what your doin with this, trying to scribble over your obvious losing streak on this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This thread is about the Bible. The Church is built on the Bible. The Church is related to this thread.

Off topic? Please. That's the best argument you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join