It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Auditor: 2,527 DHS Employees and Co-Conspirators Convicted of Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All since 2004. One year after the DHS was created. Wow!! Not much to say about this yet. Not good when you consider the sweeping authority that the DHS has including direct control of he Secret Service many other agencies.

There have been 2,527 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employees and co-conspirators convicted of corruption and other criminal misconduct since 2004, according to a federal auditor.

In his remarks, Edwards added that as of July 15, the DHS OIG (Office of the Inspector General) was dealing with 1,591 open criminal cases involving DHS employees and some accomplices. Some cases date back to fiscal year 2004 (Oct. 1, 2003 thru Sept. 30, 2004) although the majority of the open investigations were initiated in the last three fiscal years. The DHS started operating in March 2003.

The bulk of the convictions come from FEMA. No surprise there!!

Among the 2,527 criminal convictions as of July 15, 1,644 (about 65 percent) stem from Federal Emergency Management Agency-related investigations; 358 (about 14 percent) from those linked to the Customs and Border Protection agency; 166 (7 percent) from Immigration and Customs Enforcement-related investigations; and 133 (5 percent) from investigations linked to the Transportation Security Administration. The remaining 226 (about 9 percent) convictions are categorized as “other.”

cnsnews.com...

Not good for Napolitano who is right in the middle of a DHS sex scandal at the moment.

There is without a doubt way too much power granted to this single agency. How can they protect our country with this level of criminal activity occurring right under their noses.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Out of those, I wonder how many of them were set up for not obeying unlawful orders???? Not sticking up for them, because there have been many who were without a doubt criminals, but with all of the whistleblowers being criminalized as of late, it make me wonder........

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The DHS is nothing more than our version of the Einsatzgruppen the SS had back in Germany.

National Geographic just ran a special on this group and it was astonishing the similarities how this group ran their practices and what we are now seeing from our 'DHS.' Truly shocking if you watched the program.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The main conclusion I draw from reading those percentages is that the TSA is definitely not being policed enough. haha. It's probably true though. This just goes to show that just because someone works for the government doesn't mean they are "good" by any stretch of the imagination. It seems that the opposite is closer to the truth. The populace who have no government positions actually seem to be the good guys, when compared to people that work for the government, from an agency like FEMA, all the way up to the White House. This probably isn't too fair, but the exaggeration helped me get my point across, which is that the government is corrupt on all levels.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm glad the TSA are not under too much suspicion here compared to the other agencies.

They make me feel loved. I can't imagine a world without them.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

How can they protect our country with this level of criminal activity occurring right under their noses.

One could ask the same question after watching the Pentagon be bombed on 9-11.

new topics

top topics

join