It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog ( best friend) just died in my arms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

I dont post much on here, mostly just read what has been posted, but my heart broke reading yours mate.

My deepest heartfelt condolences my friend. The unconditional love of an animal is such a warm and joyous thing to experience, and extremely painful to lose. Be strong my friend, your not alone, and I hope your heartbreak is short lived.

Grim

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My condolences....losing a pet is always very difficult. I have also lost a few that were very near and dear to me, as I'm sure your friend was to you. If he was as important to you as you say, then don't forget he left this realm in the arms of HIS best friend/companion. Ignore all the people saying he was just a dog, even though at times it seems like the easiest way to cope with the pain and suffering...

I am sure he is feeling much better now, Isitjustme, and eventually your wounds will heal.

Peace
Vick'

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It's extremely difficult to put it into words what it feels like to lose your best friend.

This song will hug and hold you tight until it hurts a little less.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss isitjustme ,

I have to say for those that do think it though as you pointed out it's not just a dog , not just a pet but a true friend as you say .
One that will never let you down without a seriously good excuse . They become family act like our children & are treated like them by most of us . May he R.I.P. & you be comforted by the good memories you two have shared together .
John

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There are four dogs in my household, each is an individual, and each will be sorely missed when it dies. To make this even more poignant, each was either abused or saved from death because the previous owner just didn't want them.

Four dogs and never a fight !!!, Four dogs who run free yet are never a problem, four dogs who miss me tremendously even when I'm gone for only an hour.

What am I getting at here? While having one dog may be all you can handle for your own personal reasons, but it is better to have more than one. Spread your love around a little, then when one dies, the others will fill in the gaps and make the transition easier.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

it is they who save us, and not the other way around.

Truer words were never spoken.

I've seen many hard hearted humans turned around by the love of a good dog.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I know how you feel as a dog owner myself. I am sorry for your loss. I have been preparing myself for "that" day since last few months because my dog has also reached his old age of 14 yrs but it's not been easy. I wish you best of luck for the future.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NinpheaAurora

That was one of the most beautiful and heartfelt videos. I am embedding it here for everyone.

I still miss my Odie, Sinbad, Max, Pudgie, Sugar, Dusty.

They love us unconditionally with no agendas, no strings attached.

They don't care if you gain or lose weight.

They don't judge you if you have an addiction.

They don't hold a grudge if you are in a bad mood.

They protect us, take care of our handicap, sniff for bombs, herd our cattle, keep us company.

They never betray our secrets, even if they could talk, I honestly don't think they would disclose a confidence.

They don't have agendas like how much money you make, how you look, your social status, your home.

They just love us.

I often wonder if some dogs aren't truly angels in disguise.

I've seen dogs bring out the best in some very hurt people, people who have been hurt by their fellow human beings.

Now, some folks say there are mean dogs, bad dogs, vicious dogs..................my reply to that is either they have something wrong with their brain or a human really messed over them or bred them to be that way.

Every dog I have ever had the privilege of sharing my life with gave me way more than I could ever give them.

Uploaded by ecousticmedia on May 8, 2008 From petmemorialcenter.ca... - In memory of all the pets that have touched our human souls...

edit on 23-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I too lost my best friend, Golden Retriever, just two years after losing my Mom. I know exactly how you feel!
Candy, my dog, had been with me and my Mom since my Dad passed and after losing my mom she was my world.
She became ill and was diagnosed with liver trouble, it was the worst time of my life. She became worse by the day even though on meds. One Sunday morning when I woke up I asked her if she wanted to go outside but she just lay on my bed watching me, I moved over to her and lifted her onto my lap and held her in my arms...then she died! I to this day can't think of her without crying!
Know that we are with you!

Love and light!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Just wondering if you've got a new "best friend" yet?

If so, let's see some pics!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join