It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Biden To Be At GOP Convention?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This just in from Drudge Report, Joe Biden to appear at GOP Convention?
drudgereport.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
This just in from Drudge Report, Joe Biden to appear at GOP Convention?
drudgereport.com...

Someone should tell Joe he's a democrat.

Hey Joe! (beezzer dangles car keys) Look! Something shiny!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He will endorse Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

It will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Joe Biden's "advance" secret service team is at the convention.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by ALF88

Joe Biden's "advance" secret service team is at the convention.

It is strange. What business does he have being there?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

I don't know, I think someone forgot to tell him that the DNC is in Charlotte, NC. LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Shhh, he probably things he's in Wyoming!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's some more up to the minute info. michellemalkin.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
He is going to be in Tampa, most likely to give a campaign speech....he isn't going to be at the GOP convention.

I don't think this is very uncommon...each side wants to crash the others party and get some attention.
edit on 21-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
He is going to be in Tampa, most likely to give a campaign speech....he isn't going to be at the GOP convention.

I don't think this is very uncommon...each side wants to crash the others party and get some attention.
edit on 21-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

This they do. They will both pull all kinds stunts and annoucements etc. while the others convention is going on.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To send VP Biden to the GOP Convention is either political suicide or political asylum from Biden, himself. Far from being a political stunt. www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Either way, I think it's a way to get rid of Biden off the ticket.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Either way, I think it's a way to get rid of Biden off the ticket.

I'm not sure what you think is going on here...but it seems like you think that Biden is going to the actual GOP convention...he is not.

www.weeklystandard.com...

"Next week, on Monday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28, Vice President Joe Biden will travel to the Tampa area and other cities for campaign events," an Obama campaign official tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD. "Additional details on the Vice President’s trip are forthcoming."

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If true, another major fail on the part of the Secret Service. Whether or not you support a politician, if they have a Secret Service security detail, they need to keep their pie holes shut. It is a major screw up to give advance notice of the whereabouts and plans of the protected person. I'd say this if it were Romney's detail as well. The SS has major cleaning up to do. These agents should be fired.
edit on 21-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Biden is a political liability for Obama and this might be a distraction to get him off the ticket.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by pajoly

Biden is a political liability for Obama and this might be a distraction to get him off the ticket.

Biden is a good man, but I do not think he wins or costs Obama any votes. Just like Romney's poll numbers have not budged with Ryan (though historically naming a VP gives a temp bounce, but not this time).

I've also seen no data that shows Biden costs Obama votes. Maybe if Obama was old like Mitt Romney (though fit for his age) it might matter, but he is young and by all accounts fit. That's partially why Palin was such a disaster for McCain. They guy is old and a cancer survivor; it was rational to think stress could cause him death while in office, leaving us with that insane and igorant horse's butt for a President.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

It's a campaign event.

Do people even read posts anymore or do they gloss over anything that isn't their own?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Please don't tell me any of you actually think you are reading that Biden will actually be at the convention? Use your brains. Pretty revealing if that's what you think. Not much brain activity going on. It's a campaign trip to Tampa. You think the convention is the only place he can go in a region of 2+ million people? Campaigns commonly dog each other's trails and it is a chance to steel a little thunder.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Calm down, the headline from Drudge is just wrong. Biden will be in Tampa, at the same time the city will be hosting the GOP convention - he will not actually be attending the GOP event.

Joe Biden Tampa Trip: Vice President Will Visit During Republican National Convention

To repeat, he will only be making campaign stops in Tampa during the same dates as the GOP convention.

Some of the replies in this thread show a common lack of reading the source article before jumping to conclusions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join