Video: Barack Obama blasts cuts in Medicare in 2008 that he did with Obamacare

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
More hypocrisy from Obama. In 2008 Obama talked about the cuts to Medicare will bring shortfalls to the system. You can't cut Medicare and not cut healthcare services to Seniors who use healthcare more than the young uninsured.

Again, the entire Obamacare program is designed to kill Seniors so they will die sooner rather than later and stop collecting benefits fron SS and Medicare for so long. Obama cut 716 billion from Medicare.

THIS VIDEO IS PROPHETIC!

Obama describes what will happen to Seniors on Medicare if you cut Medicare which he did. He did it to slow the growth of life expectancy for Seniors and take that money and start a new program for the younger, uninsured that don't use as much healthcare as Seniors. It's truly Nazi Germany stuff when you add in the Independent Payment Advisory Board that will tell people what procedures they can or can't get.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

The 'cuts' were mainly aimed at insurance companies and hospitals, not beneficiaries. The law made significant reductions to Medicare Advantage, a subset of Medicare plans run by private insurers. Medicare Advantage was started under President George W. Bush, and the idea was that competition among the private insurers would reduce costs. But the plans have actually cost more than traditional Medicare. So the health care law scales back the payments to private insurers.

Hospitals, too, will be paid less if they have too many re-admissions, or if they fail to meet other new benchmarks for patient care.

Source.

It's strange to see people like Paul Ryan blast the president for cutting entitlements when that is exactly what they have been saying we should do for years.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Medicare is not a fight that Obama really wants. Medicare vs. The Economy. Pick your poison Democrats! Oh yeah, did I mention Obamacare?
edit on 21-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

This is what you quoted:

Hospitals, too, will be paid less if they have too many re-admissions, or if they fail to meet other new benchmarks for patient care.

This is yet another reason why Obamacare is a destructive force that's designed to kill people to slow down any increase in life expectancy.

I heard Robert Gibbs say the exact same thing on the Sunday talk shows. He said the cuts will help stop so many re-admission to Hospitals for the same thing.

HOW IN THE HELL WILL OBAMA AND HIS LIBERAL FRIENDS CONTROL HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS FROM WASHINGTON?

This is insane.

I have a female cousin who started having heart palpitations. It seemed like she was in the Hospital every other week. Doctors did test and eventually gave her the right medicine and dosage to help her. She hasn't been back to the Hospital in over a year except for scheduled check-ups.

What's the cut off date? How many times can you go to the Hospital and get admitted for the same illness under Obamacare? This is something they can't control from Washington D.C.

This will make Hospitals reluctant to admit people too many times for the same illness because they don't want to be penalized by Obama and the IPAB.

This is simply ghoulish and it's designed to kill people so they will stop collecting SS and Medicare so long.
edit on 22-8-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

The 'cuts' were mainly aimed at insurance companies and hospitals, not beneficiaries. The law made significant reductions to Medicare Advantage, a subset of Medicare plans run by private insurers. Medicare Advantage was started under President George W. Bush, and the idea was that competition among the private insurers would reduce costs. But the plans have actually cost more than traditional Medicare. So the health care law scales back the payments to private insurers.

Source.

It's strange to see people like Paul Ryan blast the president for cutting entitlements when that is exactly what they have been saying we should do for years.

There is no way you are that clueless and have drunk the kool-aid completely.
Doctors who take Medicare scarce
How Obamacare's $716 Billion in Cuts Will Drive Doctors Out of Medicare

Just an FYI, I work in healthcare. I work with geriatric patients. Most of our patients are on Medicare. Big hospital. Obamacare has them so scared Doctors who take primarily medicare patients have had a 30% salary reduction since it passed, many, many layoffs, with many more to come. I see the impacts firsthand every day I go into work.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Would you rather go to the hospital once and get the problem fixed? Or be told every other week to come back later so they can look again and again and again?

It's like taking your car to the shop only to have them give it back, still broken, at the end of the day.

As to the other person that replied to me, there's no more money being funneled to private insurers and private hospitals. There's still plenty of money being given to individual patients though.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

This makes no sense. Doctors are not mechanics and the human body is 100 times more advanced than a car. Sometimes Doctors have to take multiple tests as well as regulate your dosage of medicine.

I remember a couple of hospital stays for the same problem. The Doctor had to switch me to another medicine that worked great. The Doctor had no idea that the first medicine he prescribed wouldn't be that effective.

Again, Doctors are not psychic and I bet Obama would want all the tests and hospital stays for his family if they got sick.

It's really shameful that liberals think they can regulate how many Hospital stays you can have per illness from Washington D.C. All you will do is cause Hospitals to not admit patients that need to be admitted for the same illness because they don't want to be penalized by Obama and the IPAB.

IT'S DRACONIAN TO SAY THE LEAST!!

top topics

join