It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Dog Owners of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Thank you for the excellent information! We are still undecided about the shock collar system, but we need to hurry. She jumped the fence late yesterday evening and didn't turn back up until this morning, and I'm very thankful that she's okay!

If we do decide to use the system it would hopefully just be short term. I have a relative that contacted me last night (after she learned of what was going on from my father) who will sell us her system if we want it for $50, which is about a third of the cost for bringing in a dog trainer for an hour. She just used it to train her dog to stay in the fence and it's been sitting in her closet since then.

I've already spent an hour this morning with the dog walking her around the fence line to try to teach her the boundaries, but the mosquitos are ferocious! They aren't really bothering her as we used some flea med that repels mosquitos- I may have to try some of that myself!

Anyhow, thanks for the info! It's good to hear from somebody who deals with dogs professionally!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yes it works...and it does not hurt them...they will not test it more than a couple of times before they stop trying. They will not even chase after birds over that invisible fencing. The problem is what happens when it stops working for some reason...if it is attached to your electricity and the power goes out...if it were me...I would buy netting and secure it over the fenced area making sure it was completely secured with plastic ties with no holes big enough around the edges for the dog to get its head through...it would be very difficult for the dog to jump through a secured netting.

<< 1  2   >>

join