It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone's leaves turning early?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I wouldn't call a situation that stresses trees all over the nation, normal.

Not anymore than the asian invasion, the Emerald Ash Borer, that has killed millions of trees in less than a decade.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I like the way people try to find a flaw in things instead of just noticing that things aren't in a normal pattern. Many trees are turning earlier than normal. My Oak tree dumped all it's fully developed acorns a couple weeks ago, a month ahead of normal. My potatoes have already died off as have others, their cycle is already complete, three weeks early. The title of your thread is self explanatory, yet people start looking for other reasons other than the obvious that things are just happening early.

I don't know if trees have a determined length of the cycle of having leaves based on time. I know that once a tree gets all it's minerals and sugars stored it often starts it's cycle change so it doesn't have to use it's reserves. The fact that there are other things that are also happening that could show early winter coming is scarey. I want three months of a nice fall at least.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just remember things you've seen in your past and you will know it is happening. Such as, the leaves falling off the tress, foliage changing color, certain bugs that only show themselves during that time of the season, rodents starting to gather food for the winter. I started noticing leaves falling off the trees back in June and it was enough for me to stand and watch in bewilderment. Walnuts have fallen off the trees in tons, you cant walk in the back yard unless stepping on them and the squirrels have already been busy this week gathering them all up for their winter stock.

The air is right for planting your fall harvest and is what I will be doing this weekend for pumpkins. Anyone got any more tips for planting as far as anything other than pumpkins?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
OK, this is weird. I've been seeing a a few May Flies (AKA fish flies) in the past week. Now get this, not only do May Flies come out in late May or early June, and last only a few days, These May Flies are fresh out of their nymph skins, just over this week! Too strange!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
SE MIchigan here....so far, nothing out of the ordinary color wise..

It would be nice if you got a bit more rain....and the leaves don't look as sun/wind burned as they did last year at this time.

We have pin oaks on our street...the acorns are falling...maybe a wee bit early...and are pretty smalll...although the size varies from tree to tree....as well as the amount falling.

There's a type of maple a few blocks away...and the number of propellers on the group is very substantial...don't remember it being that way last year.....but the tree may be in stress.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ohio Here, and I happened to see this thread right after someone mentioned it looks like fall. Normally our trees here start changing in late Sept. to early Oct. but right now we have splashes of color in some of our maples. The burning bushes usually start changing in mid to late Sept. and are already starting to get that burning red color. Pollen levels seem to be higher then normal as well. My fall allergies hit hard last week and thats early for that as well. Anyone else noticing early allergies or high pollen levels?

This entire year has been off, we had June bugs in March, cicadas started by the end of June, and now the trees changing. I'm still bitter about the missed winter. Santa brought me and my kid matching sleds and we never got to use them

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes here in mo. I have been watching this for weeks and it is certain we are 6 weeks ahead on fall weather. I live in the woods and am a nature observer so yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join