It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian leaders in Israel's sights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"It is suggested in some Western intelligence circles that Israel may choose to disable Iran's nuclear program by eliminating its leaders, a process they are cautiously referring to as "decapitation."

Now as you watch this video. IF what the President and Ayatollah are saying is 100% accurate translation (Which I'm sure it is, since there have been loads of reports this week, and no one refuting it) would you agree with Israel's stance?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I think targeting Iran's leaders is a better option than bombing its cities, though it is a rather extreme measure and could likely lead to an armed retaliation by Iran. I would consider it an act of war by Israel.

Regardless of what Iran's leaders say to rally support, Iran isn't the one carrying out assassinations in Israel. I thin actions speak louder than words in all cases, and regardless of Iran's sabre rattling, the Iranian regime is not stupid enough to strike Israel.

Iran WANTS Israel to be the aggressor so they can seek the aid of Russia and other allies; it is very unlikely for Iran to attack Israel alone.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just like a rabid dog in your chicken coupe. The Iranian leadership must be liquidated.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm not against clandestine operations that remove a dictator from power.

I'm against a conflict that requires civilian casualties, or open conflict.

For either Israel, or Iran.

Both are tyrannical governments.

~tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Kill 1 to save thousands?

Castro proved hard to kill and he was the US's next door neighbour.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It would be counter productive, the assination of the Iranian President would only reinforce nationalism which would in turn produce an even more hardline preseident at the next election.
Assination of any of the Ayatollah's would cause uproar all across the Muslim world.It would be on a par with killing the Pope.
edit on 21-8-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think people need to remember how Iran treats Baha'i Muslims before thinking them as a 'special' state, ie they have no right to threaten Israel, no matter your personal stance on Israel and Palestine you can't accept that Iran has a say in matters at all given the way they treat their own citizens.

All Israel needs to do is wait a year and there will be a new president who will probably be more civil and play nice with the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious

All Israel needs to do is wait a year and there will be a new president who will probably be more civil and play nice with the rest of the world.

Amadinajihad doesn't run the country, the Ayatollah does and he's been in power for decades.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

I'm not sure killing the pope would cause an uproar. Also, anti Christian sentiment is allowed, anti Muslim isn't. So we can't be pissed off if and speak bad about Muslims if they killed the Pope. The other way round, Muslims would get all riled up and suggest that its another Christian crusade etc etc

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why would Israel want to assassinate the Iranian leaders?

Ahmadinejad is nothing but a puppet with no real power. His second term ends in 2013, and according to the Iranian constitution he can not be re-elected. So he's out of the game in less than a year :

articles.cnn.com...:MIDDLEEAST

Ali Khamenei, Irans' Supreme guide, is 73 years old and rumored to be in ill health. His days in power are numbered.

The best thing Israel could do is simply wait and see what happens when these guys disappear by themselves, and they know it.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Heliocentric because: flying from the edge although sometimes very scared the wise sage returns

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You people should be ashamed. If you support assassination. You are no different than the Iranian dictator. Because you will resolve to lethal actions to achieve your goals. What weak minds you people are.

Go out and rally against your own leader and feel the pain. They are no different than the Iranian dictator. The authority will round you up like a farm animal and put you away.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I believe it would be the wrong way to go. Isreal has very little friends on this planet and doing that would surely cost them more. Now if they happen to be collatoral damage then so be it.

As far as Isreal waiting and hoping for a new regime that is more friendly. What's the proof it would be? Don't you think the hand picked successors are already waiting in the wings? I do.

Hope and change doesn't work. Just ask any American.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There are only two real problems with the "decapitation" solution:

1- It can backfire if they fail to do it. Even with expendable assets, Iran could use that in their favor, and actually gain even more support for an attack on Israel and the U.S.(indirectly, of course).

2- It can backfire if they accomplish it but the guy that replaces them is even worst. Ahmadinejad is the typical Iranian leader, but he isn't actually that bad when compared to other regional leaders, or even other Iranian politicians.

This type of tactic never worked in the past, so I don't see any reason why they would do it...

new topics

top topics

join