It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Steele does an IAmA on Reddit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ex-CIA and Open Source Intelligence activist, Robert Steele, has been participating in a "Reddit Ask Me Anything" thread.
It makes for some interesting reading on a wide range on conspiracy topics, even if you don't agree with him, the format of this discussion reveals some gems.
Check it out : www.reddit.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The first reply is fascinating!

HOOOOO! Now we get to the good stuff.

CIA has lacked intelligence and integrity for a very long time, but I believe that its role in both the JFK assassination (not CIA itself but key people in CIA), and the cover up of the JFK assassination, was a turning point in history. The extreme wealthy realized they could not only kill a president, but get away with it. Every president since then has been led around by the balls and Obama, a smart man, was very quick to become house-broken--never mind that he got $750M of which $300M has still not been accounted for.

Do not read five books, read reviews of 500 books, use Scoop It, and follow Howard Rheingold's stuff on both staying informed and on crap detection.

If I answer your third question I can legitimately be investigated by the Secret Service, which is really pissed off about being part of DHS, and the last thing I want to do is get them interested in me.

Let me just say that of all the people I will not grieve for when they die of natural causes, Henry Kissinger and Dick Cheney are among them.

I always felt that every president is limited in what he can do and has to follow the playbook or get killed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I tend to agree, I wonder when that started happening?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

04) Pentagon was hit by a missile

After reading this.... I just stopped.
This guy might be ex cia.
But he's smoking crack on that.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
We all know that the CIA work by compartmentalization. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing at any one time yet this guy seems to speak with authority on any subject he is asked no matter how high the security level would have had to have been for him to have known the answer's.

I'm not buying it, without a doubt there are people out there who know the answers to the questions he is being asked on reddit but its very doubtful that one person would have access and knowledge on all the subject he is being asked. I dont doubt some of what he is saying may have an element of truth but i doubt even he knows whats real or not in the amazing stories he is coming up with..

If anything he is a diss-info agent using popular conspiracy theories to muddy the waters so that no real info gets out.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Sometimes you can call it wrong, right? I don't agree either, but if you read on I'm sure you'll find something of value to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The dis-info agent theory is one I can't easily dismiss. It mentions in the thread that dis-info is "90% truth, 10% fiction" If anything it's an interesting exercise in finding the 10%

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by melem

Of course disinfo agents would like you to believe its 90% truth because that their job to make you believe in what they say. In reality id put the figure of 90% lies with 10% truth to tie them together. Otherwise there would be no point to the exercise from a disinfo agents point of view.

I would have been inclined to take what he has to say more seriously if he had said right the start.."i can only answer question on what i was working on at my time at the CIA, i dont know everything that the CIA is involved in". But this guy wants us to believe he knew everything that has happened at the CIA for years and years..

edit on 21-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I agree with you. Add to the mix "books for sale" and all guarantees are null & void, Nonetheless his words and ideas stimulate critical thinking on subjects close to a conspiracists' heart.

top topics

join