It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conviction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

No, I am not sinless but there is a difference between having sin and living in sin.

Explain the difference.

We will always have sin in us until we enter our glorified bodies.

What do you mean by "glorified bodies"? Are you still thinking physically? Are you using your material mind? Stop thinking physically. Start thinking in terms of senses that we can't even imagine. That's the only way you'll come close to starting to understand what you're talking about.

I have a deep burden and heart for the lost. I am a youth pastor and work with mostly unchurched inner city teens.

You mean the people you have the worst chance of connecting to. They are teens, they are city people. Technology and the material world is the only way they know how to think. And you think you can explain spirit to them? That takes a gift of words. A gift for translating emotion into words. I don't see you having that gift. You make a decent parrot, but that's all.

It is no wonder that 79% of teens leave the faith after high school.

That's because schools make a point of training critical thought.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, just frustrated with the state of the American Church today.

Imagine how the theosophers feel.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So when did you become perfect and get the beam out of your own eye?

I'm pretty sure Jesus did not make that saying of the "beam in the eye" to be used as a slogan to attack people with.

The scripture admonishes us not to judge another man's servant.
Do you own slaves who you are afraid may be offended by those comments?
edit on 22-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Your 'slave' comment is a red herring and will not be addressed. And the point Christ was making was don't worry about other peoples sins and faults and worry about one's own. Or another way to put it, worry about your brother's sin (mote) when you yourself are sinless (no beam in one's own eye).

It's very humanistic to assume the Holy Spirit is incapable of convicting man by Himself and needs our assistance. He is not just the author of our faith.. He also finishes it. And the good work He began in us He will see it to completion.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Stop at your first sentence. Do not compare yourself to Jesus, He was perfect without sin.. that would be an example of a person helping out others who had no beam in His own eye and could "see clearly". Being Jesus it is His place to judge His own servants. Lastly, the Pharisees were not believers, a contextual theology fail on multiple aspects. Basically, you are not our pastor, you are not our earthly shepherd, judge your own sins. I understand your end-game, but you need to exhort in the spirit of Ephesians 4:15, only rebuke those who you are a spiritual authority over. But remember, the problems in the church are no different than they were in the first century. Just remember love, we should be known for the love we show to one another. Exhort and encourage, never condemn and tear down.
edit on 22-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And yes, apparently, people like the idea of a very bad bargain with two entities fighting for our souls, than they like the idea of fighting to survive on Earth. Of course, when it eventually comes down to the rich devouring the poor, I can kind of see where they're coming from. Regardless, that doesn't mean I can't think of a better alternative.

Fight. Stand, and fight. Too many have fallen to Ostrich Syndrome...we need to take a stand for our world. Not this mamby pamby wishy wash Jesus crap. If it hasn't happened by now, that means it's up to us. And yet everyone wants to hide, because we're convinced we're too small to do anything.

I know what you mean, and agree with you. I have been told of the two beings that are after my Soul, but when I became one with my Soul, that all changed. Now I walk without fear. And, I know how to take myself off this Old World and to the New World, the place some loosely think of as "heaven."

I believe Humanity, as a whole, will have to fight for survival, in fact, some are doing that right now. No being is going to save even one of us, we are collectively on or own.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I am a youth pastor and work with mostly unchurched inner city teens.

Well that explains a lot. I had you figured as a ATS preacher, but have to admit your youth surprises me.

We will always have sin in us until we enter our glorified bodies.

I have seen mine, have you seen your yet? I have been out of body many times over, and once saw my Soul/Spirit/Energy reflected in something shiny.
This is the way I looked, only with more colors, like a rainbow.

Is this the "glorified bodies" you spoke about, or you got something else in mind? I am quite satisfied with my own.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Your 'slave' comment is a red herring and will not be addressed.

Let's be a realist here. The God of the Bible was all about slaves, and to me, anyone who has a Lord or a Master is already a slave, for both words mean a "person."

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Do not compare yourself to Jesus, He was perfect without sin..

How can you say that when 20 years of his life are unaccounted for? There were plenty of moments when he could have sinned and then learned from it. He studied from the monks to cultivate such a pure nature. Before that, I doubt he was pure. Wise, maybe, but not pure.

never condemn and tear down.

That's a funny thing to hear from a Christian. What about the homosexuals and the men who lust after their brothers' wives, or those who eat pork or work on Sunday? What about not wearing mixed fibers and offering a son to the Lord?

These are all sins, and all result in condemnation in the Bible. And these aren't even a TENTH of all the sins that are listed. Christianity is full of tripwires, if you sincerely dedicate yourself to the actual words of the Bible. There is more wrath, hellfire, spite and jealousy in the Bible than there is love. For instance, we have the OT and the NT, each for a different race of human being? I thought we were all one species? Doesn't science prove this? And then we have Leviticus, which, according to Paul, is in the Bible for no good reason. So we pick and choose from Leviticus according to our convenience. And because of that convenience, hundreds upon thousands of innocent people have died, along with their precious culture, for not worshipping a "loving God".

Never condemn? Look to your own ways before accusing ours.
edit on 23-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join