Conviction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Quite frankly, the modern American Christian is sinful, lazy, and cowardly. Sinful? You bet. Statistics show that the divorce rate inside the church is virtually identical to the rate outside the church. The same statistical match up is true for the rate of abortion. Jesus said, ” You will know a tree by its fruit.” What is the fruit of the modern church? The same rates of abortion and divorce as the world. That’s bad fruit and it’s indicative of a bad tree. American Christians “lazy”? Again, yes. Many Christians spend a great deal more time watching television than reading their Bibles. They can quote sports statistics much more accurately than they can quote scriptures. Why? Because they consider television and sports more worthy of their time than God. They spend more money on sinful music, sinful movies, and sinful activities like nightclubs than they contribute to charities or to church. Why? Because these things are more important to them. Jesus said, ” Where your treasure is there shall your heart be also.” The typical American Christian would rather take their child to sports events all over their city or state but they will not walk so much as across the street to witness for Christ. Is the typical American Christian cowardly? Absolutely. Statistics show only about 2% of all Christians ever lead another person to Christ. They are so fearful of offending the lost that they just choose to make excuses for their silence. And if you have the audacity and boldness to be among the 2% who will speak to the lost about Jesus they will be the first ones to shout you down with chants of “intolerance” or “hater”. The typical American who claims to be a "Christian" is carnal, rather than spiritual, and is likely not saved. God Knows... Jesus said, ” Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.” Most who claim to be Christians in this godless culture do not do the will of the Father, they do their own will. They seek pleasure and fun on a daily basis and God is just someone they visit every week in a church as if the Lord is some elderly grandfather than they have conveniently left in a nursing home and have no real interest in. They live for self, not for Christ. They are in jeopardy of hell. Lets wake up. Time is coming to an end and we need to have a burden for the lost. This will either offend or convict. Frankly, I hope it is the latter. The Lord deserves better from us and we need to give Him our best. God Bless.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

Of course americans pay more atention to sports than god and don't talk to children about it, not just americans everyone.

People are start to think for themselvs instead of believing in a BOOK.

It is normal that people prefer to watch tv than to watch a man talking of another mans imaginary friend.

It is hard to read the bible and imagine god, because with its content, it is actually easier to imagine an alien visitation

The bible describes natural events, human stupidity events, and events that ressemble advanced technology, so, nothing divine here.

Want to know a fact, the "virgin" Mary (mother of jesus) got her virginity back because the people were losing their faith, so the church invented this "miracle" to keep the people interested.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
Quite frankly, the modern American Christian is sinful, lazy, and cowardly. Sinful? You bet. Statistics show that the divorce rate inside the church is virtually identical to the rate outside the church.

Many Christians are only Christian in name. In order to get their children into religious schools, celebrate religious holidays because it suits them, other than that live exactly like atheists.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Quite frankly, the modern American Christian is sinful, lazy, and cowardly.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." - Luke 6:37

You, sir, have judged far too many for far too long. You are among the many ranks of sinners you so deeply despise.

See what being an arse gets you?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to [url= by meggiddo2012[/url]

I assume you follow all the biblical laws then? You've stoned unruly children to death on the edges of your village?

I guess having an illiterate god means you can forget punctuation tho.....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Don't forget, "God" randomly decided that there would be two different Bibles. The one you're referring to is the OT, the Jewish Bible...it doesn't apply to us, supposedly.

Check out the NT instead - twice the bulls**t for the same price.
edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love it when I get negative responses because it just increases my faith. The Bible actually talks about those who would respond like this. As far as me being a sinner, you are right. I am a sinner saved by grace. There is a difference in having sin and living in sin. Regardless, continue with your negative hateful comments and I will continue to love and pray for you. Shalom.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The Bible actually talks about those who would respond like this.

When a man leads an army of fools, he knows to expect ridicule. The trick is to convince his men that he's still right. And when those men are fools, that isn't hard to do.

You've proven this.

Regardless, continue with your negative hateful comments and I will continue to love and pray for you.

Save your prayers. I don't want them. I'll be thinking of you tonight in my pentacle...

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

Don't forget, "God" randomly decided that there would be two different Bibles. The one you're referring to is the OT, the Jewish Bible...it doesn't apply to us, supposedly.

Check out the NT instead - twice the bulls**t for the same price.

Oh the NT is great, it introduced meek and mild Jesus, who tells us to love him and his father (wat?) more than our wives and children......plus the punishment of hell, being tortured and burnt in a lake of fire for finite crimes (or 'sins').

And the OP seems to be gleefully reminding folk of this wonderful arrangement....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
I will continue to love and pray for you. Shalom.

How patronising, please keep what you consider to be 'love' to yourself.....seems its all about judging people to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

That's how things work when the fiction is more appealing than the reality...

And yes, apparently, people like the idea of a very bad bargain with two entities fighting for our souls, than they like the idea of fighting to survive on Earth. Of course, when it eventually comes down to the rich devouring the poor, I can kind of see where they're coming from. Regardless, that doesn't mean I can't think of a better alternative.

Fight. Stand, and fight. Too many have fallen to Ostrich Syndrome...we need to take a stand for our world. Not this mamby pamby wishy wash Jesus crap. If it hasn't happened by now, that means it's up to us. And yet everyone wants to hide, because we're convinced we're too small to do anything.

And it's true. Apart, we're small. But together...we're very, very big. And I think that together, we can save this world. But we have to stop playing games. We have to get serious. We have to kick arse. Because these little hymns we learn in Sunday school are good for comfort, but not good for getting work done.

It's time to save the world, people. If we don't do it, no one will. See my avatar over there? That's what we need to be. That's what we need to do. Stand up and fight back. We've been under the boot of those in power for too long. No longer can we be the chattel. No longer can we be the pawns. No longer can we die and be forgotten, only to be replaced with more empty faces from the mindless masses. It's time to be heard, to be seen, to be known and recognized. It's time to rise against the machine. And that includes Christianity, too. Throw it all out. It's obsolete. We're ready for a new age.

Let us bring it in.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Seek forgiveness.
It will come to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Who are you to judge another Man's servants? The Holy Spirit's job is to convict, you job is to show love to your brothers and sisters in Christ and exhort, not tear down.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The typical American who claims to be a "Christian" is carnal, rather than spiritual, and is likely not saved.
The spirit that raises one from the dead is the same that does good works. No one will be "saved" who does not have that spirit within them. Those who endure to the end will be saved, so no one is "saved" until they have died and are judged.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

As Christians, we have a right to call out false prophets. Those who profess to be christians and live contrary to the Word of God are false prophets. They profess the Word, while living in sin. We can talk about love all day, but God is just an must punish sin.this is the problem with American churches today. They preach love but not sin. you cannot preach 1 without the other. it is no wonder that we are called hypocrites. this is what happens when the shepherd does not protect the lambs from the wolves. you can call it judging I call it applying the word
edit on 22-8-2012 by meggiddo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why in the world would anyone want to read about all the blood and guts of these ancient religion problems. Bible stories have god wanting you to kill your kid. Wiping out entire areas.

Folks are much better off never having picked up a Bible, and exposing themselves to their endless run around games to convince people to give up money and pretend to be better than everyone else.

You are not better than anyone else, especially those never even seeing a Bible. And you don't do anyone good trying to drag them into this religious disaster tale.

Folks can find better ways to do good stewardship toward others than hanging around in ancient history clouded by fantasy.

Folks need to run from this fear and gult trip religion attempts to toss onto people.
edit on 22-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Time for the present and toss the old into the can

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So when did you become perfect and get the beam out of your own eye? And when did i claim sin was not a problem in the church? It has been since Paul wrote two letters the the church at Corinth. You aren't a spiritual authority in anyone's life save your children and wife if you have them. The scripture admonishes us not to judge another man's servant. The Holy Spirit is fully capable of convicting a believer of sin. He needs no human assistance. There is a monumental difference between pointing out sin and EXHORTING in love (Ephesians 4:15) and judging/ condemning. One is shepherding/pastoring and the later is Phariseeism.

Make a mental note of that and before you speak make sure you are exhorting and in the spirit of love.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Lfie is short, so folks should not seek to get stuck in an old rutt worn deeps and wide, when they can choose a higher road and enjoy nature and the world around them.

If you really want to know about God, go hiking and camping, and enjoy life and respect many without the need of silly superstitions.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So when did you become perfect and get the beam out of your own eye?

I'm pretty sure Jesus did not make that saying of the "beam in the eye" to be used as a slogan to attack people with.

The scripture admonishes us not to judge another man's servant.
Do you own slaves who you are afraid may be offended by those comments?
edit on 22-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So was Jesus judging the Pharisees when he went off on them multiple times? No, I am not sinless but there is a difference between having sin and living in sin. We will always have sin in us until we enter our glorified bodies. There is a time to be loving and a time to rebuke and hold others accountable for their actions and I am speaking about those who claim to be religious or consider themselves Christians. I have a deep burden and heart for the lost. I am a youth pastor and work with mostly unchurched inner city teens. Those who are churched, have parents who compromise and live differently at home then what they show at church. I am a spiritual father to 2 young men whos lives have been destroyed by their parents and others in the church. It is no wonder that 79% of teens leave the faith after high school. Church has become a buisness and cull of programs. It has become a martha and has forgotten go be a Mary. At Jesus feet is where we should be daily. Forgive me I sound judgmental or critical of the church but the church and not all of them, have become complacent and lazy. We have been commissioned to share the Gospel with the lost but prefer to spend more time in a building than out. 90 of Jesus ministry was outside the temple. Anyways, sorry for the rant, just frustrated with the state of the American Church today. I do appreciate your input and response to my thread.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join