It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Provision

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You don't understand, Jesus is the spirit of life itself. If I live for him, then to what I am and do lives on throughout eternity.

I can assure you here that I am Spirit, I only ride in a body, and my name is not Jesus. Now I am Spirit, and I am quite alive, so that statement is just wrong, isn't it?

Not if there is only one spirit, with many facets, like a sparkling diamond, yet if one denies the core at the heart of the diamond from which all the light is reflected, how can he stand apart from it as a diamond unto himself? Sounds lonely, and certainly not as radiant.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nooneimparticular

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The OP screwed it up when he talked of hell at the end, pay no attention to that, because God is a God of love and love to be love must be FREE.

Ok Man, so what exactly do you call the state of someone not knowing love, being loved, or knowing how to give it?

If you aren't loved in the most deepest of ways, what life do you have?

I call that state utter lonliness or isolate consciousness, and a state of ignorance in so far as we are first loved already by love itself, and thus we ARE loved and are not alone. You are right that there's no real life without love, but it's there for those who seek it out..

edit on 24-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I post what I believe. You can accept or reject it if you want with no effect whatsoever to me. Many threads on ATS is what people believe to be true. I respect your responses to my posts because it is your belief or opinion of what you believe to be true. I only ask for the same respect.

If I post what I believe to be true, and if someone shows me that it isn't true, I won't close my mind or defend my misguided beliefs to the bitter end. I will most assuredly thank that person.

Well what do you believe is the truth then?

This, I would like to know.

Bit of a far-fetched story for ya:

Everyone in the world has come down with a disease that leaves them screaming from sheer and utter pain (except for you). While sipping a coffee in your home, you suddenly hear cheering like you've never heard before. You go out onto your porch to find a bunch of people celebrating the end of the pain. You hear almost everyone asking: "Who cured us?" One guy looks at you, and you smile while raising your cup.

This guy suddenly points to you and yells, "He did it! He cured us!"

Even as you shake your head, the people are falling over themselves to kneel and pray to you.

Within a couple of days the message has spread throughout your city, state, country, the world! News reporters are everywhere. You call out to them that you didn't do anything, but it falls on deaf ears. Your yard is filled with flowers and gifts. Your house is literally filled with money that was mailed to you from billions of believers around the world.

But, you can't spend the money because you know you didn't heal anyone. You get angry. But, no matter how vehemently you deny being the perpetrator of this miracle, the praises and gifts

just

won't

stop!
---------------------------------------------
If your god is a decent sort of fellow, wouldn't he feel the same way if everyone attributed their good fortune to him if/when he had nothing to do with it?

For believers, shouldn't your first priority to god be to totally dissect those events that are attributed to his intervention? Sure, we should all give credit where credit is due, but it is devastating to receive credit for something that we didn't do.

Your OP is the sole reason for the thread I just created, so I'm giving you your due credit. Thanks! Belief in God/Jesus through personal experience

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Everyone in the world has come down with a disease that leaves them screaming from sheer and utter pain (except for you). While sipping a coffee in your home, you suddenly hear cheering like you've never heard before. You go out onto your porch to find a bunch of people celebrating the end of the pain. You hear almost everyone asking: "Who cured us?" One guy looks at you, and you smile while raising your cup.

Even as you shake your head, the people are falling over themselves to kneel and pray to you.

Within a couple of days the message has spread throughout your city, state, country, the world! News reporters are everywhere. You call out to them that you didn't do anything, but it falls on deaf ears. Your yard is filled with flowers and gifts. Your house is literally filled with money that was mailed to you from billions of believers around the world.

But, you can't spend the money because you know you didn't heal anyone. You get angry. But, no matter how vehemently you deny being the perpetrator of this miracle, the praises and gifts

just

won't

stop!

I didn't ask for a far fetched story. I asked what is the truth to you.

It is hard to shake the truth out of this story you have offered.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

just

won't

stop!

I didn't ask for a far fetched story. I asked what is the truth to you.

It is hard to shake the truth out of this story you have offered.

I'm sorry that you don't get it. For this topic, the truth is to allow your mind to use reason, earthly evidence, and science before dumping undue praise and credit on any god. Your god gave you a mind. He would want you to always use a process of elimination instead of just jumping to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you don't get it. For this topic, the truth is to allow your mind to use reason, earthly evidence, and science before dumping undue praise and credit on any god. Your god gave you a mind. He would want you to always use a process of elimination instead of just jumping to conclusions.

Wonderful!

Since we are to use reason...

What is the reason for the Platypus?

Why so many varieties of ants? Wouldn't one be evolutionarily ideal?

Earthly evidence? What earthly evidence? Don't you know that all that you perceive is created in your mind from electrical impulses as science would have it. Then how is it that we all get the same picture? Do we? How do you know without seeing through my eyes?

Eliminate some of these questions for me please.

Then tell me why oh why did he create the Platypus if not to show the fun he had in creating.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wonderful!

Since we are to use reason...

What is the reason for the Platypus?

Why so many varieties of ants? Wouldn't one be evolutionarily ideal?

Earthly evidence? What earthly evidence? Don't you know that all that you perceive is created in your mind from electrical impulses as science would have it. Then how is it that we all get the same picture? Do we? How do you know without seeing through my eyes?

Eliminate some of these questions for me please.

Then tell me why oh why did he create the Platypus if not to show the fun he had in creating.

The fun he had in creating the platypus? And, you believe this?
What is the reason for all the galaxies that we can't reach? For all the sand on our planet? These things are what they are.

Why so many ants? Couldn't this also be asked of a god?

Earthly evidence. Physical evidence. Do you really want to derail the topic with how our brains receive information?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join