It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Punishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Be true to yourself.
GOD loves you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Tell me, when was the last time "God" did anything for us without asking for, or demanding something in return?

When was the last time he was nice to us without making up for being a complete jerk?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If you're alive then that would be - right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

1) It is a scare tactic - priest have been using it to get donation.

2) It doesn't exist, it is a made up concept originally meaning "The Grave" and grew from their - mythology.

3) The bible is not entirely true.

You can argue if you want, but what I said here is 100% fact. It is up to you to be open minded, and it is up to you to do the research if you don't believe me.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
God is a just God, and His judgment upon the sinner is more than justified.  But another attribute of God is His love for the sinner.  God, therefore provided a substitute for you and I.  The Lord Jesus Christ took on human flesh and made the payment for the sins of the world.  This is the only provision God made for you and I

If this is true, then hell was never intended for the human being to "inhabit". A provision was made, out of love, which to be love must be unconditional ie: a free gift. Thus, it was done for one and all, no matter what they "believe", the only difference being that some of us are smart enough to realize that the greater benefits of such a gift reside in our ability and willingness to recieve it, and open it.
However, whoever would threaten hell, and remove the gift of love which to be loving must be given and recieved freely, in love, that one is at grave risk of hell for undermining the love of God in Jesus Christ, who's love is ALL-INCLUSIVE and NON-COERSIVE, woe to them!

edit on 23-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This is what Jesus said so if you want to contradict Him or deny what He said then go ahead but here are the Scriptures in regards to hell spoken of by Jesus. Remember Jesus spoke of Hell as a literal place, using graphic terms

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28).

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:40-42)

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:43, 44)

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” (Matthew 5:28,29)

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city." (Matthew 23:33,34)

I have more Scriptures if you want.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Thank you for the post. You are sharing what you believe with the hope of sparing people from a horrible eternity. I appreciate that you care enough about people you don't even know to take the time to do this.

I believe in Hell. This is a topic that I can't remember hearing one sermon on in my life. I am Catholic and I understand that the Church desires people to see God as a loving God, but I think priests are being remiss in not discussing Hell. Jesus is more than a feel good Savior that is merciful and loving, He is also just. The Catholic church does not ignore scriptures that pertain to Hell, it just doesn't seem to provide much spiritual feeding on the subject IMHO. Perhaps this is the result of the Second Vatican council.

You cast your bread on the waters.

God bless you for caring about strangers.

Sadly, so many people get caught up in day-to-day existence that they hardly give eternity a thought at all until someone they love dies.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by GD21D
Let me get this straight.Because the ideal of hell was written in a book it makes it an absolute truth? You consider this irrefutable evidence?

My thinking also. Plus, it is subjective to the individual, isn't it? I mean, for me, the idea of a 2 hour church service isn't all that far from Hell..............

However, good luck to the OP with his / her beliefs. Each to their own. It would be a very boring existence if everyone thought the same way.

Agreed. And the ironic part is that, with the 144,000 souls going to heaven, and I think another 144,000 on the New Earth, the other billions of souls will be tossed into hell. (

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You might as well be quoting The Three Little Pigs. There is no punishment from God, only from evil spirits when you don't do what they say.

God; The Real God; is not a human and does not require humans to do anything for him to be happy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"God" transcends all matter and is in all matter, pervading time and space in ways we can't even imagine. At this time, we can't hope to understand the true scope of the being that became the universe and everything within it.

Someday, science will have pictures to show us, outlining the exact quantum models to demonstrate the face and voice of the One Infinite Creator. We will see that there is no punishment, no heaven or hell, nothing except the reality we create for ourselves. Because we do not see ourselves as gods, we do not see ourselves as being responsible for the condition of this world. But when we learn what "god" really is, and learn how closely we are connected to it, we will realize our power, and we will change for a better future.

I hope I live to see that day.

edit on 24-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join