It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Punishment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Satan would like nothing better than to convince you that Hell does not exist.  That it is just imaginary and a scare tactic used by churches and religious people to frighten you to go to church.  With all the imaginations and jokes put aside, we find from God's Word that Hell is a real, literal place.  Call it a scare tactic if you want, but nevertheless, it still exists.  

We are eternally indebted to the Lord for giving us so much detail concerning the eternal destiny of the lost.  We are going to list a few of the places that record God's judgment upon the lost.

(Psalm 9:17), "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

(Job 21:30), "That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath."

(Proverb 15:11), "Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?"

(Proverb 15:24), "The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath."

(Proverb 27:20), "Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied."

(Isaiah 5:14), "Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it."

(Isaiah 14:9), "Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations."

(Isaiah 28:15), The reasoning of man--"Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge (i.e., judgment) shall pass through, it shall not come unto us..."  Now God answers their reasoning (Isaiah 28:18), "And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it."

(Isaiah 66:24), "And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they (lost) shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

(Psalm 11:6), "Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup."

(Ezekiel 31:16), "I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him (Assyria) down to hell with them (lost) that descend into the pit (Sheol)..."

(Ezekiel 32:27), "...the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war..."

(Luke 16:23,24), "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame."  If this man would only have lifted up his eyes to Christ on earth, he would not be lifting them up in Hell.  I hope, dear Reader, that if you are not saved, you will right now trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour, before it is too late."

(2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9), "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power."

(2nd Peter 2:9), "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished."

(Revelation 14:11), "And the smoke of their (lost) torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

(Matthew 25:30), "And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (unbearable pain)."

(Matthew 25:41), "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

(Revelation 20:15), "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

(Revelation 21:8), "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

What a terrifying account concerning the lost.  God is a just God, and His judgment upon the sinner is more than justified.  But another attribute of God is His love for the sinner.  God, therefore provided a substitute for you and I.  The Lord Jesus Christ took on human flesh and made the payment for the sins of the world.  This is the only provision God made for you and I

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let me get this straight.Because the ideal of hell was written in a book it makes it an absolute truth? You consider this irrefutable evidence?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Let me get this straight.Because the ideal of hell was written in a book it makes it an absolute truth? You consider this irrefutable evidence?

My thinking also. Plus, it is subjective to the individual, isn't it? I mean, for me, the idea of a 2 hour church service isn't all that far from Hell..............

However, good luck to the OP with his / her beliefs. Each to their own. It would be a very boring existence if everyone thought the same way.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What is hell?
Really, what is it?

BTW: How can a judge and sound god even think about punishing humans by throwing them FOR ETERNITY into hell? What will they learn of that? How could anyone be taught by that to not do evil things? Oh right, by scaring them with stories from the holy book.

Man, am I glad that I really, really don't have to follow that book.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And by the age of twelve, Thee will receive from a night bird, a letter that contains an invitation for a sinfull place of witchcraft and alchemy, a place with the name of HOGWARTHS.

If this was in the bible you would believed it right?

Start thinking on your own, and stop taking seriously the text of books that have been rewritten countless times.

You have to read the bible between the lines, the bible is just conduit guide. When it says that you go to hell for killing, it means that killing is bad, not that hell exists.

Plus, the bible is full of bad advices like taking slaves and stuff.

Think for yourself, your mind is your god and only god, no one writes your destiny, you do.

If you believe in your hallucinations, you're a schizophrenic.
If you believe in other people hallucinations, then you're religious.

Think and open your minds.

Ps.: I am not a troll nor i intend to offend you and your beliefs

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Let me get this straight. Because the ideals of the Constitution were written in a book, does it make it less than truth? You are here posting with your freedom of speech, suppose the Constitution were merely an ideal instead of reality, would you be permitted to say these things?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Let me get this straight. Because the ideals of the Constitution were written in a book, does it make it less than truth? You are here posting with your freedom of speech, suppose the Constitution were merely an ideal instead of reality, would you be permitted to say these things?

You are running away from the point, the constitution didn't come from an imaginary friend and does not address fantasy worlds of pain or pleasure.
Please don't mix two different contexts

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
What is hell?
Really, what is it?

BTW: How can a judge and sound god even think about punishing humans by throwing them FOR ETERNITY into hell? What will they learn of that? How could anyone be taught by that to not do evil things? Oh right, by scaring them with stories from the holy book.

Man, am I glad that I really, really don't have to follow that book.

Hell is the absence of God, where there is weeping and knashing of teeth. It was compared to the city dump, Gehenna.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Thanks for that.

Again though, kind of subjective to the individual. I can honestly say that not having God in my life hasn't adversely affected me in any way! I still have morals and values which i try to live by in order to live a "good life". This is not from deep rooted subconscious desire to conform with religion, rather from a deep set subconscious desire to live well with my fellow man.

If religion gives these values and morals to people then great, that is all to the good. My point is that religion is not a prerequisite for living a good life and therefore, for me, i simply do not accept that my lack of belief condemns me to hell.

All the best though.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Let me get this straight. Because the ideal of hell was written in a book it makes it an absolute truth? You consider this irrefutable evidence?

What this guy said ^^

This is why the world's going to s**t. We're so afraid to see what we've done with ourselves, we're willing to look at anything but the truth, even if we have to paint a picture and prop it against the window so we can't see outside.

We will never go anywhere if we're too afraid to acknowledge the truth. And anyone who dares to think about it will soon realize that we were never meant to benefit from the Bible's bargain. We were intended to be the pawns in a chess game, pawns that are disposable. We are expendable, and not the good kind. "Hate the game, not the player". Well, all of the pieces are going to get tossed into a fiery pit, apparently.

No. Just flat-out no. If we don't save ourselves, no one will.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Are you using the Constitution as evidence that god exists? I can't really reply because you didn't solidify your argument with any real substance, but let me try.The Constitution and Bill of Rights are nothing more than an idea. An idea of what's right and what's wrong on a governing level. The idea of freedom of speech doesn't protect my ability to speak freely any more than the actual piece of paper the Constitution is written on.Example: The Constitution says we have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Now let's say someone is pointing a gun at you threatening to shoot you. If you hold the Constitution in front of you will it protect your right to life? Will it stop that bullet? The constitution is an idea built on a consensus from a group of people, just like the idea of a deity. An idea that has had to be amended 27 times.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And does anyone notice how these Christian types fly their flag of Christendom as though it makes them better than everyone else?

Is that what it's about? Feeling superior, feeling as though you have purpose and everyone else is just a wandering dog in the road? Is that what it is, a direction, a meaning to life? Because it's a pretty crappy one, if that's what's going on.
edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

(Psalm 9:17), "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

We've already forgotten "God". And you, sir, have lost sight of him.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What is hell?
Really, what is it?

It's trying to get one's head round copied & pasted, verbose,
biblical rants/threats written in old English (well, for me, anyway).

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

What is hell?
Really, what is it?

According to Stephen King, the master of every shadowy gremlin that lurks in the heart of humanity, the lord of all the fears and darkest imaginings that torment us in our sleep and wake us screaming in the depths of the night...

According to him, hell is repetition. And I'm inclined to agree.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. Hell is doing the same thing over and over again, knowing the results won't change but unable to stop.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neph89

You are running away from the point, the constitution didn't come from an imaginary friend and does not address fantasy worlds of pain or pleasure.
Please don't mix two different contexts

What is the context anyway, apart from your own definition of the context? And who says my friend is imaginary? That's a pretty far stretch for you to assume what is real in my life. You are running away from the truth and that is you have never experienced what I have but you spout anti-Christian dogma. Go ahead, prove to me that my friend is imaginary. I will prove that your disbelief is nothing more than anti-Christian propaganda.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You think you can prove that something that only exists in the imaginary world is real?

Well then, has god ever did something that anyone can tell it happened?
Of course not, you can almost match your god with any politician, they promised allot, but nothing happens.
Humm... In this way of though, then Odin is more of a god than your god, because Odin promised that he will kill all the ice giants and i don't see any of those giants

One cannot fight fact with belief, and if you believe your god is real, you must bring factual evidence to prove it (ideas will not sufice).

Oh, and one thing, i am not anti-christianity, i am anti-religion, because religion was the start of the corruption and the brainwashing that humanity suffers from.

Your move.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by UnaChispa

Thanks for that.

Again though, kind of subjective to the individual. I can honestly say that not having God in my life hasn't adversely affected me in any way! I still have morals and values which i try to live by in order to live a "good life". This is not from deep rooted subconscious desire to conform with religion, rather from a deep set subconscious desire to live well with my fellow man.

If religion gives these values and morals to people then great, that is all to the good. My point is that religion is not a prerequisite for living a good life and therefore, for me, i simply do not accept that my lack of belief condemns me to hell.

All the best though.

You're absolutely right about religion not being a prerequisite for living a good life. Religions organized by men are harmful to spirituality. I didn't get my morals and values from religion. I despise organized religion.

I did get salvation through Jesus, though. Jesus isn't for everyone. He said himself, we didn't choose him, he chose us. Jesus was all about loving your fellow man. "Love your neighbor as yourself." "Love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you".

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

. . . so much detail concerning the eternal destiny . . .

That is nice that you collected all those quotes in one place.
I think that is a good way to start a thread, to have all the relevant data available for easy reference.
One of the verses you partially quote

(Ezekiel 31:16), "I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him (Assyria) down to hell with them (lost) that descend into the pit (Sheol)..."
If you go back a bit into verse 15, you see it is including the trees of Syria going down to Sheol too, so it makes it a bit difficult to see it describing some place of punishment, especially when it goes on to say that it is a place where the "trees of Eden" will be comforted.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The concept that a truly loving God...a father to his children, would subject them to such death and gore majick, is reprehensible...the continued spreading of this concept demonstrates the inability of his 'children' to grow up.

Is this state, the state you would subject your own children to?...one of perpetual childhood?

A99

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join