It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have a right to resist arrest, when it is unlawful, why do police always justify brutality with

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
constitution.org...

it has been upheld by the "supremes" it is a known fact, so why do law enforcement officers forget? They choose to ignore the fact, because it gives citizens the right to defend themselves against police brutality.

"Up to and including taking an ifficers life if necessary"- supreme court of the united states of America

I. Keep seeing these stories, where officers are attempting to arrest a citizen for nothing at all except not bowing down to law enforcement, then they get shot, beat to death, or close, bones broken, child, adult, sick, inferm, oederly etc.

Citizens do not have to tolerate this abuse, citizens have the right to defend themselves from all abuse at all times. The right to self defense has been a universally recognized human right, since ancient times. Just because it is today changes nothing.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Tell that to the knife wieldng homeless man who was shot 47 tmes by these cowards.....
He was nowhere near a threat to any offcer when they began to cut him down in a withering hail of police bullets.....
. The only way we can successfully resist police brutality now is to go about armed,
With a CAMERA.....
Trying to resist an illegal arrest is tanamount to a death sentence by cop bullets......
Many people have been shot dead for no reason.....other than standing their ground in a confrontation with trigger happy cops.....
Police have changed from those we once looked up to and respected...nto storm troops and bully boys....
They swagger about with their hand never straying far from their weapons and their eyes constantly searching for people to intmidate.....
If everyone began to practce open carry, maybe the people would be able to stand up to this brutal new method of policing they are employing in our streets.
If there was a chance an armed citizen or two may witness the beating of some hapless teenager , or the kickng to death of some homeless drunk.....
I beleve that the police would suddenly find a very new respect for those whom they supposedly ":protect and serve" at the very least we may be able to remove some very bad apples from the police forces.......
The game of intimidation has got to stop or the blowback will be horrendous.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If people would stop shooting and attacking the police maybe they wouldn't be so "trigger happy".

The threat to police sometimes comes from the strangest sources. The police are wired to react in an instant to save lives. Unfortunately, it doesn't always end well.

In the case of brutality, officers are often running on pure adrenaline. The body's involuntary system takes over, pumping chemicals into the bloodstream. At this point the officer becomes pure animal and there is not much to be done about it.

I don't excuse brutality and excessive force, but I do understand what the body does in the name of self-defense.

When the s**t hits the fan you want an officer who will fight to the death to protect you. Anyone who says they don't is a liar.
edit on 8/21/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
When I was young and naiive I would pride myself to mouth off a cop, now it's strictly "Sir! Yes sir!" out of fear of getting tazed or shot for simply asking why I am being unlawfully detained.

I have nothing to hide, and don't do anything wrong, but get harrassed quite a bit.

The fact that I have to kiss their behinds pisses me off but it's better than ending up like all the other recent police victims. The last thing I want to do is flip the switch on one of these jack boot thug wing nuts.

Sad world we live in eh?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

i agreen they will only stop when we FORCE them to stop. There is no reason an adolecent needs to be punched in the face when 5 LEOs are holding him down, no. Reason for a handcuffed and help down suspect is being beaten. It is brutal to the point of nonsense, there is no justification.

For the flamers save your" you don't know what its likeblah blah blah" they can find other emplolyment any time they choose. They are not forced to be LEOs, it is their choice, just like they choose to abuse their authority, and the trust the public has placed in them. I mean they are about to go jail, that was, is and always will be bad enough.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Why don't you put on the blue suit and try it if you think you know the best way to do the job?

Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

There's a shortage of good cops out there. Be one instead of just talking about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

I was a soldier, that is a bullsh*t justification. Soldiers don't get a pass for far less on actual AK47 toting terrorists, civilian law enforcement definantly doesn't get a pass. I think I know about adrineline rushing through your veins, it is still not justified.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Read for comprehension. I said I do not condone it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

My reading comprehesion is just fine, I was responding to your first reply, where you mention them being attacked..... and danger coming from ........ like I already posted, we as soldiers don't get a pass, even though we are being attacked from unexpected enemies at random. LEOs can find a new job any time they want, yet use what sombody else has done to them as justification, soldiers don't get to say, well a guy with a turbin.....so we just shoot everybody with a turbin.... soldiers can't just say "ok I have had enough" and walk away, LEOs can at any time, it is their fault, period! They deserve every bit of the animlsity they are receiving, I hope to see more at an ever increasing rate until such a time as they begin to "protect and serve" instead of "harrass and intimidate".

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You obviously have a gripe with the police. Did something happen to you, or are police just a convenient target for your anger?

Incidentally, in war, I believe no soldier should be second-guessed. It's the reason we're still mired in the ME.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Not all cops are bad, but they are still people. People make mistakes, but their mistakes are fatal.
If we are going to be understanding and put police officers on a pedestal for the stresses they endure, then perhaps they need to be held accountable for their mistakes more directly.

Police officers undergo psyche evals. frequently, because of many reasons. Usually, the evals are for checking if they can handle the stress the job entails. Either way, if you can't hold your composure in the heat of the moment, then being a cop is not for you. Not everyone can be an officer, it's a heavy burden to carry and an even harder task to fulfill to its entirety. Which is why NO ONE WANTS TO DO IT, but we need cops. So until we can actually evaluate a cadet properly at the academy expect the power tripping, trigger finger cops to be hired.

So we punish them more severely when they make a mistake, much more severely. Maybe then those assholes will stop applying to be peace officers.

sorry for any grammatical errors.

edit on 8/21/2012 by MrGrimm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

I don't know what jurisdiction you're with, but my department conducts two psych exams and they're both pre-hire. No evals post-hire.

Where are you?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

never been beat up by the police, arrested etc. Why do you think the only reason I would want them to perform their job correctly would be a personal vadetta?

I am simply tired of seeing children, old ladies, small women, cuffed suspects etc be brutalized legally by criminals. What is the point of "law and order" if there is none?

The police rutinely act worse than the suspect, yet the suspect gets beat senseless, shot, killed etc and nothing happens to the the police who are obviusly way worse than those they are arresting.

I simply put, want those that claim to be upholding the law, and are being paid tax dollars to do so, to also follow the law. It seems very simple to understand to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Ah yes, you show your rational at last.

You are a cop, you" don't think soldiers in combat should be second guessed" meaning you don't think LEOs should be either. Correct?

Lol, you should read some psych somtime, people will tell you what they really mean, just keep them talking and listen.

It can't work that way, there must always be oversight at all times on every public servant, otherwise abuse runs wild, as seen in almost every major city in the country.

Nobody is above the law, nobody should be allowed to think they are.

BTW, thank you for your service. It is a tough job I know, please don't forget, everyone isn't responsible for anybody elses misconduct.take every situation as an individual situation, don't let it get personal, it is just a job.

Once again, thanks for your service. I hope you are one of the good guys, setting the bar for those that aren't.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'm medically retired in good standing after 25 years. I believe I served the public to the best of my ability. I was a Field Training Officer and an instructor.

P.S. ~ Soldiers are in a war zone. They should be allowed to wage war when we call it a war. Anything else is pointless. Lives are wasted either way, but at least in the former instance we have a leg to stand on.
edit on 8/21/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join