Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Family Research Council shooting suspect had 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in bag, FBI says

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Floyd Lee Corkins II, the suspect in Wednesday's shooting ‏at the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the Family Research Council, was carrying 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in a bag when he opened fire, according to the criminal complaint filed by the Justice Department on Thursday.

He also came with two spare mags, a box of 50 extra rounds, and a bad attitude......
But thanks to his poor marksmanship, his aims were thwarted.....

The link shows a picture of a pretty messed up dude being led away.....
I wonder if he was another programmed looser turned loose to scare Amercans out of their guns.......?
If so he went off the rails somewhat in his attempt......
Is this the way of life now for us?
Or did all those hormones in the chicken send him out of control?
A humourous headlne, but the man was obviously prepared for some bigger siege than what occurred......
Much more blood could have been shed here.......
The ratio of Gun owners to CCW permitees who do carry, at all tmes is too small to make much difference in some states......
The only real defence against such off the wall attacks IS self defensively arming people.......as is the best defense against terrorist acts.....
Look at Isrealis...They live with their weapons much of the time...yet there seems to be a lot fewer problems of this nature....by large %ages.....
Our society has become filled with adult people who want NO responsibility for their own lives even.....
Logic dictates the armed citizen, is the last bastion of" national security."....

edit on 21-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

sorry about the lnk folks...apologes to all

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 21-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Look at Isrealis...They live with their weapons much of the time...yet there seems to be a lot fewer problems of this nature

I bet if you asked the Palestinians you would get a different answer. Btw you forgot the link.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Every time I read this I wonder, Just what the # does chick-fila sandwiches have to do with this in any way shape or form?
edit on 21-8-2012 by Snakedoctorjw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snakedoctorjw
Every time I read this I wonder, Just what the # does chick-fila sandwiches have to do with this in any way shape or form?
edit on 21-8-2012 by Snakedoctorjw because: (no reason given)

The fellow that was arrested, after shooting the FRC guy in the arm, and being wrestled to the floor, was active with a local gay group for months prior, and stated that he didn't agree with the policies of the FRC (Family Research Council). The sandwiches were apparently to make some statement, since the owner of Chick-Fil-A recently stated that he supports traditional marriage. There was a huge amount of support for that business after some politicians declared they would block the building of any of those restaurants in their areas. The Southern Poverty Law Center went and declared the FRC and other conservative groups as "certified hate groups", thus encouraging people to do what this gunman attempted. This same gunman also had, in his pocket, information on another conservative group, the Traditional Values Coalition (TVC), including the location of their DC offices. It's believed he planned to attack there as well.

Interesting thing, too - the TVC head contacted Eric Holder to ask for protection, in case this gunman wasn't working alone, and received NO response. Nor has anyone in the government condemned or corrected the SPLC for labeling these groups, and encouraging violence against them. It seems as though Christian groups don't get protection like any other group would under such circumstances. Well, considering that the only injury was a shot to the arm of the one man, and that apparently not too serious, it looks like God was watching out for them.

In any case, that is the "why" of the sandwiches. His exact use, as far as I know, hasn't been told yet, but the connections are there. Maybe he planned to force his victims to eat them before shooting or something. Clearly, though, he decided that people don't have a right to disagree with him on the issue of marriage, and should die if they do. So much for "equal rights"......

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

Really?

(shakes head)

FRC is supported by Chick-Fil-A.

IRONY.
edit on 21-8-2012 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Its all become so incongruous......just a melange of news thats filled with idiotic people doing hateful things....
How are the few normal people left in this world going to find each other?
I really am beginnig to believe that the bulk of ths world is officially insane and totally unstable....
Those who would stand against such bizarre thoughts and actions get bowled over by the sheer wieght of numbers....
The more earnest the attempt to staunch the madness, the harder the crush of the insanity against it..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thank you Didnt know that!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Good infor GreenEyes.

I have often wondered if I should stand infront of our chruch or have a roaming patrol around it with an AR15...just in case some leftwing nut or islamic terror group chooses to show up and make a point.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm bumping this because i didn't even hear about this until this morning and i think it is a worthy cause. I heard this morning he had been charged with terrorism. You have to wonder at the sheer amount of hate in people that would cause them to inact a plan to carry out mass murder, and then turn around and take chik-fil-a sandwiches and rub them in the faces of the dead and dying. People like this should be executed publicly by hanging as a warning to those seeking to commit acts of mass murder.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

In any case, that is the "why" of the sandwiches. His exact use, as far as I know, hasn't been told yet, but the connections are there.

The sandwiches were a psychos way of saying a homosexual committed the murders, like leaving a calling card. His demented way of thumbing his nose at Christ's authority in an "in your face" way, quite literally He was probly thinking of saying "here's your f-ing chik-fil-a sandwiches you christian bastards, now eat that" after committing the murders.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What kind of mind altering drugs are in those Chick-fil-A sandwiches?
Maybe I should try one. I saw a lot of people on the news lined up at their restaurants on the news this fall. Kind of makes me wonder
edit on 7-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join