It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Civil War: Christians VS... Antichristians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

And the fact that the media and other rebellious, faithless and headless folks keeps attacking christian community and trying to destroy it surely doesn't count, right? I am sorry, but although you statement is half-true, it is also half-wrong. There is really a sect, out there, that thinks Lucifer is right, that christians have it all wrong, that they (antichristians) are right and christians are wrong.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is a guy actually insulting christians, telling them that if they believe in God, they believe in a lie.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am not anti-Christian. I am disapproving of Christianity's views. There is a difference...hate the shepherd's crook and dog, not the sheep.

I'd like to show you an example of why I disapprove. Let me lead into it by saying that "God" never gave us free will, and I can prove it.

Now, to explain the question and answer it: "Did God give us free will...or did the fruit?"

It's clear that our poor choices come from our free will, as do our good choices. But the mere act of choosing implies there's more than one option, some more desirable than other options. But how do you know it's more desirable? Because you know where the other option will lead. You know, and you don't like it. This means that the ability to recognize a good option comes from the freedom to make bad choices.

Now, in the story, before Eve and Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge, they were obviously pious or gracious or pure or whatever enough to stay in the Garden of Eden, right? But when the opportunity came to disobey the one command they were given, they broke the rule. Why? Because they didn't have the experience to say no. They'd never made that mistake before, so how were they to know what lay down that path?

When you don't have the freedom to make mistakes, you don't have free will. "God" prevented them from having the opportunity to stumble, until the fruit became involved. And according to Christian faith, he punished them by throwing them from the garden. Because the fruit showed them both positive and negative, and with that knowledge came free will. The freedom to make mistakes.

"God" didn't give us free will. The fruit did.

So let's start with that, shall we?

edit on 22-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

That's interesting, because I see plenty of atheist trolls on ATS, and they're just as full of hatred and bile as the religious trolls you magically only see.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I don't think M a troll, far from it. He does have a way of getting in a person's face, doesn't he? From reading M, I can see that he is very well educated, and very well read. So am I. What we do is not to insult Christians, we are simply attempting to tell you all what we have learned in our studies. And if you will notice the trends in ATS, notice that the intelligent, secular group that Christians say are attacking and insulting them are not.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's with apprehension that I don't support this trend. I wish they'd believe in God, but not support organized religion.

Religion itself is not evil, it's just the people who misuse it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by maes2

Correction: I call SOME atheist antichristians. SOME atheist I know run around ATS trying to insult christians. I know, I am still arguing with some of them, saying: Stop visiting christians's threads if you don't like them.

With all due respect, I am one of those who argues with Christians on ATS. I enjoy it, it's actually quite funny a lot of the time. And besides, without a debate nothing changes.

For the record, I am not "anti-Christian". If anything I am anti-dictator. If there were Jewish posters, Muslim posters, Buddhist posters, Orange, Purple or Green posters proclaiming their superiority over me, calling me "unnatural" and making demands about my rights as a Human, I would be treating them with exactly the same disgust and disdain.

When Christians stop meddling in law and state, and they stop trying to be dictators of their nations, then there will be no problem.

As long as any Christian is working to deny me my rights to an equal life and opportunities I will argue and fight them all the way.

This is an open forum, with freedom of opinion and expression. If the religious right are permitted to verbally attack gay people whenever they wish, then I have the right to fight back. And that is what I intend to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

When Christians stop meddling in law and state, and they stop trying to be dictators of their nations, then there will be no problem.

For tens of thousands of years, one of the functions of mythology has been the validation and maintenance of an established order. Its perfectly natural for the dominant mythology of a culture to try to fulfill its functions.

Its unreasonable to expect the major change you want to happen virually overnight, relatively speaking.

Christianity is unable to fulfill all its functions. So it tries too hard here and not hard enough there.

edit on 22-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Did you think about what you just said? Saying that christians are not intelligent, atheist are. That's exactly the kind of behavior which brings christian's anger up. What happens when you stomp on a scorpion, Autowrench? It ends up trying to put its stinger in your foot before it dies. Why do you think christians get aggressive? The same reason why you got angered against them: Attacks from both sides. That's a war.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I see. "you enjoy it". That's all I needed to hear. Thanks for admitting it. You need to find another hobby than using ATS to attack christians just "for fun". This site's T&C clearly defines and disapprove this kind of behaviour. I happen to agree with this T&C.
edit on 22-8-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't know what the problem is. There is almost nothing Christians love more than some good old fashioned persecution. After all, if somebody hates you for believing something, it must be right, right? Otherwise, why would they even care? The more persecution and conflict between Christians and others, the more Christians like it. So everybody's happy all around.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Good, then the idiots from both sides will be gone leaving the sane Christians/Atheists/whatever to live their lives in peace.

Sorry for the one liner, but whatever.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

It is very bizarre to listen to people tell you what their gods think, or mean to say. I always relate it to the 1950 movie "Harvey", where Jimmy Stewart walks around town with a six-foot invisible rabbit.

Yes, it is. I often call them on this, but they say I am insulting them and move on. To hear one or two of our Cult members in here talk, God talked, and they were right there listening, and writing it all down. I like to ask Christians, when God created all of this, who watched him do it? If no one was there, then all we have is Man's words it happened. Harvey was a good analogy.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The bigger picture is this. The globalists want everyone to fight over little petty things. From race, to gender, to economic class, to religion, political views, then countries, factions etc etc.

They position the chess board in a way where we don't understand that we need to unit. Intead we're a bunch of sheep in the sheep pen fighting each other thinking one gang is superior over another.

Instead we need to set aside all these petty disagreements and focus on the big picture which is that where not willing to be treated like a bunch of free range chickens anymore. That we have the right to think and act for ourselves and not be the brainwashed slaves of TPTB.

I'm a Christian and if someone else doesn't want to believe in that, that's fine it's no sweat off my brow. But I think we all need to just focus on the big picture of what goes on our there and how they constantly get us fighting with each other to keep us down.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

That's interesting, because I see plenty of atheist trolls on ATS, and they're just as full of hatred and bile as the religious trolls you magically only see.
/TOA

Start a thread on Aliens, Ghosts, Channeling, or Spirits and watch how fast the Christian trolls come to it, like flies to honey. One group is as bad as the other.
By the way, I have been told by the Christians of ATS that all of the above are in fact, Demons. And they work at fooling people. Are you fooled? I studied Demonology for two years. Why have I never once spotted a Demon, and yet good Christians are plagued by them?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Attacks from both sides. That's a war.

Yes, sadly it is a war, or at least, war talk. This is why I wish the Vatican would give up all of it's secrets and set things straight. Or a goggle of UFOs land in the White House lawn. We need something to show for the fight, why not that? I am against war, and killing, but will if necessary. It is not me personally that is putting Christianity on trial, it is the World. Face it now, or face it later, your choice. I think the trends will continue.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Krazysh0t

Exactly. You are presenting it very accurately. Some christians are just donkeys, I saw them myself doing exactly what you described. But there are also antichristians who actually are sick of any christians and become trolls. If only the right balance between religion and atheism would be found, no conflict would arise. Like yourself, sir. You are an atheist (agnostic) who tries to see what's true.

How about this... I am a Christian... But i think religion has kept more people away from God than anything else. In my studies and limited knowledge it seems to me that Jesus said we should follow his teachings, love one another, and let others know what he did for them. But with man things get all screwed up in organized religion. So how about this balance. We just have Christians and non-Christians. So now we can have conversations about what we each believe the Truth to be.

Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
First off. I have to say the whole atheist vs christian thing is a joke. It is misconstrued by most people. Most self proclaimed atheist are really agnostic. If you are a true atheist all deifiable religions should be fair game. So why not argue with a Hindu or a Muslim? Disprove all gods not just the one you got a bias for. Instead most will prefer to knock the one they know. Christians are a funny bunch, you have the passive types who are tolerant of people of different views and then you got the rabid missionary types who act like they got a quota of souls to save each month

Religion once did a service by providing a ground work of morals that were often not lived up to by it's followers. The modern age took the mystique away from the world. What was once a miracle gets explained by science. Atheist spend their time now "protecting" the country [US] from Christianity. No prayers in school, but once upon a time there where and except for extremist people never took action if you didn't participate. But in attacking Christians over their prayers they also prevent other religions from practicing theirs. And if you are a atheist why should praying is schools be a problem? How can children learn to make up their own minds if they don't get to experience it? Don't go into the worst case about priests and such ask the real question to yourself.

Me personally I am content in my belief system, which is by no means Christian
Spirituality which gets confused with religion is a personal thing. No one knows, they hope at best to be right, I don't care to argue the points of it unless provoked.
My religious views are taken from my life and well no one but me has lived it. But all religions are worthy being examined and the good parts taken from it. The attack atheists forget that and have kinda of created their own little cult.

edit on 22-8-2012 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by detachedindividual

I see. "you enjoy it". That's all I needed to hear. Thanks for admitting it. You need to find another hobby than using ATS to attack christians just "for fun". This site's T&C clearly defines and disapprove this kind of behaviour. I happen to agree with this T&C.

Well I am not amused by what I do,nor do I do it for fun in fact, the research alone is hard work. The reason I do it is because I am concerned. A Christians beliefs and faith are literally set in stone, and can never change.....while all the time we have a changing world that will only keep changing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Start a thread on Aliens, Ghosts, Channeling, or Spirits and watch how fast the Christian trolls come to it, like flies to honey. One group is as bad as the other.
By the way, I have been told by the Christians of ATS that all of the above are in fact, Demons. And they work at fooling people. Are you fooled? I studied Demonology for two years. Why have I never once spotted a Demon, and yet good Christians are plagued by them?

Start a thread on spirituality, or Jesus, or Allah, and watch how fast the atheists come to it yadda yadda. I made it clear I believe they're both full of self-righteous furor.

And while I'm not strictly-speaking a "Christian", I could easily be labeled that as I am a follower of Christ. But I would call them aliens, ghosts, channeling, or spirits. Muslims call them djinn, but I don't see you mocking them for it. Cherry pick much?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

So debating Christians is attacking them?

What a mindset.

Some people don't want to discuss things they just want to talk at you rather than with you.

Why is it always assumed with conservative Christians that to debate them is ALWAYS an attack?

Why is it always that when they want to talk it's never an attack?

Hmmmmmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join