It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Civil War: Christians VS... Antichristians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So everyone talks about it. Recently an american newspaper made the figures: more and more people are losing interest in christianism and go atheist, that is, they don't believe in any gods. As an atheist myself I can't oppose this trend: I personally think this is good: it shows people do not want to blindly follow the Bible anymore, and want to gain more freedom. I spoke of this trend with a friend of mine, a preacher (yes, a preacher! And believe it or not, a total atheist and a total christian can actually be friends, and work toghether to try and find the truth), and he himself acknowledge this fact, and he is not worried one bit (he explained to me why, but that's another topic).
So, the point is, atheism is on the rise and christianism is currently slowly losing ground. It reminds me of a chess game, in which smart moves counteract each other. But I recently discovered that this chess game (ideas and concepts are the pieces, media and forums are the chessboard) is, in fact, a war, a war of informations. USA is completely divided about whether a god exist or no. But now, I see that instead of using their keen minds to try and find truth, some atheists (I would say at least 75%) actually went balistic, and roam around actually attempting to destroy christianism itself.
Just like individuals that insults homosexuality are called homophobes, and folks who hate anything foreign are called xenophobes, antichritians are people that hate christians. I would have called them "christophobes" but then you would confuse it with the name "christopher", so antichristians is more accurate. "Anti" means "against", and the christian community is the targets of those people.
Antichristians. You all came across those. They claim they are using "logic" but all they do is really listen to the big media (owned by one of the biggest bank owner, lord Rothschild, who is, in case you don't know, an antichristian himself) and parrot what the sensational news they see on ABC. If you're a christian, then, according to antichristians, you lived a whole life of lies. What is the purpose of an antichristian? They are normal people that were programmed by TV shows and news to seek and destroy all christians in the US, which once was the land of "freedom".
Antichristians try to judge christians. What they don't understand, is that: to judge, one needs to impartially consider EVERY opinions, not just Bill Maher's or ABC's. Those folks (ABC and Bill) are paid by "philantropist societies" like the Rockfellers (Google the words "Rockfeller 4 futures philantropism"), which "attempts to influence the future of the World" so that it fits better their plans.
What antichristians don't realize, is that their behavior, which is basically trolling, is specially forbidden by this site's Term and Conditions, and that other people can click on these troll's member bars (the list where you'll find "send message", "make friend", etc) and find a convenient button named "ALERT!", which, if clicked, will enable you to report incorrect behavior to this site's moderators.
I have seen atheits which calmly discusses opinions, providing new rare archeological facts, then I have seen antichristian atheist, whose only purpose is to insult christians, I have seen bad christians, who only wants to convert you to their religion, and I have met good christians, who understand you opinion and gently discuss it.
The World is already divided enough. We don't need an additionnal war on this site: please, antichristians, stop the war with christians, and christians, stop looking for future converts. We all have the right to believe what we want: it's called free will.
Stop the war that currently is corrupting ATS.

Peace, freedom and joy

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I like your post.
This I would like to add. Atheists i.e people who do not believe in a god should never even enter any discussion. It is like discussing empty space between two objects. They have no agenda because they do just not believe. If I eat food but don't like tomatoes, that doesn't make me have an agenda regarding those.

I like the idea of Antichistans. Now they DO have an agenda. They want to get rid of x-tianity. Is this a bad thing?
Well for x-tians it may be but the truth is that antichristians were born because of the existence of x-tianity. They are almost a counterweight to something that has taken over too much.
Their existence is a natural follow up to even things out.
Whilst atheists just want t o be left alone when it comes to any religious stuff, x-tianity or islam could in theory slowly creep forward and take over the world.

So, some atheists will become antichristians and I hope in general antireligionists. They are the guys that keep a look out for the brainwashed to take over.
I am somewhere in the middle. I am spiritual but do not believe in a creator, I am anti religion but mostly let everyone get on with it until I get physically annoyed by those trying to convert me. Then I will tell them my opinion in a short and easily understandable way, because I know from experience that you can't ever have a discussion with anyone fanatic enough trying to convert you.

I had brilliant discussions with new born christians and we both listened to each other but in the end we knew both that we can't be converted.

In short I think antichristians are needed, they are the active answer to millenia of x-tian behaviour, from forcing people to believe by crusades or burning of non believers, ringing your doorbell on a Sunday afternoon shoving god down your throat, following you around with open bibles shouting at you that you will burn in hell, to putting up big posters that jesus loves me etc etc etc.

A cornered dog will eventually bite and antichristians are just doing that. I won't do it as I am not militant enough but someone has to do it to put religionists back a few paces.

If you can't behave like a civilised being without using a book, then IMO you are not a civilised person!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Very good post, thanks for your input! I was thinking in the same line.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here is a quote from a bleach manga that I believe sums this whole debacle up quite nicely for all parties.

"Every human is evil by all means
In order to imagine justice from oneself
There is no other way but to imagine that every other being is more evil than oneself"

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

"Every human is evil by all means
In order to imagine justice from oneself
There is no other way but to imagine that every other being is more evil than oneself"

Certainly not all parties, I mean it's hardly an axiomatic statement. Just some more of the poorly translated novelistic Japanese navel gazing we have all come to love the genre for. I know it's just a manga quote, so whatever, but the doctrine of Original Sin already basically says everyone is born evil. So you take that insane dogma, and then add an addenda that says we must therefore imagine all others as more evil than ourselves in order to effectively "imagine justice from oneself"? Just a semantic nightmare of meaningless and grotesque self referential "logic".

I love manga too, but the OP's heartfelt plea deserves a more original synopsis. How about:

"From nothing came humanity, and to nothing we shall return. Let us rise above the vacuum and fill the void with our hearts. For our time is short, our bodies weak, but the embers of our collective vision smolder to flame the sleeping minds of the ignorant."
~tricycle

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is very bizarre to listen to people tell you what their gods think, or mean to say. I always relate it to the 1950 movie "Harvey", where Jimmy Stewart walks around town with a six-foot invisible rabbit. The film is very amusing, but to actually know people like this in real life, is very uncomfortable. But, in the film, Jimmy Stewart actually was such a pleasant man, that one could see that his beliefs could be easily tolerated. Sometimes this is the case in real life, but living in the "bible-belt" of America, it is not usually the case.

I don't like to equate anything with war that is not war, but I will say that there is a conflict between those who live in a godless world, and those who live in what appears to be a fantasy world. So, I personally, am going to feel a profound detachment from those whose beliefs are only truly understood by them alone, individually, no matter how many people sing hymns about it.

But, on the bright side, the beautiful writings of Kierkegaard, the wonderful symphonies of Beethoven, and the amazing architecture of Notre Dame de Paris, does make for fine excuses for humans to struggle with, and express their fantasies in this world

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by swan001

I have been on ATS for awhile now....and I have never come across an atheist troll....ever. Most of the trolls I see or rather most of the posters I percieve to be trolls, are religious. They will chime in on almost any subject and insert a god (maybe some bible verses) into the conversation when its not relevant. They usually get support to.

I think your problem is that you think religion is above criticism, its not. Pretty much any belief you hold will be challenged. Religion is no exception. This is not just between christians vs atheists. Agnostics and other non religious groups also criticize religions. Different religions challenge each others beliefs. Christians are just butthurt that they cant run around telling people what to think anymore.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nice post, I wish you had broken up that large block of text into smaller paragraphs however. It's too easy to get lost in what you are reading. Anyways, I most correctly identify as an agnostic. I don't necessarily not believe in God, but I do want to see some more (any) evidence that He exists. I do however agree with the previous poster who said that its the religious people who tend the troll the atheists more. I was having a conversation about math once and someone started telling me that math is wrong and started quoting bible passages. I'm sorry that's just ridiculous. First, no one had even mentioned anything to do with religion. And second, to say that math is wrong is just silly.

Its gotten to the point where my eyes will just gloss over bible passages in a post since it rarely brings anything relevant to the table. I want to read actual factual, cited information not something that some guy wrote in a book over a thousand years ago.

Also I feel that atheists can also get harsh because religious people tend to debate with their hands over their ears. I've read many posts and talked to people where no matter how much information you put in front of their faces they will just deny it with something akin to saying "NUH UH!" Then quote some bible passage as if that is proof that some sort of scientific theory is incorrect. Its not surprising that people would get frustrated with this behavior.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

still I can not undrestand why you call atheists anti_christian ! if an atheist has a question whether God exitsts or not it does not mean that they are anti_christian. anti_christians are those that worship satan. not only they do not worship God but they worship Baal. and what I am seeing is that anti_christianity is growing not atheism. nowadays illuminaty, freemasonry, Cabalism, zionism, Wahabism, evangelism and satanism are all related to eachother ! these are the religions of the new world order ! secularism is a lie !
sometimes reality is far stranger than the legends !
www.globalpost.com...
are you anti_christian or those that claim they are christian (evangelists) and do worship Bush(I mean the president of USA not Baal ! ) !
videosift.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Correction: I call SOME atheist antichristians. SOME atheist I know run around ATS trying to insult christians. I know, I am still arguing with some of them, saying: Stop visiting christians's threads if you don't like them.
Zionism is a copy of christianism.. with everything reversed: Jesus didn't die, Jesus had sex, Jesus made 13 bloodlines (zionists), some of which are Rothschild, Rockfellers, etc.
edit on 22-8-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The problem being that Christians aren't the issue - just as with any other religion, it's the extremists who rock the boat, make the news, and cause the problems. Add to that the truth that the majority of non-believers aren't Satanic, demon worshipping miscreants... they are just what one might call secular or humanist and don't tend to have any dog in this fight.

I do not disagree that some factions of the extreme fringes of the church in the US could end up sparring with some hate group or even a misguided free speech entity, kind of lost in its way and sucked in. But it wouldn't be a civil war, IMO, it'd just be a series of skirmishes that would just end up being CNN filler and thread fodder on conspiracy sites. I don't think the extremists from either side get much sympathy from the middle. People care more about who is going to be on the the next season of Dancing With the Stars than they do a resurrection of the inquisition or about having another church schism.

My .02 cents....

~Heff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Exactly. You are presenting it very accurately. Some christians are just donkeys, I saw them myself doing exactly what you described. But there are also antichristians who actually are sick of any christians and become trolls. If only the right balance between religion and atheism would be found, no conflict would arise. Like yourself, sir. You are an atheist (agnostic) who tries to see what's true.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

True. Nevertheless, war between antichristians and hard-core, closed-ears christians is just at its beginning. I do not say that all atheist are luceferians, but some surely are. I saw some mason trying to pass luciferian ideas recently, and discredit everything some poor christians were saying because, then, antichristians would say, "you're a christian, its normal you wouldn't accept luciferian/materialist theories, so your post has no value". It was sickening to watch.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think you've a valid point. Any belief (or non-belief) system has its fanatics. Whereas many or perhaps most Christians and athiests are of the "meh, I don't care what you think" variety, you have people in both camps who rabidly want to destroy the other camp. The question is, I think, are there enough of the fanatics to really make that much difference, RE something as far as a civil war.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by swan001

I have been on ATS for awhile now....and I have never come across an atheist troll....ever. Most of the trolls I see or rather most of the posters I percieve to be trolls, are religious. They will chime in on almost any subject and insert a god (maybe some bible verses) into the conversation when its not relevant. They usually get support to.

I think your problem is that you think religion is above criticism, its not. Pretty much any belief you hold will be challenged. Religion is no exception. This is not just between christians vs atheists. Agnostics and other non religious groups also criticize religions. Different religions challenge each others beliefs. Christians are just butthurt that they cant run around telling people what to think anymore.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Either you aren't looking very hard or you have blinders on. Nearly every post about the Bible or some passage of Scripture or certain belief will have one or more of the following troll posts:

"The Bible is made up."
"Christians r dumb."
"Jesus, Santa, and the toothfairy. What do they all have in common?"
"Religion is a scam."

They usually are one or two liners and add nothing to the value of the thread topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Took me two seconds. First responder to the thread: Atheist troll.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

It's as if you're reading my mind.
Double stars.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Anti-Christians because the current majority in the place you live is Christians, if this was in India, it would be Anti-Hindu.

In general they are Atheist. I don't confront anyone into a debate, because most of my family still believes in gods and last thing i want is them ostracizing and blaming things on me for not believing in god lol, example, failing my driving test for the first time.

But if a statement is directed at ME, that kinda says, "people that don't believe are more likely to do crime" etc or "you are just blind because you don't trust in god".

I started a discussion with a fellow worker during break time, but at the end of the debate, i didn't want to leave any bad blood so i left it with a vague answer "its all a mystery..", because ending the debate with "i can't believe you still believe in those fairy tales" would not be a good thing in work place, since we are in same department. But as i was leaving, the person told me, "i sometimes wonder why certain evil things are allowed and how they disagree sometimes" i could have replied with "because its man made" but i just said "yeah.." as i was walking away.

edit on 8/22/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

But now, I see that instead of using their keen minds to try and find truth, some atheists (I would say at least 75%) actually went balistic, and roam around actually attempting to destroy christianism itself.

I too see this trend, and funny thing is, in the past Atheists always knew more about the Bible than Christians. Now days that is not always the case. As for us who are not Atheist, and believe in a Deity or several Deities, and are avid readers and good researchers are not attempting to destroy Christianity, we are simply attempting to open the box and see what is inside. We wish to see the origins of the story, whatever it may be. And we are not into be slaves to a "Master," or a "Lord." To call the Divine that is an insult, to me anyways.

I think the whole concept of an "Anti-Christ" is actually a movement such as today against organized religion in any form. I believe the Roman Catholic Church should be be fully investigated, and the famous archives open up and translated for the world. Organized religion hold many secrets, and I want to know what they are.

The World is already divided enough. We don't need an additionnal war on this site: please, antichristians, stop the war with christians, and christians, stop looking for future converts. We all have the right to believe what we want: it's called free will.
Stop the war that currently is corrupting ATS.

Peace, freedom and joy

That shoe also fits the other foot, I'm afraid. My two step sons attended a Church Camp. There they were told that one day they would have to war with anyone not a Christian, and "destroy" all Witches, Homosexuals, and Atheists, for they were "the enemies of God," in their words. This scared my little boy, as we are all Wiccan here at home, and he not thinks Christians are coming to kill his parental figures.

As for this internet bickering, Christians could work to stop getting insulted, and stop getting history lessons, if they would just stop looking for future converts, and stop trying to "save" everyone. We do all have the Right to believe what we want: it's called Free Will.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by swan001

I haven't either. Most of the Atheists on this board are intelligent, knowledgeable, and do not insult or call names, or troll threads. However, there are more than a few Fundamentals in ATS that do just that. Want to see what a Religious Troll looks like, read a few pages of my thread....
Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?
The Fundies got so mad at all the supportive replies that they trolls the thread to death. Closed by staff:

Thread Closed. Will be re-opened when staff feels you all can come back and
discuss the topic without the childish arguing and name calling.

I have to agree there, it's true. Religion in general is responsible for many conflicts, and many innocent deaths. For people to question them is pure human nature, we are all here on Earth to Learn, not to be Brainwashed by others.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join