It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Some Catholics believe that. Whether it's part of the church's teachings or not, I couldn't tell you..

Believe what?? That masterbation and the 'spilling of seed' kills people? No Catholic believes that as part of the faith. That is NOT in the catechism .. it's NOT preached from the pulpit ... its NOT in the Catholic school books. It's absolutely not part of the Catholic faith and it's seriously bad science that even a fifth grader knows isn't true.

Masterbation .. pulling out early ... spilling the seed .... none of it has anything to do with abortion and/or killing unborn children. It's called 'onanism' ... it's a totally different (supposed) 'sin' than abortion. Not related at all.

*** Side note .. no, I don't believe in onanism .. I'm just relating the facts of what the catholic faith says about masterbation because that question came up earlier in the thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
But that's why it's good to leave religion out of public policy. .

I FULLY agree with you on this. Secular rule of law .... it's the ONLY way to run a country.

I am anti-abortion because of the science involved in abortion. Doctors will tell you that unborn children feel pain and when they perform surgery on unborn children they have to use painkillers. Unborn children suck their thumbs, play with their toes, play with the cord, open and close their eyes, hear what is going on around them, .. and feel pain.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Men like Ryan and Aiken are American hero's...........the crimes of abortion are tearing down this entire civilization........

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

pretty sure masturbation cant lead to pregnancy on its own and as it takes a ovum and sperm to make a kid, beating your meat is not the same unless you wanna start locking up women for ovulating(passing a potental life out of their bodies,kinda like a nocturnal emission ) i don't think your parallel fits (im pro choice with a few cavats btw)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This priest specifically said that masturbation is like abortion in that it is a sin and there is no difference between sins.

He teaches this. Now what other catholic priests teach...i don't know.

But sin is sin.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A womans right ends where another persons right begins.

No one had the right to move in and take up residence without an invitation. An unwanted pregnancy is just that, an uninvited resident living within a woman's body.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Err....my post was referencing specific statements in two different posts. Another poster had mentioned a Catholic priest's ideas on masturbation and abortion....yadda yadda yadda.....a question was posed that was dodged. It was all following a certain progression of thought among certain sects of pro-lifers.

edit on 8/21/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It's not. It's designed to show that the candidate for the Republican VP has outdated and oppressive ideas where women's rights are concerned. Being a heartbeat away from the presidency, it's something I think we all should be aware of. This thread also shows that Paul Ryan supports the same Personhood Amendment that Ron Paul supports, which would outlaw all abortion and most contraception for women. I posted a thread about that here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, it is a thread designed to further the agenda, of those who are pro-Abortion, while lambasting the GOP. Lets call it for what it is. Is it Not ANTI ROMNEY/RYAN ? Whats funny is I wont be voting for Romeny, but this is typical of what we see out in the Media, the spin, and the negativity. Sorry BH, but I call it for what it is. Its a Pro-Abortion agenda.

Yes, Obama is responsible for extending the patriot act and the NDAA. We have threads devoted to specific topics. This one has nothing to do with Obama. There are other threads that discuss his involvement in other travesties. If you want to discuss Obama, please post in one of those threads.

Sure, there are other threads, that have talked about Obama, and his failures. Just as there are threads that talk about the GOP, and their stance on Abortion. I am Highly critical of Romney, but HES not the President. Its not hard to compare them actually. They are Both Liars, and are both Hypocrites. Please dont be mad, that I am stating the obvious, when I say this thread has its agenda. Not saying its wrong or right. Personally, I believe woman need to have a stronger voice, representing them, but I am also saying, Our current President needed to step up, and make that happen too. He hasnt, and voting for him, is like voting for Romney.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1
Again, it is a thread designed to further the agenda, of those who are pro-Abortion, while lambasting the GOP.

I am anti-abortion. I just don't force my views on others.

Lets call it for what it is. Is it Not ANTI ROMNEY/RYAN ?

Yes, it is. I am against the government making personal choices for our lives. And I don't want Romney/Ryan to be elected. At the very least, I want Romney supporters to know what they're voting for. The Official Republican Platform is Anti-abortion, without exceptions. Not for rape, not for incest and not for danger to the life of the woman. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't deny that this thread has an agenda. And I'm not mad.

edit on 8/21/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

No, they're morons and they're WRONG for America!

They're all wrong!

Wrong!
Wrong!
Wrong!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I am anti-abortion. I just don't force my views on others.

Is anyone really pro-abortion? Seriously!

I don't know anyone that's like - - "WOW - let's have an abortion".

RIGHT OF CHOICE. It's RIGHT OF CHOICE - - - not pro-abortion.

Its the legal right of women to make a choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not want to derail thread.

Back on subject:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

KK.......

I am also not mad, and If the thread is designed to show what Romney and Co., are really about, I have No problems with that.

I only had a problem, that Obama wasnt shown in his true colors. I like to see ALL the hypocrisy, in full technicolor !!!

One more thing?

Women need to have a stronger voice representing them. I cant take that away from you, nor would I want to. Youre a great poster.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

pro-a·bor·tion (pr-bôrshn)
adj.
Favoring or supporting legalized abortion.

Its even in the Dictionary. Imagine that...........

Back on subject........

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Annee

pro-a·bor·tion (pr-bôrshn)
adj.
Favoring or supporting legalized abortion.

Its even in the Dictionary. Imagine that...........

Back on subject........

Not responding.

Do not want to derail thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why cant republicans get over it? Abortion is legal. Stop trying to regulate it, aren't they supposed to be against regulation and big government?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Err....my post was referencing specific statements in two different posts. Another poster had mentioned a Catholic priest's ideas on masturbation and abortion....yadda yadda yadda.....a question was posed that was dodged. It was all following a certain progression of thought among certain sects of pro-lifers.

edit on 8/21/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

I can't dodge something I didn't see. FlyersFan supplied an appropriate answer. Maybe more eloquent than I would have stated, but along the same lines.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

and this is where YOU fail miserably. Of course there are hard working american's who are struggling. But guess what, life isn't fair. You thinking that somehow government, something man-made can make things fair for everyone? That's almost as ridiculous as me growing 5 inches by tomorrow.

If you realized too late in life that you have to get your act together, and now you're stuck working three jobs at department stores and restaurants, that's your own fault. Your 15 hour work day does NOT equal a CEO's 15 hour work day. Sorry, it's reality. You're not entitled to house, kids, or a good paying job.

I'm sure there are some hard working Americans who just had some tough luck, but oh well, that's life....It's not governments job to help them, (they will inevitably fail) it's the individuals job. No government will EVER be able to successfully govern man in that way.

Our only hope is ourselves...if human beings don't figure this out, we're gonna all kill each other anyways.

Best case scenario, big government fails.

Worst case scenario, freedom gives you a chance.

But go ahead and stick to your cradle to grave mentality, foolishly thinking that all the poor or struggling need is a chance that they were somehow "cheated out of.".....and keep foolishly thinking regulating the rich will create jobs and provide more "equality."

Well you're worried about dreams, I'm preparing myself for reality every day.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Originally posted by babybunnies
What makes me laugh is that GOP voters, and TEA party members specifically, claim that the current GOP positions show their "true Conservative values".

Conservative Governments in other countries, such as the UK and Canada, think that American GOP positions are INSANE, and senior officials in Whitehall (London) have said that Romney is "worse than Sarah Palin" after meeting him.

Similar assessments here.
"True conservative values" seem to vary from country to country.
Some U.S. conservatives consider themselves the measure of all things I guess.

Conservatives here realise that the right to abortion is inseparably from women's rights to self-determination.
Also, religious views may not influence political judgements / agendas so much as in the U.S..
edit on 21-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Im pretty sure more people die every year because of vehicle related deaths than gun violence but the constitution tells me I can and should have a gun ( my interpretation) but this same document does not say anything about a vehicle. When will you people come to terms with you argue because you think you are right and your opinion matters when in fact it doesnt? Perhaps everyone should be knocked down a peg and realize even without the constitution if you believe you are set apart by your creator to the freedom to do whatever you want as long as you do not delimit the freedom of others you are still an american and you dont have to be part of my tuesday afternoon lol session with myself watching the political fallout. I cant believe this dog and pony show continues the same way it makes me believe that people want truly want the world to stay the same and get worse. wtf over!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join