It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by bjax9er

oh, i'am sorry, i forgot it's my responsibility to provide for every sick, uneducated child, born into a poor non-working hard enough family

And this is where your premise fails miserably. And it poisons your whole mindset.

There are actually HARD WORKING POOR PEOPLE in America.

I'll say it again, and spell it out for you.

There are actually H_A_R_D W_O_R_K_I_N_G POOR PEOPLE in America.

Just because you work your ass off does not make you automatically rich. You need to redo your post, as you based it all on this false premise, and so your whole argument is based on a falsehood.

so working hard justifies stealing my labor?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He's easy to control and has no real positions of his own or even a mind of his own. What a perfect person to put at the top of the ticket to guarantee an extreme shift to the hard right, whicj is what they have been orchestrating for years.

Romney isn't hard right. He's definately not conservative. Obama and Romney = same/same on major issues. If Romney is easy to control and has no real positions, then the same can be said of Obama. There isn't much daylight between them on the major issues ...

NPR - Are Obama and Romney the Same Guy?
40 points that Prove Obama and Romney are Essentially the Same Candidate

Just a few highlights -

1. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney both supported TARP.
2. Mitt Romney supported Barack Obama’s “economic stimulus” packages.
3. Mitt Romney says that Barack Obama’s bailout of the auto industry was actually his idea.
4. Neither candidate supports immediately balancing the federal budget.
5. They both believe in big government and they both have a track record of being big spenders while in office.
6. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney both fully support the Federal Reserve.
7. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are both on record as saying that the president should not question the “independence” of the Federal Reserve.
8. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have both said that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke did a good job during the last financial crisis.
9. Barack Obama and Mitt Romney both felt that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke deserved to be renominated to a second term.
10. Both candidates oppose a full audit of the Federal Reserve.

For 30 more surprising same/same points ... go to the link.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

1 reason romney and obama are not the same canidate.

1) romney is not a commie

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I applaud your effort here BH, but how many elections and endless years do we have to divert all our attention to abortion and all related issues that come back to abortion?

I really can't stand our two parties, they are a joke! One gives everybody everything, with no accountability, the other is a freaking bible thumping, corporate fraternity kiss-ass that feigns care for all,but does the opposite.

When are we all going to quit these 2 parties, huh? Do they really represent us anymore? Not me that's for sure!

It's embarrassing to have these mentalities in charge of us! We used to be an intelligent mass of people, but we LET them dumb us down.

Vote 3rd party is the first step. The second step could get nastier, but it's obviously coming, by default or design, I am not sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ryan painted the same picture with the same brush as Aiken when they CO-sponsored those bills. Birds of feather......

What you call hyperbole, I call fact.

Jobs will come back when we stop these silly tax policies (Lets have a couple wars, medicare prescription reform, tax cuts and, and um, NOT pay for them!! INSANE!!) and pay people LIVING wages. Pay them more, they will spend more. Give rich people tax breaks, they will find new ways to offshore it.

But I digress, feel free to vote for a tax policy in place for 10 yeats (at least) that doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Conservative Christian Extremists... proud makers of "Death To The Poor" and "American Sharia" now bring you their new line up of dolls "Unwanted Child Birthing Barbie - With remote control welfare denial!"

Seriously... twenty years ago? Couldn't have made this stuff up. Today? Inches away from living in it. Terrifying.

I've got a compromise though. There is already a place that meets most of the far rights requirements... tons of money, corrupt system, tons of people who'll work for next to nothing and not complain. The only drawback is that this place allows abortion. So, instead of fighting each other, I propose that we simply lobby China to ban abortion and ~BAM~ Conservative Christian extremists paradise!

Let it sink in... they're screaming about how the sitting POTUS is a danger to your rights - and their own platform of "freedom" doesn't even reach the same freedom watermark as the communist nations does on this issue.

This is why extremists are bad... they become so blinded in doctrine that they lose all sense of perspective.

~Heff

edit on 8/21/12 by Hefficide because: bah I typod... now my spellingz will get called out in thread...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Living in America, and enjoying the fruits of the labor of poor people, justifies taking some from those that have, to those who have not.

It is the American way. If you don't like it here, China is waiting.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, I'll reply to you the same I posted in another thread.

"Abortion is just another word for justification to murder unborn people.

I'm amused that so many think it is radical to save a life.

It is an innocent life. It did nothing, it caused no problems. Yet people panic when they aren't allowed to murder it.

Crazy world we live in."

I guess abortion is going to be the talking point for this week.
Well, my stance on it is pretty clear.
I've been called many things in my short tenure at ATS. Guess I'll have to add "extremist" to the list.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have refused to take part in the ridicule of Akin over his comments, since I believe we should be a bit more forgiving when people misspeak.....

But the stance these "Republicans" have taken on abortion is nothing new. The ideology of "no abortion, at all" has been the norm in every abortion bill they have written in the recent past.

2004-no abortions-no exception

2008-no abortions-no exceptions

2012- get the idea yet?

I have been chastised by my fellow Republicans/conservatives when I say that it is none of our damned business to get mixed up in the personal affairs of other people!

We, as conservatives, should uphold the freedoms of the individual first and foremost. And what happens in another persons body is none of our business!

edit on 21-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
reply to post by FlyersFan

1 reason romney and obama are not the same canidate.

1) romney is not a commie

No, just a sympathizer.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer I don't disagree a bit with anything you just said. But since I lack possession of a womb of my own - I feel that it's my responsibility to defer, in this manner, to those who do. And not only do women favor their rights, overwhelmingly, but the courts, including the SCOTUS, have upheld those same rights.

Take it for what it is.

Trust me if women banded together and tried to get any sort of penis control laws passed - it'd never happen. Suddenly we'd all become friends in a hurry. Guys would band together like never before.

This is that, in reverse to me. It's crystal clear. So... I take a stand based upon the opinions of the people the issue effects.

~Heff

edit on 8/21/12 by Hefficide because: again with the typos!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can agree to a certain point Beez.

Abortion is not a wide spread problem as many would make it seem. Something around 94% of all abortions are due to sever medical issues that pose a threat to the mother or child.

It seems illogical to me to compromise our personal freedoms in order to stop something that is actually quite rare.

And let's be honest, if we banned abortion.....it would happen anyway. Like pot smoking and prostitution. The least we can do is make sure these people can go to the hospital instead of some back-alley abortion.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Abortion is just another word for justification to murder unborn people.

A zygote cannot be considered a person, but the radical right considers a lump a multiplying cell a 'person'.

When you argue a lump of multiplying cells should be considered a person, it kind of falls flat on its face.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I have been chastised by my fellow Republicans/conservatives when I say that it is none of our damned business to get mixed up in the personal affairs of other people!

We, as conservatives, should uphold the freedoms of the individual first and foremost. And what happens in another persons body is none of our business!

edit on 21-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Murder is against the law. Except when it isn't. The age of the victim is the only difference.

Says beezzer, THE RADICAL EXTREMIST (oh noes)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

They also argue that a corporation is a person. They got some screwed up priorities in the GOP.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by beezzer

Abortion is just another word for justification to murder unborn people.

A zygote cannot be considered a person, but the radical right considers a lump a multiplying cell a 'person'.

When you argue a lump of multiplying cells should be considered a person, it kind of falls flat on its face.

We are all lumps of multiplying cells.

That the best you can do?

Sorry. I won't argue anymore on the subject. Some people will do anything to justify it. S'okay. Go ahead with the killing. Whatever.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Where do you draw the line? I know a catholic priest in my local area that thinks masturbation is taking a life. Does that mean all men are serial killers?

Fact is, we cannot agree on where to draw the line so let's protect the right of women/men to talk to a doctor and make the choice that is best for them.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A common phrase here on ATS.

"My rights end where others begin"

Pity that thought process doesn't extend to abortion.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Murder is against the law. Except when it isn't. The age of the victim is the only difference.

So tell me why our fellow Republicans can try to say that abortion is murder and therefore wrong, but the same people are willing to send my fellow countrymen overseas to die for oil and sand?

It's all hypocritical. We shouldn't abort babies....and we shouldn't have war. Both are gonna happen anyway.

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

Where do you draw the line? I know a catholic priest in my local area that thinks masturbation is taking a life. Does that mean all men are serial killers?

Fact is, we cannot agree on where to draw the line so let's protect the right of women/men to talk to a doctor and make the choice that is best for them.

But aren't the rights of the unborn igored?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join